Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are your miracle heartburn cures?

(29 Posts)
cheeseandmushroomghostie Wed 28-Nov-12 10:35:05

In my last pregnancy, I chomped on remegel (chewy but chalky ones) to get rid of that nasty heartburn. Now it seems though you can't get it in the UK anymore without pay silly prices on eBay. So what else would you guys recommend. Currently 18 weeks and already suffering with it. Gaviscon doesn't help. Rennie works for about five minutes. Please let me know if there is a secret product out there that works......

rrreow Mon 03-Dec-12 11:47:44

You know you can get Gaviscon prescribed, so you wouldn't have to pay for it with your maternity exemption (at least this was the case when I was pregnant 2 years ago). I think you can ask your midwife to prescribe, otherwise GP.

Frijj milkshakes.

ghosteditor Wed 05-Dec-12 09:46:10

Omeprazole on prescription - my heartburn lasted until the day after DD was born and it's thoroughly miserable; you don't have to live with it all day everyday!

I second a teaspoon of bicarb mixed into a glass of water. Tastes like fish water but works immediately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now