Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Just fell down the stairs, please help!

(29 Posts)
BionicEmu Tue 08-Jan-13 12:36:09

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today. About 1.5 hours ago I was carrying my 2 year-old down the stairs and I slipped on a magazine DH had left on the step. I fell onto my back, with my left arm caught in the bannister and somehow my right leg ended up doubled over backwards so I was kind of lying on it. Toddler landed right on my bump.

I've been in severe pain with my back anyway due to a pre-existing condition, but now the pain in my lower back & right hip is agony.

I also haven't felt baby move since I fell, but that's not unusual for this time of day, he's normally quiet in the middle of the day.

I know this will be almost impossible to answer, but do you think I'm ok & have just pulled a whole bunch of muscles? Or should I call someone? And if so, then who? I'm at home by myself with my toddler, DH is at work.

Sorry to hear that they will be keeping you in, it is hard being away from your little one, but at least if anything happens with your baby's placenta they will be able to act straight away.

So glad you went in, I am not one for fuss either , but something in me was saying that you really needed to go in and be checked out.

Take care of yourself x

Maternitygold Wed 09-Jan-13 16:51:26

Loads of good wishes to you and a speedy recovery.

musicmaiden Wed 09-Jan-13 19:20:48

Good luck! Glad you went in. smile

How are you keeping bionic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now