Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help! Don't seem to be getting better.

(4 Posts)
Kafri Tue 11-Dec-12 13:58:02

I was really worried when DH got poorly. When he gets a cold it really sticks around as he was quite poorly as a child so anything respiratory knocks him for six. He had it for over 3 weeks and the cough that came along with it was AWFUL. I so didn't want to catch it! He went to see the doc in the end to check it was 'only' viral and she said it looked like he had picked up a secom cold virus while still under the weather from the first. There's so many lurking around at this time of year. Hope you feel better soon.

katesav87 Tue 11-Dec-12 08:45:45

So could be a while yet then! Ill give it a couple more days and go back if I still feel like this. I just worry about work I've been off so much this year due to various problems with my health and ice had so much time off and keep having time off. I'm a massive worrier and am so worried wat my collegues think of me. I wish I didn't have to work as I think I wouldn't have problems with my anxiety if I didn't have to worry constanly about work xxx

newbie6 Tue 11-Dec-12 08:28:17

Hi

I feel your pain, I am just getting over the cold now, 3 weeks since I got it. My doctor wouldn't give me anything either, they did give me antibiotics after 2 weeks but I decided to just let it run its course. I would give it another couple of days and if no better go back your doc as viral infections can develop into bacterial ones which means antibiotics would help you?

Hope you feel better soon as know how horrible it is.

X

katesav87 Tue 11-Dec-12 08:13:48

Hi I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I've had a horrible cold since last Thursday. My dd1 has had one to so we've been in the house since then except 2 trips to the docters. I've rested taken strepsils drunk honey and lemon taken parecetmol lots of water drunk but still I've woken up this morning feeling as bad as ever. I can hardly talk my throat hurts so much and wen I do I just start having a coughing fit. I need to get back to work but don't know wat to do. Y is it taking so long to go :-( is there anything else I could try. Going to the docters is useless they will just say it's a viral infection and nothing they can do xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now