Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

First day of Maternity Leave

(11 Posts)
BikeRunSki Thu 10-Jan-13 13:09:33

V envious, I went back to work last week. Both my DC were a bit early (not scarily so), so I never got any nice, calm, maternity leave time to myself.

Polyethyl Thu 10-Jan-13 13:01:13

A lot of suggestions to sleep. Clearly it is time for a siesta!

Take it easy, once the baby arrives you won't be able to. I wish I had that time back!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 10-Jan-13 12:31:25

Sleep

Cook some nice meals for the freezer

Watch a film

Sleep

Drink a hot cup of tea

Sleep

Sit and listen to the silence

Sleep

grin

Iggly Thu 10-Jan-13 12:25:52

Go get pampered!

stowsettler Thu 10-Jan-13 12:25:15

I hate you. I have another week to go.
(Not really - enjoy yourself!)

Polyethyl Thu 10-Jan-13 11:45:14

I've wrestled on some socks, I'll have a quick rest before attempting shoes... and then I'll go out and do something useful.

PeppaPigStinks Thu 10-Jan-13 11:30:49

I second organising- sadly I didn't! And my house is now even more of a tip!

PeppaPigStinks Thu 10-Jan-13 11:29:57

Relax and enjoy the peace! Have a long wallow in the bath instead of a quick shower?

Go for a swim? Or a walk?

If you would like to breast feed find out about a local support group an pop in to say hi?

Meet friends for coffee?

Maybe some batch cooking (too organised and domesticated for me)!

Just enjoy! (As I sit here recalling child free days!).

staverton Thu 10-Jan-13 11:28:33

Sleep
Organise things you've been meaning to do for ages as you won't get time for years... Eg photos/old clothes etc
Is it your first?

Polyethyl Thu 10-Jan-13 11:24:29

I've had a lie in. I've read a silly novel. I've wandered around the flat vaguely tidying.

What on earth do I do now?

I ought to go out and buy a new Moses basket mattress, but that means putting on shoes.

Any suggestions on how to fill my time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now