Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BMI and pregnant.

(27 Posts)
Marzipanface Wed 21-Nov-12 16:01:47

I am being an idiot I know. my BMI is 33 and I am currently 17 weeks pregnant. I've put on about 8 pounds. The midwives have been giving me a hard time about my weight since the beginning. I have to go to a special clinic and do a food diary which I am pretty annoyed about. Of course I will do it along with the GDD test but it still upsets me.

Prior to pregnancy I was on Prednisolone (steroid) which does make me put on weight and retain a huge amount of water.I was also on a diet to manage/stall weight gain. I have actually lost a bit of weight initially as am no longer taking meds whilst pregnant. I had a scan the other day which seemed uncomplicated and straightforward yet have noticed on my scan the sonographer has said on my notes that it was technically v diff due to my high BMI.

It has really made me feel low. I assume I can't diet whilst pregnant can I?

You can do slimming world whilst pregnant and defo whilst breast feeding as it is not a 'diet'.

I was prob s stone overweight with dd, put on 4 stone, went on holiday when she was 10 weeks 5 stone lighter and had to buy size 10 bikini as my 12'd were too big.

After ds I had only shifted a stone by thd time he was 12 weeks, had put on 3 abd z half stone so I joined SW. By thd time he was 6 months it had all gone plus another stone.

When I finished bf him in feb when he was 2 I turned to wine and put on z stone and a half blush by may so rejoined SW. Lost it and then fell pregnant. I relish cakes/chock/everything bad ANC unhealthy for me so at 20 weeks that stone and z half is back on grin.

It will come off again after though, combined with walking school/preschool with the pram every day and bf I am just enjoying it grin

Marzipanface Thu 22-Nov-12 14:15:10

Thank you for all the messages. You have made me feel better. My scan is organised at the same time as the healthy eating clinic to 'force' me to attend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now