Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

overdue...cheer me up or keep me company?

(39 Posts)
orangeshortbread Fri 04-Jan-13 16:31:23

Only two days overdue (with first) but finding it hard to keep my sanity. Had twinges on and off but nothing significant. Who else is overdue and how are you keeping occupied?

Congratulations KMR! thanksHow lovely!

Hi octane, I know what you mean about being in limbo! I'm 40+5, booked to have a sweep on Monday and I also have had no signs at all. I'm really nervous about the sweep (not sure why as its my 2nd baby but never had to have one with my 1st) really hoping labour starts this weekend so I don't have to have it!

treenbean Fri 11-Jan-13 23:08:44

had baby Caitlyn 8th Jan 12:10pm smile 40weeks+12days

Congratulations treenbeen! smile thanks

I'm 40+6 now and still trying to wait patently.....

NPS15 Sun 13-Jan-13 01:02:53

hello babybellasmumma even i am 40+5 waiting patiently have tried spicy food,walking,pineapple guess baby wana stay inside for some more time... me impatient want the baby sooner cant wait any longer.. hope we have our little ones in our hands..

Hello and welcome NPS! All this waiting for baby is frustrating isn't it!?! Hopefully not too much longer for us all!

I'm 40+7 now and feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever! Starting to get rather fed up, don't want to leave the house, see people or even reply to the 2000 texts I get a day asking if any signs yet. Having my 1st sweep tomorrow so hoping that will start things off.

How is everyone else? Any new babies yet? (Just realised I too have turned into the annoying people that ask if any signs yet lol)

NPS15 Mon 14-Jan-13 13:22:17

Hello babybellasmumma how did ur appointment with mw go.... I hope u give us good news soon.I am still in the waiting stage getting iimpatient and also wondering is baby fine. 18 jan have appointment for inducing any body any idea how will induction be any past experience plz help thanks and goodluck

AgathaTrunchbull Mon 14-Jan-13 14:03:28

Still waiting here! 41 + 2 and due to be induced on Thursday. Could potentially go in for a second sweep tomorrow, but doubting whether it's worth the effort or not at this stage. The first one may eventually have got the mucus plug to shift (or that could have been the clary sage bath! Or the mega amount of walking...), but wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. Planning to read up on being induced today in the hope that the sod's law principle will kick in...

Well the midwife managed to do a sweep and it wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be! I'm just worrying now as I've had quite a bit of blood since she left half an hour ago. Anyone know if this is normal?

NPS15 Tue 15-Jan-13 12:34:59

looks like we gona have our babies soon.. what a relief it could be.. just getting nervous and excited..
babybellasmum hope you are doing ok.. take care..

Baby Archie was born this morning at 6.02am weighing an impressive 9lb 14oz!
My sweep didn't work but the bleeding I had afterwards turned out not to be normal. Was taken to hospital in an ambulance at 10pm last night and was induced.
All doing well now smile fingers crossed for all the ladies still waiting, hoping its not too much longer for you!

NPS15 Tue 15-Jan-13 16:48:59

Congrats on ur new bundle of joy glad u and baby are safe. So were u induced by iv or gel ..bcoz I will be getting induced on 18 sorry to bother u when u need rest thanks

Thank you smile
1st they broke my waters to see if that started the labour but it didn't so they gave me the gel which started the labour but after a while the contractions started getting weaker. So ended up on the drip. As soon as they put the drip in the contractions started getting really strong and it all happened so quick!

NPS15 Wed 23-Jan-13 10:42:06

Thank You BabyBellasmumma in sharing and for being a companion during those long waiting times... glad to let u know had a wee boy on 18 jan .. just feels so relived to see the little one safe..

Ah congratulations NPS! Lovely news smile hope you are doing well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now