Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Awful cough

(5 Posts)
1978andallthat Tue 11-Dec-12 23:57:52

Pregnancy made my usually mild asthma worse and I couldn't shift v chesty cough. Got my inhaler changed to a different steroid which is also stronger. Everything much better now. Worth considering asthma?

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 11-Dec-12 10:19:06

I would also try inhaling steam. It should help to clear you airways and stop it irritating so much. Tea spoons of honey before bed might help.

rainand Tue 11-Dec-12 09:29:16

^ thank you!! smile

amazingmumof6 Tue 11-Dec-12 01:34:07

try these things:
- Echinacea drops or chewing tablets - A. Vogel is good

- Manuka honey 10+ or 15+

- olbas oil and/or olbas bath - to clear your head and airways

- raw garlic

I used all of these when pregnant/bf every time I had a cold or bad cough - also strepsils, which I can't remember if safe or not but I went for it anyway, seemed to help with the coughing..

rainand Mon 10-Dec-12 20:15:10

Hi,

I've had an awful whooping cough for over two weeks. I suspect the cold weather isn't helping much! I went to the pharmacy and they said it was safe to take Vicks cough syrup with honey. I'm having that, is there anyone else in the same boat or can offer some advice as to how to get rid of it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now