Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So sick of feeling like a dramatic neurotic princess hypochondriac whinge bag.

(26 Posts)
nananaps Thu 27-Dec-12 19:17:48

Its just not me.

But im so fucking uncomfortable and feel so unwell.
35 weeks down, 4 weeks left to go and i have (warning...whinging coming up)

Huge swollen feet, i can feel fluid sloshing around my feet when i try to walk.
Horrendous back pain, no matter what i do
Cruching hips when i stand
Tightenings across my bump that take my breath away, these come on if i need a wee, stand up too soon, walk anywhere, lie in bed relaxed...anything brings them on really
Breathless/wheeze
Shattered, absolutely tired out
Cant sleep (Due to back/hip pain)
High BP
Irritable...twinkling Christmas lights are getting on my nerves now
Heartburn/nausea/starving hungry
Dare not sneeze, cough or laugh too much because i actually wet myself.

Normally a busy, full time, hard working, person, i feel completely useless and helpless. Relying on DH to do everythng.
Of course the house is a mess, and its normally spotless, the washing is piling up, huge mountain of ironing staring at me.

sigh sad i feel fed up today. Just got back from maternity day case as they are monitoring my high BP (weekly...wtf is that all about??) with no plan. I NEED a plan!!!

Sorry.

CailinDana Tue 01-Jan-13 16:53:43

May I join the whinge fest?

I'm 32 weeks and I am so sick of being so feeble. I feel really guilty that my very hardworking DH has spent almost the entirety of his Christmas holidays dealing with 2 year old DS as I am just not able to run around after him or get down on the floor and play. He hasn't uttered one word of complaint, bless him, but I know he's tired and worn out from DS's constant demands to play. I took DS out to the park for 40 mins or so this afternoon and that's about the longest DH has had away from him in the last two weeks. I would have stayed longer but I was just so breathless and woozy I had to come back, at which point DH thanked me (sincerely) for the tiny bit of time off. Poor bugger.

Last night was just awful - every time I lay down my heart raced and I couldn't catch my breath. I had this with DS too and I know from now on sleep is going to be so difficult until the baby arrives. That's what gets to me the most - I wouldn't mind a tough day of being tired if I could go to bed, settle down and be comfortable but to know I'll feel just a shit on and off all night is so bloody miserable. I almost feel like not bothering going to bed at all it's just so frustrating. Plus my pelvis hurts like hell when I'm lying down.

I don't put pressure on myself to do a lot - I just want to do the basics like keeping the house relatively tidy and looking after DS.

I remember with DS that even though looking after a newborn was hard, the elation I felt at not being pregnant any more made up for a lot of it. Even when he was 6 months old I was still commenting to DH on how nice it was to be able to turn over in the bed easily and actually get some sleep now and again. I just do not handle the physical effects of pregnancy well at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now