Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newborn baby sizes

(28 Posts)
lisa2104 Tue 01-Jan-13 08:44:51

I bought two outfits from mamas and papas for my new arrival in new baby size which is up to 10lbs. They weren't cheap but I wanted something nice for her first pics etc. I'm now wondering whether to exchange them for 0-3 months as they will last a bit longer. Obviously neither you or I know what she will weigh but I was just wondering if others have had this 'dilemma'?

Kveta Tue 01-Jan-13 12:32:18

mine were both over 9lb, and newborn size was never big enough - they wore 0-1 month M+S stuff for the first 2-3 weeks, then went into 0-3 months from any shops. Luckily I ignored my mum telling me to get newborn sizes as her babies were all tiny - mine take after DH's side it seems!

lovemybabyboy Tue 01-Jan-13 12:40:14

DS1 was 7lbs 14oz and in newborn for about a month, DS2 was 6lbs 6oz and in newborn for just over 2 months. If it was me I would stick with newborn size if you want it for first outfit.

Badgerwife Tue 01-Jan-13 13:49:00

My 6lb newborn was in premature baby clothes for a good three weeks so who knows?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now