Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

All Stages of Pregnancy - Share your symptoms, concerns and impatience here!

(41 Posts)
MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 04-Dec-12 16:09:20

Feel free to post anything from 4 weeks to 42 weeks or whenever the cut off point really HAS to be. This is my first child and am 22 weeks at the moment. Just interested to hear everyone elses experiences, how they are feeling, what weird and not so weird symptoms they are having etc.

She is due April 8th and everything is going great as far as I am concerned. I have an anterior placenta, but they think it's likely to move, so there should be no problems.

sits back and waits for company.

?Oh and have you settled on a name yet? I can't even BEGIN to think...

MyLittleAprilSunshine Wed 05-Dec-12 22:09:49

Probably not that far wrong, Bah it's always the way.

mrs Aww congratulations on your twin little girls. Sorry you have suffered, unfortunately I hear it all too often with multiples. Beautiful names by the way. It will help make the Winter a little bit brighter! I am glad things should be moving soon.

Tinky Congrats and although early, not too far from your first scan! smile

Sounds promising now, femme!

wandering That is good to know and I bet. She does move a lot more each and every day now, even with the anterior placenta. Midwife was rather shocked that I could feel her so well - I must just be really intuned with my body! But lets hope it's a girl then, if OH already likes Charlotte - it's a lovely name for a little girl!

sothern The bump from week 16 onwards began to grow pretty rapidly for me. From conception to week 17 I was wearing regular clothes and then WHAM maternity trousers are right on!

Is this your first baby, Brave? I was so worried that the baby wasn't there at all and the test I took was completely wrong when I went to my 12 week then they told me it was there, I came out as shellshocked as I was when I saw the POAS result! smile

TinkyPeet Thu 06-Dec-12 10:35:21

Thanks april! I got y scan letter the other day and its on the 27th of this month, which will make me 10+6! Thought that was a little early but hey go I'm not complaining!....but I did think they can't do nuchal scan till 12 weeks?
Xx

I'm 32 weeks with ds4 - all boys for me smile I am finding this pregnancy exhausting, ds3 is 17 months and a ball of energy, I just want to sleep. I'm due the 31st Jan, and really ought to start getting myself sorted. Just need to get Christmas out of the way first. I'm a single parent, which has both good and bad points. I have no idea about names - naming the first 3 boys was hard enough!

sundaesundae Thu 06-Dec-12 10:52:24

Tinky, if you are having the nuchal that is too early and they won't be able to do it, you should contact them and tell them what your date will be at that point so they can give you an appropriate date. If they need to re-book you after that scan you might miss the window for having it done depending when they can fit you in, so worth a call to check now.

wanderingalbatross Thu 06-Dec-12 11:01:14

dinosaurs I don't know how you can do it with 3 other kids!! I only have an 18mo DD (also a bundle of non-stop energy) but at least I can sneak in a nap with her most days smile Otherwise I'm in bed by 8pm!

BraveLilBear Thu 06-Dec-12 11:05:44

Yup April, this is my first. Trying really hard to be patient and positive, but had an early mc last cycle so it's not as easy as I'd like it to be. So far though, seeing the nausea/acid reflux as a good sign. Is it wrong to almost wish I was a little more sick?!

My older boys are at school so I am guilty of occassionally having a nap with ds3 too, and I go to bed at 7.30pm with the boys. I lime living life on the edge grin

Persuasion Thu 06-Dec-12 16:52:59

I'm 10+3 with my first. really just need to moan at the constant nausea. I'm not actually being sick, just feel constantly crap. Not helped by my parents (mom never had any MS) who ask me how I feel every day and are perpetually surprised that I still feel sick confused

Tinky I'm guessing you'll be due in July, get yourself over to the antenatal thread for more people to complain at and worry with! www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1625881-July-2013-part-2

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Thu 06-Dec-12 17:10:46

Im 35+5 with DC2, for medical reasons im being delivered at 37+6, so two weeks today i will be in hospital for my sliding scale overnight among other things!

Currently i'm fed up with twice daily injections, checking my blood 6 times a day, acid reflux, slight insomnia / restless nights, lack of energy, shortness of patience, and alternating guilt between DS and dc2!
Im also impatient and dont like DP or people in general at the moment!

I just want baby here where I can see him as I get really anxious about him
Being ok.

Ohh that was cathartic!

Pleasenomorepeppa Thu 06-Dec-12 17:47:25

I'm 36 weeks with DD2. We can't agree on names at all!
DD1 wants to call her Rosie Hermione Grainger!
I'm actually enjoying being pregnant & although I'm impatient to meet her, I sort of don't want it to end!
I'm just getting over a really nasty cold. It's awful when you can't dose yourself up, I've felt rubbish for days. Can swallow now though grin.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Thu 06-Dec-12 18:53:42

Tinky it's usually 12, but have heard of them being at 11 weeks. Perhaps they think you are later on than you thought?

Brave I know how you mean at the start I was so glad I felt sick. Even now, knowing I feel sick makes me happy, but also now I feel her moving about also makes me smile She's our first too so really relate to how you feel!

Strawberries Oh dear! My utmost sympathy to you with all of those nasty symptoms. Probably just as well don't have much longer to wait. At least it'll be worth it when the little bundle of joy comes.

Please I'm definately with you there this cold is a nightmare. Paracetamol for high temp and sudacreme on my nasty, crusty nose has been my only release.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Thu 06-Dec-12 19:04:24

Thanks April, on the subject of colds I have had my flu jab and still got a nasty one! They are a pain

Pleasenomorepeppa Thu 06-Dec-12 19:45:10

Strawberries If you can stomach it, bananas are good for acid reflux.
Apparently marshmallows are good for sore throats....

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Thu 06-Dec-12 20:54:35

Thanks please im on maalox which controls it well but managed to miss a day through being so busy abd have paid for it today

MyLittleAprilSunshine Thu 06-Dec-12 21:04:40

I had my flu jab too about 3 weeks ago but oh well.

I concur with bananas, one of my favourite foods at the moment. One that doesn't seem to make me feel sickly either.

wanderingalbatross Thu 06-Dec-12 21:17:04

I had the flu jab a couple of weeks ago with no problems, but this cold has really floored me sad struggled into work today for an important meeting, but I think I'll be staying in bed tomorrow! Hope everyone else with colds feels better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now