Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headache, lightheaded, dizzy, spaced out

(30 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Tue 20-Nov-12 13:07:57

I'm 14 weeks and today this is how I feel, also a bit sick still (though I thought the morning sickness had started to pass!) does this all sound normal? I don't remember feeling like this last time...I did have a few dizzy spells standing on a commuter train but I'm not doing that this time round!

Thanks

kittyhello88 Fri 30-Nov-12 06:02:08

Then he can wait on me hand and foot...

LordOfThe5Rings Fri 30-Nov-12 16:11:15

If it continues, go to your GP. It's normally nothing serious, but it always helps to keep your mind at rest.

I got this at around 14 to 17 weeks and still get it on and off now, just not as much (21+4). It's most likely to be either anemia or low blood pressure. Low blood pressure is normal for pregnancy, but even still there is a certain level they don't want it lower than.

I wish you good luck and hope they ebb away. smile

newyearsday Mon 03-Dec-12 10:16:23

I had the same symptoms and it was low blood pressure. I'm now 27wks and feeling loads better (unless I bend down and then wooo dizzy!). I also take liquid iron cos it's brilliant when you're pregnant and breastfeeding, it's called Feroglobin and tastes really nice (and is easy on the digestive system).

Ameliac28 Mon 03-Dec-12 10:58:44

I felt very light headed and dizzy around that time and my MW said my blood pressure was low so it could be that!! she told me to just be careful when I stand up take everything slow and add a little salt to my dinner and not to eat low fat foods and that should help bring it up a little and it did. Hope you feel better soon x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 14:08:33

I had this in early pregnancy and my BP was really low. My MW said you need to drink twice as much as you usually do. If drinking more doesn't help, you need to get your iron levels checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now