Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP!!!!! Please read

(39 Posts)
lj123 Thu 22-Nov-12 18:50:05

Had period like cramps this morning and some spotting- unusual!
Got a test just curious and BFP!
Only worry is I'm not due my period for 8 days yet, why is this showing so early?
It was a very very dark positive 3rd urine of the day! X

Lj123, really sorry to hear about the loss of your 3 babies. How far along was you?

I lost my baby boy at 23 weeks on April 6th and a little squid August 16th this year :-(.

I know how hard it is, but you have to remember every pregnancy is different! Hard to believe really!!

Try and stay positive, and my fingers are crossed for you! X

lj123 Sun 25-Nov-12 11:32:38

Ok here is an update. Pregnancy discovered on Thursday due to spotting which I don't ever usually get before a period is due.
Turns out I had spotting Friday and Saturday too.
I did a clear blue digital again today to check with the little loss of blood I still had my hormones.
Result 2-3 weeks again, I havnt had any spotting today of any kind so fingers crossed!
My period is due 1/12/12 so I can only hope it doesn't arrive.

weeblueberry Sun 25-Nov-12 11:41:03

I really don't want to sound negative honey but even if something has happened you may still get a positive on a PT. The hormones can stay in your system for a while.

Again, I don't want this to seem like I'm being a downer but if you're able to get to your early pregnancy clinic at the hospital, please give them a call and see if they'll fit you in for a scan. It's scary knowing, but even more scary (and stressful) not knowing IMO...

lj123 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:20:29

The nearest EPU is only open mon- Friday and u have to be referred by your doctor.
The only other option is one place that takes an hour to get to but I don't drive at all!

lj123 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:21:53

Also if I'm 3weeks they won't see anything on a scan and the last thing I want is to have to stare at an empty screen again.
I have got doctors tomorrow, I can imagine itl be for blood tests.

hopeful92 Mon 26-Nov-12 09:15:24

Hows everything today? Really hope everything is ok, it sounds like youve really been through it sad my mum had 3 miscarriages beyween my brother and me, and then thought she was losing me as well due to all the bleeding but I was obviously a sticky bean smile keep us posted, I have everything crossed for you.

lj123 Mon 26-Nov-12 18:32:16

So went to the doctors this morning after being in agony all night with what felt like bladder infection, he confirmed pregnancy and told me I needed a scan today!
Got to the hospital was waiting a while only or them to say they won't do a scan as its too early on to see anything so just did a blood test and want me to have another Wednesday and Friday!

hopeful92 Tue 27-Nov-12 10:07:58

At least the docs are taking you seriously now! Hopefully you will get the scan soon and it will put your mind at ease. The bleeding and pain could be related to your kidneys? Have they sent a water sample off?

lj123 Thu 29-Nov-12 17:32:20

Ok icing in the cake!
I was in agony Tuesday night and told to go to A&E
Got there and my white blood cell count was 20! (Average is 10)
I ended up being taken down for emergency surgery due to suspected appendicitis or ectopic.
Turns out i had my tube removed due to my baby being at 7 weeks and stuck in my tube!
Disappointed to say the least but not just due to the situation
The first hospital refuse to scan me as my dates didn't add up even though I was in pain and I suspected my period wasn't a real period before!
What's my next move?
Xx

weeblueberry Thu 29-Nov-12 22:46:18

I'm a bit confused, sorry.

So the pregnancy was ectopic? And you had one of your tubes removed as a result?

I'm sorry to hear your news if I'm reading that right sad. What do you mean in terms of your next move?

lj123 Fri 30-Nov-12 12:51:51

Hi, sorry yea it was ectopic, I had my right tube removed.
I'm wanting to file a complaint with one of the hospitals I got sent to for a scan and they refused to do it then 12 hours later I was rushed to a different hospital to have surgery.
I don't know how to complain or what exactly to say. X

Countmyblessings Fri 30-Nov-12 12:59:14

Ij123 - firstly I'm so very sorry going through this is Hell!
I think you should deal with your loss first and then put in a complaint as your treatment was not good at all! You feel let down and hurt and its all taken its toil!
Be kind to yourself get support and when your strong enough to deal with it maybe see how others have put a complaint in!
All hospitals have a complaints department!
Hugs xxx

hopeful92 Fri 30-Nov-12 21:11:05

So sorry to hear about your ectopic. Stay strong x

lj123 Sat 01-Dec-12 14:48:49

Thank you guys for all your support and advice.
It's safe to say the extent of my loss hasn't yet sunk in, I'm due to speak to the doctor next week I can see this as my release.
Thanks again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now