Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Things to love about being pregnant

(39 Posts)
Cheffie100 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:42:20

I'm only 8 weeks but having a crappy time with ms (albeit today is lots better). In my slightly more chipper mood I am thinking about all the nice things about being pregnant. Please post any that you enjoy...a nice reminder to us all for tougher days.

1. Dreaming of Christmas 2013 with my very own family
2. My massive more pert boobs and cleavage
3. Cravings for fruit and veggies
4. Although its early days seeing the odd moment of Dh being excited
5. Being able to go straight to sleep
6. Having this secret which no one knows about

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 09:47:40

Lovely thread OP!

Mine are: gorgeous hair and nails. They've never been so lustrous!
- always having a topic of conversation with people - they've always got something to ask you about
- after TTC for nearly 3 years, sex for fun!
- Pull up trousers, just seems easier somehow
- not having to diet but (delightfully) my weight being stable. Choosing puddings and chocolate
- DH indulging my whims

PipIsOutNow Fri 30-Nov-12 18:32:24

Not having to think about contraception!!!

bonzo77 Fri 30-Nov-12 17:12:56

Another one, a slight stealth-boast, but still. I'm pretty average not pregnant: neither especially thin or fat, pretty or ugly, though definitely short. So no one makes comments about my appearance. But for the second time I have been lucky enough to "carry small" and gain little weight apart from the bump and boobs. So I do get lots of comments that I like to consider complements of how "neat" or "tiny" I am. blush

MollyMurphy Fri 30-Nov-12 16:27:34

Oooh and I agree - chosing a name - if you and your DH are not on different planets that is very fun.

MollyMurphy Fri 30-Nov-12 16:26:41

-I love rubbing and patting my bump (just being honest)

-I adore feeling baby kick and move.

-I like eating what I want and not worrying about looking fat.

-The excitement of a tiny little one on the way

Artemis206 Fri 30-Nov-12 16:20:54

My hair is shiny & my nails look better than they've ever done - no splitting or peeling.
Feeling kicks, wriggles and turns.
Having pud.

BonaDea Fri 30-Nov-12 13:39:03

No hangover after the Christmas party.

Being able to say yes to pudding without massive guilt is the best thing so far but I'm only 8/9 weeks so there's lots of other nice stuff to look forward to.

Countmyblessings Fri 30-Nov-12 13:07:28

Kitty - I made the "size 18 "comment as I have friends who have had problems conceiving because they needed to go on a healthy eating plan!as was too slim!
I think people assume you can get pregnant just like that and if ever had problems conceiving most would swap a BFP then a size 8 waist!!
That's all!!
Bring pregnant, being healthy is key!!!!

DangerMousey Fri 30-Nov-12 12:44:50

Agree with scuba...kitty I am not sure that the fact you "barely eat" is something to be celebrated/proud of when you're pregnant hmm

ScubaSarah Fri 30-Nov-12 07:07:31

Kitty, please make sure you eat enough and get all the nutrients you and your baby need! The 'baby weight' will fall right off if you're naturally slim and young.

kittyhello88 Fri 30-Nov-12 06:51:56

Didn't mean that to come out wrong just saying I'd never want to be that big. smile

kittyhello88 Fri 30-Nov-12 06:45:34

To the person who said wishing to be a size 18? I would not wish that on my worst enemy I'm hoping not to exceed S14 my whole pregnancy but I'm only 23 with a lean figure & barely eat. Mine would be - seeing your mans face when u see the scan for the first time. - Being spoilt rotten -yoga pants - sleeping alot - not having to account for things as much and relaxing!!!

weeblueberry Fri 23-Nov-12 13:25:47

1. Being told I'm starting to show. I know a lot of people get hmm over this but it really made me smile because it was meant in such a nice way and with genuine happiness. smile
2. No periods. Aaaah...
3. Looking at my partner and thinking 'I can't wait until the three of us are a proper wee family'.
4. My nails look AMAZING!
5. Feeling tiny wee movements this morning. Just teensy tiny but definitely not a gas feeling (I'm 16+2)
6. Coming off Weight Watchers
7. Seeing the baby on the sonographers screen. Literally never gets old.
8. Thinking of names
9. The feeling of sinking into bed after a long evening doing housework
10. Thinking about holding my baby for the first time after my only real life goal having been to be a mother. smile

hopeful92 Fri 23-Nov-12 12:35:12

Things I am enjoying so far (I'm 13+4) and looking forward to are:
1) My skin is "glowing" - everyone has said I look radiant
2) I don't feel as self conscious about my tummy, as I know soon it will be a bump
3) Seeing the baby at the scan is the most amazing feeling in the world
4) Knowing there is a life inside of me and being excited about meeting it
5) Thinking of posible names
6) Extra breaks at work when I'm further on hehe

SoYo Thu 22-Nov-12 19:20:59

the boobs...definitely the boobs....I've spent my entire life wondering what it would be like to have proper boobs and it's great!

For me:
My boyfriend patting my stomach and a happy look on his face when he say's thats not a jelly belly its a baby belly.
Wonderful feeling that in such a short space of time we've created a 3cm baby with all his major organs and now all he needs to do is grow.
Other people being genuinely happy and excited for us - didn't expect that

WhatsTheBuzz Thu 22-Nov-12 10:25:33

Maternity leave... And yes, no periods!

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 22-Nov-12 10:22:21

No periods for 9 months, and fairly normal ones for a year or so afterwards until the endo comes back.
Not having to hold my stomach in.

Countmyblessings Wed 21-Nov-12 22:33:41

1.The concerned looks I get from my manager when I pull a pain face and so she get someone to take most of my work load and insists I
Go to staff room to rest!!! Then sends me home early!!!
2. DH getting up in the middle of the night to get me a drink!
3. Being offered a seat on a full bus and not being offended!
4. Watching my ds face light up when he sees belly move and he says " mummy's baby move"
5. Not having to have a reassuring scan as getting loads of confirming kicks and punches that all is well with baby!!!
6. Being a Mum x
7. Thinking of all those women who would swap size 8 figure in a heartbeat For a size 18 if they was pregnant!

Cheffie100 Wed 21-Nov-12 22:21:46

Thanks all...you just made my day. Happy pg and here's to lots of good days

bonzo77 Wed 21-Nov-12 21:35:24

No periods. Not trying to get pg. no pmt.

TwitchyTail Wed 21-Nov-12 21:26:35

I love my bump grin

chubbychipmonk Wed 21-Nov-12 21:23:40

The fact that my husband has just gone out in the dark & cold to buy my a Wispa. . . And the fact that I ate it all (was duo pack!) without a single feeling if guilt!! smile

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Wed 21-Nov-12 21:20:53

Yes to no periods! packing 'the case' is also a fab part! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now