Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Early pregnancy and no real symptoms, is this normal? Any full termers that had this?

(63 Posts)
amiready Sat 05-Jan-13 17:36:46

Hi all, this is my first thread and my first pregnancy. Getting a bit concerned as don't really seem to have many / any symptoms while lots of others at my stage are. Keep hearing that morning sickness reduces miscarriage risk by 30%! Would love to hear from some people a bit further along who have made it ok and didn't really have any symptoms. There's nothing I can really do is there apart from running out and buying lots of CB dating tests, which don't seem to be that accurate anyway! I just feel so normal! Boobs fine, no sickness, no pains - just odd twinge. x3 hpt positive and period 5 days late but nothing else to go on. Anyone else the same???

amiready Thu 10-Jan-13 15:06:09

Yay! That's cool! Congrats! It gives me hope. Still no symptoms but had GP appt today for booking in so it's all go!

Poonli Thu 10-Jan-13 17:28:08

Thanks forgetmenots! Good to know that all is still potentially ok. Congrats and hope the rest of it all goes well too smile

mumoftwoboysS Thu 10-Jan-13 17:52:53

Congratulations! With both of mine my symptoms/signs didn't start till around 8-9 weeks so I'm afraid you have time yet before you start feeling sick/tired!

good luck and hopefully you won't feel too bad! x

amiready Tue 22-Jan-13 21:40:57

7+2 - still no symptoms! Just two little pink lines!

Kafri Wed 23-Jan-13 07:09:16

Hi

I fretted right the way through my pg as I had NO symptoms.

I had IVF so found out it had been successful very early on (it was a looong pg)

Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever. Until I had a bump I second guessed my tests every single day.
No MS, no sore boobs, no cravings, no nothing. I just felt like me!

In fact the only problem I had was my BP right at the end. It got up and I ended up on tablets which I'm just being taken off now.

I gave birth in December, 1 day early to my beautiful ds.

Believe me, I know I had a really easy time of it. I was very lucky. But I do justify my easy pg with the fact I had such a hard time getting pg. I deserved an easy time once I got there! ;-)

Congratulations Hun, enjoy your easy times as, from reading on here, the unpleasant symptoms can hit at any time and you'll be wishing the easy time back. Hope you continue to feel well but I do understand it makes you question I everything is ok.

I'll also be honest, if you're a fretter like me you have plenty more fretting to come. Waiting for each scan, even tho the last was fine. Waiting for each mw appt to hear that little heartbeat, waiting to feel Bubs move for the first time and then fretting cos you can't feel it every day at first. Waiting each day to feel Bubs move once you can expect to feel it every day. Honestly-the fretting doesn't stop! Lol

I told myself at 8 week viability scan that if be ok once I got to 12 weeks. Then at 12 weeks I would be ok at 16 week cons appt, the. At 16 weeks of be ok at 20 wk scan. Towards then end I told myself everything would be ok once I had dc in my arms. Well, not a chance. I've still worried every day since his arrival. It never ends!!lol

Good luck! Keep us all posted, x

i didnt have any symptoms until about 5/6 weeks. the nausea and tiredness just hit me one morning.

my bff was telling her dm (a dr) that she was worried that at 6+6 she'd had NO symptoms. the next morning hypermersis g started and she vomited all day every day until 20 weeks shock sad

Bejeena Wed 23-Jan-13 14:18:15

I am now 10+1 and I didn' have any symptoms until I was past 6 weeks. Admitedly we didn't find out until I was 5+6 but still.

In a few weeks you'll be wishing you never asked probably.

BonaDea Wed 23-Jan-13 16:04:36

OP - I'm 30 weeks today and had absolutely no symptoms until I guess I started to show (does that count as a symptom?). No sickness, no sore or enlarged boobs, no heartburn.

This has basically continued until a few weeks ago when tiredness really started to hit, but that's been it. I'd count yourself lucky... and definitely don't worry that it is sinister. The MS is only an issue for those who have morning sickness then it STOPS. Not having it in the first place doesn't mean anything !

DizzyDizzy Wed 23-Jan-13 16:11:04

i've had 3 previous miscarriages (11w6d was the furthiest i got), and symptoms with all... tiredness, morning sickness etc. but this pregancy i've had NO symptoms (other than being a bit of a cry baby) and i'm 24weeks. everything seems PERFECT!! so don't worry AT ALL about having no symptoms... every woman and pregnancy is different. hope everything goes well xxxxx

amiready Wed 23-Jan-13 22:19:24

oh gosh, such a relief. Over on the Sept 2013 thread everyone is vomiting! It can make you feel a bit as though you're a bit of a fraud!

Tried to listen to a heartbeat with a doppler at work - I have access to one funnily enough! Nothing so far but still early days.

Thanks Kafri for your advice - and congratulations!! Yes, I rather suspect the worry never ends - right up to university age and beyond! What have we let ourselves in for?! Ha ha! Good luck with it all!

Oh well, one day at a time. 7+3 today! Whoop whoop! confused

amiready Wed 23-Jan-13 22:21:55

Thanks Dizzy too. Sorry you had such a rough ride and so glad you got there in the end. 11w+6, that's just too much, too unfair. All the best for your lovely little one.

