Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

Mrsd77 Sat 23-Feb-13 07:31:18

Congratulations Mrs R!!

Stripes I'm a bit of a lurker and totally echo what Count says. This thread is full of ladies who have had a tough time and know exactly what you're feeling. They got me through some real wobbles during this pg (am currently 17 weeks pg after a molar last year).

Stay strong and do what you can to keep yourself sane! I've decided this time that if I'm worried in a way that a medical professional can help, that I am going to seek it persistently. Perhaps if you wanted to you could see your gp and get a 6 week scan?

Sorry you've had a tough time in the past. Lurk on here. The ladies are great and so many graduates come through, just like Mrs R!!

Good luck x

GaryBuseysTeeth Sat 23-Feb-13 08:32:50

Welcome Stripes, hope you get to hang around here for ages this time. Like Count says, I try to live in the 'today I'm pregnant' camp too. x

Congrats on the the great scan result Falcon

Oh, and I suppose a BIG massive congrats to MrsR is in hand! grin Hurrah for your little boy! Hope you & him are well & having lots of newborn squishy cuddles.

15wks here, started an Amazon wishlist of things we need for a baby, as we might be having one soon...

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

elsabel Sat 23-Feb-13 16:02:51

Congratulations mrsR !!! I hope you and little boy are well!

Welcome somany congrats on your bfp and sorry to hear about your losses. Cant really offer much more reassurance than what countmyblessings has said but hang around on here for hand holding. Hopefully in just a few weeks you'll be feeling better, i echo what count said though how about an early scan?

Great news on your healthy bean falcon you must be very relieved.

Well i went and got checked out at the hospital last night, thought i may have had a bit of a leak (although couldve been discharge or wee!!) But didnt know and got paranoid that my movements werent often enough. Anyway midwife checked heartbeat and all ok (she wasnt very sympathetic though and made me feel ridiculous). Had great movements since so feel much better today. Anyone had experience with this?

Countmyblessings Sat 23-Feb-13 21:14:31

Huge huge congrats to Mrs R and welcome to the world baby boy!
To everyone else hanging in there!!!!
Hello!!!!!
Elsa - it's good when in doubt to check it out( no concerns is silly)
Gary- whoop on wish list and big cheer to 15 weeks!!!!
I can't wait for March to hurry up and be here!!!!!!!
Can't imagine by the time "Mothers day" comes I will have a new baby in my arms!!!!!!! Eeeekkkkkkkk

nerual Mon 25-Feb-13 10:13:53

Morning, had my booking appt today, and lovely midwife got me another early scan (as my 12w one is a month away), so am going in tomorrow to EPU for them to take a look. Really pleased as although I haven't bled or had cramps for a couple of weeks now, anxiety levels still really high. Really didn't want to pay another 100 for a private scan, but probably would have if I couldn't get another EPU one!
Hope everyone else is doing ok and congrats MrsR on the baby!

elsabel Mon 25-Feb-13 11:15:25

Hi nerual Thats great you managed to get an early scan, best of luck hope it goes well tomorrow, then you can relax a bit.

Hope everyone else is ok and had a good weekend x

gemdrop84 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:31:04

ooh I've been lurking for a bit hoping to hear from you Mrsr, congratulations and best wishes to you and your little boy!

PurplePoppySeed Mon 25-Feb-13 20:57:48

Yey! Congratulations MrsR!

MrsReiver Tue 26-Feb-13 11:41:52

We are great, home at last. Just trying to work each other out now.

nerual Tue 26-Feb-13 14:11:30

had scan, all looking fine. gestation sac is the right shape now, baby measures 9.4weeks, area of bleed completely gone. so starting to feel a bit more relaxed now... just 4 weeks to wait till next scan!

elsabel Tue 26-Feb-13 16:56:52

Thats great nurual glad all is looking good.

PurplePoppySeed Tue 26-Feb-13 20:12:03

Brilliant news nerual, role on 12 weeks grin

ninjasquirrel Wed 27-Feb-13 11:34:46

That's great nerual.

