Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Very low - bit worries

(4 Posts)
AmIGoingMad Thu 06-Dec-12 14:46:40

Sorry you feel so down. I've been feeling the same for past few weeks. I'm nearly 11 wks with much wanted second baby and feel so down. Then I feel guilty for feeling down which makes me feel even worse. Off work at the moment as broke down in tears in docs- due to go back next week but the thought of it is really panicking me.

Flisspaps Wed 05-Dec-12 10:31:49

Speak to your MW. Could be tiredness/hormones, could be AN depression. Either way, don't just put up with it.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 10:27:49

Sorry to hear you're down. You need to see your midwife. Best to check there's nothing medical causing the fatigue/low mood (anaemia is common in pregnancy) and to talk about your support options.

philbee Wed 05-Dec-12 10:20:36

I'm 21 wks now. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been feeling very low a lot of the time. I've been weepy, very fed up and tired, feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have to do (although this really isn't any more than normal) and overwhelmed by other people asking me to make decisions or arrangements. I feel like every day I just want to get back in bed, and there is nothing that will lift me. This morning I was crying since just before leaving for work and waited around half an hour at the station trying to calm down before I got on the train. But I find the crying just comes back for hours and I can't shake it.

I don't know what to do about it. My DH just says I'm tired, but no matter how much I sleep it doesn't shift for long. I'm usually fairly relaxed and happy. The baby is really wanted, we have tried for ages and had a mc last year. I only work 3 days a week and my boss is understanding and lets me work from home. I don't have any massive stresses, although there is some family stuff happening which is a bit difficult, but I'm removed from that really. I haven't been able to exercise much because of PGP which i think adds to the low mood. I just don't know whether I should be worried or whether its just hormones / tiredness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now