CarrieJayne Wed 23-Jan-13 23:57:18

Hi amiready, I'm on Sept thread with you. No symptoms here either! I'm sort of creating symptoms, as in, ooh I feel like my boobs are getting bigger, but frankly if I didn't know I was preggers I wouldn't notice anything! I am 7+2 today, having a private scan tomorrow to make sure I didn't dream it all up!

amiready Thu 24-Jan-13 10:42:16

oh wow - that's exciting. Good luck! It's nice to know other people aren't necessarily getting symptoms either! I think actually about 1 in 4 don't but it seems as though they keep fairly quiet on MN as I guess there is less to say! I'm thinking about an early scan as I've just been given my NHS one for the 1st of March! Which seems an age away and is also after the 12 week mark when we wanted to start telling people. hmm
Hope your scan goes really well.

BonaDea Thu 24-Jan-13 14:59:45

there is definitely less to say when you're not joining in with the moaning about MS and it is not that helpful for people like us to post saying "sorry, to hear you're feeling rotten, I feel just like normal" grin

my only complaint about the no sickness really was that it did make the whole thing feel unreal until the 12 week scan...

amiready Thu 24-Jan-13 16:47:31

Good luck BonaDea. I can't even IMAGINE being 30 weeks!

HappyAsASandboy Thu 24-Jan-13 17:16:26

I didn't have any symptoms until about 16 weeks, except being a bit tired.

I had twins grin

Try and relax. You have a long way to go until the 12 weeks scan, and even longer to go before you meet your baby. And stop with the pregnancy tests - at some point they stop showing as pregnant even though there is nothing wrong. If you keep doing them then one day you're going to panic that it isn't as strong a signal, but that's entirely normal.

Oh, and congratulations!

Oh my goodness I could have written this post!! I am currently 6+6 and other than an increase in headaches I have no symptoms. I have been driving myself crazy thinking the worst - this post has been really reassuring - thanks lovelies smile

I have a private scan booked for next Saturday - think its going to be a long week..........!!

I haven't found the due in sept 13 thread yet - I will have a hunt for it smile

Dillydollydaydream Sat 26-Jan-13 07:42:07

Not full term but I'm 22 wks and everything's ticking along nicely.
This is dc4, with dc1 I didn't have symptoms apart from tiredness. With dc2&3 I had really bad sickness til about 30 wks. Dc was a girl but 2&3 were boys. This time I've been tired in the evenings, my boobs are tender if I prod them and I haven't been sick once. I feel nauseous if I haven't eaten but apart from that I've been ok. According to my last scan this one is a girl. Looks like boys make me more sick for some reason?!

Every pregnancy is different, some people are sick 24/7 and have every symptom going, others Sail through with none at all. Try not to worry.

amiready Sat 26-Jan-13 12:21:43

Thanks guys - it's just so lovely to hear of other people in the same position - so reassuring somehow. It's one of the reasons we still haven't told anyone yet - just so hard to know if anything going on in there! Having a nightmare sorting out my contract with work too, so just want that out the way, which I hope will help a lot with reducing stress. 7+6 today....

Mummytotheark - on topics look under Pregnancy, and then antenatal clubs and you will find us.

Dillydolly so glad everything ticking along - must be lovely to be able to feel movements etc. I am excited about getting to the second trimester!

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support!

dietcokeandwine Sat 26-Jan-13 12:49:24

I'm pretty much full term with my third DC (due next week)...had two healthy full term babies previously.

DC1, stacks of symptoms, felt awful for first 14 weeks, definitely 'felt' pregnant but blossomed in middle trimester

DC2 - no symptoms whatsoever, felt fine, would never even have believed there was a baby in there apart from pregnancy tests and scans!

DC3 - have felt dreadful pretty much all the way through with sickness peaking between 14 and 24 weeks...

I have also had two early miscarriages but during those short periods of pregnancy I actually 'felt' far more pregnant than I did whilst carrying my (healthy) DS2...confused

So yes, all women are different but if my experience tells me anything it is that every pregnancy is different too even for the same woman, if you know what I mean.

Good luck with your pregnancy, I am sure you will be absolutely fine smile

ecuse Sat 26-Jan-13 12:56:18

No symptoms for me until about 15 weeks other than TIREDNESS. Perfectly healthy 20mo in the back seat of the car grin

Poonli Sat 26-Jan-13 15:01:36

Hi all I had my early pregnancy scan okay and all s fine. I saw baby and heard his heartbeat. They said if I hadn't developed morning sickness now then unlikely too. Yay!! Such a relief......

SquashNutButter Sat 26-Jan-13 20:49:02

Haven;t read the replies but 1st pregnancy - I had nothing but sore boobs to suggest anything was going on until about 14 weeks, when I think I felt a bit of stretching. 2nd pregnancy - didn't even have sore boobs until about 10/11 weeks.
Congrats and try not to worry smile

permaquandry Sat 26-Jan-13 21:02:16

Congratulations! My Msickness kicked in at 6 weeks, all other symptoms came with a vengeance too, headaches, sore boobs, twinges.

I still did a test every week up until 1st scan even tho symptoms were so strong! Early pregnancy can be worryingly especially with the first and it feels like a lifetime til the first scan.

Some women have no symptoms other that growing bump and sail through pregnancy. I'm not one of those women but I hope you are! Congrats again and try not worry. smile

amiready Tue 05-Feb-13 20:44:29

9+2 and still no symptoms!! Aggghhh.

Want a scan, want a scan, want a scan. Want to tell people, want to tell people, want to tell people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now