I just went to the doctor's to register as pregnant (6 1/2 weeks now). Feels weird to be doing it all again just a few months after last time. Doctor was sympathetic and said she'd had a couple of miscarriages herself but I'm feeling more anxious now than I was before for some reason - just need to forget about it and get on with stuff...

Found out the other day that someone I know is pregnant, and due in June (when I would have been due) and I had one of those real 'that's not fair, should have been me too' moments. Completely irrational - for all I know she could have had miscarriages, been trying for ages after her first child. Anyway, we can't be rational all the time!

nerual Wed 27-Feb-13 12:47:49

I would also have been due in June....it is hard not to be sad about it, I know what you mean. I don't think its irrational, but part of the grieving process.sad

Hi nerual great news with scan we are around the same im 9 + 3 today smile

nerual Wed 27-Feb-13 16:06:51

Oh that is exciting Falcom!! Our due dates must be very similar, mine is now 28 Sept...

elsabel Wed 27-Feb-13 17:31:16

I remember thinking similar thoughts ninja, my sister was 2 weeks ahead of me when i was pg last year and had a mmc, so the whole way through i could see right before my eyes where i wouldve been at had i not lost mine. And i felt awful for feeling jealous and all the other thoughts that come with it (although i have now got a gorgeous 3month ol nephew/godson and its lovely). But i agree with neural its part of the grieving process and not easy to understand if you havent been there. Im now 26 weeks though and am still a nervous wreck most of the time but it does get easier as the weeks go on smile

My date is the 29th sep nerual i got pushed forwards from my scan i had, i thought i was 8 weeks turns out i was 8 + 5!

nerual Fri 01-Mar-13 16:37:04

Hi everyone, found out something interesting today if you are concerned about Downs but don't want an invasive amnio test, and if you are between 10 and 11 weeks and can get to the Fetal Medicine Centre in Harley street, then you can get a Harmony test for £180. The test is usually between £600 and £800, so a big saving. It is supposed to be almost as accurate as a diagnostic test. They are offerering it cheaply because they are doing some kind of data gathering thing, so you have to be between 10 and 11 weeks otherwise it is full price. You also get a nuchal scan 2 weeks later when you get your result.

nerual how are your symptoms have they lessened mine have still tired but not so sick im a bit worried even though MW said that it would lessen at this point confused

nerual Fri 01-Mar-13 18:41:18

not too bad, but I don't get a lot of nausea anyway.... the worst is on my way home, I have to tak the docklands light rail, which really does make me feel ill. I have also been feeling really tired and a bit dizzy recently, which worried me a bit, but seems its normal. hopefully will feel much better on a couple of weeks...

nerual Fri 01-Mar-13 18:41:20

not too bad, but I don't get a lot of nausea anyway.... the worst is on my way home, I have to tak the docklands light rail, which really does make me feel ill. I have also been feeling really tired and a bit dizzy recently, which worried me a bit, but seems its normal. hopefully will feel much better on a couple of weeks...

honey86 Fri 01-Mar-13 22:11:15

hii may i join!? im 5 weeks tomorrow.

long story short, i had an early mc about a year and a half ago... i was about 5.5 weeks at the time, had only found out i was preg few days before, and me and my partner at the time went our seperate ways, havent seen him since. gave it a long time to brave pregnancy again.

this will be #4, i have ds1, 7, ds2, 5, and dd, wholl turn 4 soon- from a former relationship (he died of sudden adult death).
got my bfp last week but been anxuous cos of awful af-stylee cramps today but so far <touch wood> no bleeding...

~sticky viibes~

xx

elsabel Fri 01-Mar-13 22:28:32

Of corse honey sorry to hear youve had a sad past, and congratulations on your bfp!

Have you been to see your doctor? Not saying you need to its just i went when i got my bfp and reassured me alot x

honey86 Sat 02-Mar-13 07:28:11

ive got an appt with gp, but he wont see me til mid march.. cramps have eased abit this morning and replaced with abit of pelvic ache...

think mc even a very early one makes u paranoid extra cautious..
thanks hun xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now