Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy and no real symptoms, is this normal? Any full termers that had this?

(63 Posts)
amiready Sat 05-Jan-13 17:36:46

Hi all, this is my first thread and my first pregnancy. Getting a bit concerned as don't really seem to have many / any symptoms while lots of others at my stage are. Keep hearing that morning sickness reduces miscarriage risk by 30%! Would love to hear from some people a bit further along who have made it ok and didn't really have any symptoms. There's nothing I can really do is there apart from running out and buying lots of CB dating tests, which don't seem to be that accurate anyway! I just feel so normal! Boobs fine, no sickness, no pains - just odd twinge. x3 hpt positive and period 5 days late but nothing else to go on. Anyone else the same???

LexiLoganberryBump Tue 05-Feb-13 21:41:23

Had my DD 8 years ago and had no symptoms until the heartburn arrived in the third trimester.

Try not to let yourself worry to much smile

amiready Wed 06-Feb-13 22:14:09

Thanks LexiLogan. Doing my best. Just hoping all the good stuff is still ahead re telling people etc. It's always encouraging to hear other people's experiences about lack of symptoms!

MaryannM Wed 06-Feb-13 23:31:24

I suppose it's different for everybody, I had no symptoms at all and at 8 wks morning sickness kicked in and in force, 24/7. So .... Hang in there! I know plenty of women who had no symptoms and had very healthy babies. Good luck. X

amiready Thu 28-Feb-13 15:29:46

Well....have my 12 week scan tomorrow when according to my calculations I will be 12+4!!! Still no symptoms except tiredness/diarrhoea! Here's hoping all is well and that there really is a baby in there healthy and growing. Hoping with all my heart!

Kafri Fri 01-Mar-13 01:09:45

no symptoms here - pretty mych tge whole way through. I have very irregular cycles so if i hadn't needed ivf i probably wouldn't have known i was pregnant for ages. in fact if it wasn't for my early viability scan i wouldn't have believed my pg tests! wink

quite literally, throughout the whole 9months I had a touch of heartburn towards the end and then my bp started dancing around from 32 weeks by that point there was no denying i was pg

so yes - no symptoms can mean healthy pg.

I used to feel bad that i seemed to have it so easy compared to other women but then I would remind myself that i had my hard time actually getting pg in the first place.

I say just enjoy the time you have symptom free as from experience on here, things can and do hit at any time.

good luck x

amiready Fri 01-Mar-13 15:17:09

Thanks so much Kafri! Congratulations for you!
The exciting news is that there IS a baby there - all present and correct, heartbeat and everything and having a good wriggle! Just couldn't believe it until I saw it! Now I feel I actually have something to bond with!!

Just so excited. It all feels so much more real now.

PointlessCow Tue 05-Mar-13 07:01:53

Congratulations Ami that's wonderful news smile

I had no symptoms, in fact I had no idea I was pregnant. What I thought was a 8 week along pregnancy, had very long waving arms and legs at my '8 week scan'
I was actually nearly 23 weeks blush

amiready Wed 06-Mar-13 21:18:03

Wow!! Ha ha!! That makes me giggle! That's incredible makeitup!!! what a shock! Only just in time to tell work too!

Simian0 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:51:15

Congratulations!

I felt exactly the same as you at the start. I think we're remarkably lucky having no symptoms. At 33 weeks now and hearing other women's gripes and complaints in antenatal class I'm over the moon I've been so lucky. I've had some BP issues and some horrid acid reflux lately, but in the grand scheme of things...

I was so convinced that because i didnt 'feel pregnant' at the 12 week scan they were going to look, turn to me and say "oh love, you're not pregnant, you're just getting fat!". I didn't really start showing until about 26/27 weeks either (and I'm average size, not 'skinny').

It's total horses for courses with this pregnancy lark. Just be grateful you're not retching all over the place or lying up in bed with immobilising pains etc.

Enjoy it, sounds like you're going to have a good run. Just keep an eye on things you can't see you obviously, like BP etc.

Congrats again.

It was more terrifying than incredible blush Especially as I ride racehorses alot.
Congratulations OP grin

givemeaclue Thu 07-Mar-13 11:34:49

It's unusual to get symptoms that early! Many don't even know they are pg!

If it helps, I had twins and had no morning sickness at all, Nov everyone gets sick. Be glad you aren't!

BronaghT Thu 07-Mar-13 22:06:10

I wouldn't worry. I had no pregnancy symptoms, apart from my breasts getting very sore at around 7 weeks and feeling very tired before I even knew I was pregnant. During my pregnancy ( I am now 36w +4) I have been well, no symptoms at all. If you are lucky, let this continue during your pregnancy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now