Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

When will the flabby bit go?!

(7 Posts)
tinkletinklestar Tue 08-Jan-13 21:02:32

My section over hang hasn't gone either, was hoping my belly would grow into it. Maybe the Dr will give me little tummy tuck lol

Stepawayfromthesweeties Tue 08-Jan-13 20:37:58

Oh no, I was hoping that my overhang would disappear some time soon (I'm 18weeks). The top of my B is getting bigger, midwife told me this is because the baby is forcing everything upwards hmm I just want a nice big round bump to fill my new maternity clothes, at the mo I just look like i've had too many pies

sundaesundae Tue 08-Jan-13 12:24:32

29 weeks and still double bumping! Less so, but still there.

Quinandthem Tue 08-Jan-13 09:50:37

i was wondering if this was just me...

i'm only 15wks and have always had a little paunch below the belly button but this week the above belly button bit seems to have grown more than the below - not the best look.

i just want a nice bump and not look fat but it looks like that is a way off.

emblosion Tue 08-Jan-13 06:15:53

It will! Probably all of a sudden, you'll just notice one day that the 'B' shape has gone. I was probably around 25 weeks last time but can't remember exactly. smile

greenj1 Mon 07-Jan-13 23:12:41

Im sure it will happen soon, after my first son was born by c section I had an overhang, in pregnancies after this never went and I never had a pretty bump! I didnt mind tho as soon as your baby is born you will forget about it!

itsmyfirsteek Mon 07-Jan-13 22:55:34

I'm 25 weeks and still have a split bunp! Above my belly button up to my bra I have a definate baby bump but below my belly button I still have a flabby tummy. When will that bit harden up and meet the rest of my bump?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now