Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feel guilty over pregnancy?!?

(3 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 12:32:58

I think its incredibly rude that they are making you feel guilty that you're regnant?

If you have evidence of their behaviour, I'd seriously consider getting together with the others you work with and put a complaint in. It's discrimination and it's unacceptable!
If you don't want to do that, I'd start thinking of responses to their comments like I'm sorry if my pregnancy is incovinient to you but unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about it now!.

plonko Wed 05-Dec-12 10:31:58

I'm appalled that you're being made to feel guilty for having a baby! I'd just try to keep my head down and do my job to the best of my ability. If the managers are being so pathetic about it that's their problem- in four months you get the privilege of having a baby to love whereas they just get to go to work, so I'd be nice as pie to everyone and rise above it.

Yes it's inconvenient for them but what use is moaning? If it gets much worse I'd quietly remind them that you've done nothing wrong. I wonder how they'd feel if one of the five of you suddenly experienced complications or pregnancy related illness, or god forbid loss. It's probably just a case of sour grapes but sometimes people should really keep their opinions to themselves.

NewMrsH Wed 05-Dec-12 09:59:51

Hello,

It's a weird feeling but I feel guilty about being pregnant!!

I'm 23+6 and due in March however on my team of 12 people there are 5 of us now due next year, I'm the 3rd one.

I feel bad because people in my department now talking about us in a derogatory manner and bitching about us, even the managers.

I know I shouldn't feel guilty as its the best thing that's ever happened to me and I wouldn't change it for the world but I do worry what people think of me.

How would you handle it??

Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now