Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

pregnant after taking morning after pill?

(7 Posts)
Myliferocks Wed 05-Dec-12 12:15:26

Poas is pee/piss on a stick ie do a pregnancy test.

Myliferocks Wed 05-Dec-12 12:14:37

Sorry Rumncoke but I can't remember. It would have been 9 yrs ago this boxing day plus DC4 was only 4/5 mths old so my periods weren't back to normal iyswim.
Sorry!

rumncoke Wed 05-Dec-12 12:09:06

what is poas?

rumncoke Wed 05-Dec-12 12:08:28

i also took about 16 hours after condom split. can i ask you, myliferocks, did you have any early signs that it had not worked??

rotavirusrita Wed 05-Dec-12 12:06:55

you need to poas.

I have only needed to take the morning after pill twice.... 1st time i ended up with DS1, the second time I has a very early miscarriage.

although, saying that, lots of people take it and dont get pregnant!

Myliferocks Wed 05-Dec-12 12:02:07

I did with no 5.
The condom we were using split so I took the morning after pill within 24 hours and still ended up pregnant. I couldn't take the pill sooner as it was boxing day and the duty chemist which was 30 miles away didn't open when it should have been.
As a result I had to wait until the next morning to take it at a local chemist.

rumncoke Wed 05-Dec-12 11:55:56

anyone out there fallen after taking this? i have sore boobs, metalic taste and v tired. i am hoping for just bad coming on signs but cant help worry it hasnt worked. i have 2ds already and a 3rd isnt on my xmas wish list :-(. feeling really worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now