Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thrush a sign of pregnancy??

(2 Posts)
Lorrainbow Wed 09-Jan-13 10:16:31

Hello,

My husband and I are trying for our second baby - we haven't been trying long but we got pregnant very fast on our first so I'm carefully watching out for the signs!

One thing that has happened is I have thrush. I know you are more likely to get thrush when you're pregnant but does that happen a lot later in pregnancy and not the first few weeks?? Has anyone had thrush at the beginning?

I didn't get thrush at all during my first pregnancy but I know each pregnancy is different...

Thanks for your help!

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 09-Jan-13 10:23:37

I did some research on this a couple of weeks ago - DH and I are also TTC#2 and I had thrush for the first time in about 20 years so wondered if it was a sign. The stuff I read suggested that hormone changes in early pregnancy might make thrush more likely, but it isn't necessarily a sign in itself that you are pregnant (and wasn't in my case - AF arrived a few days later). I think mine was down to the horrendous cold I had and generally being run-down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now