Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in bum cheek.. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

(8 Posts)
strawberryswing Sun 18-Nov-12 21:53:35

i had this, so painful, was walking with a limp for the last few weeks as it went down the back of my leg too. Unfortunately mine only went after i'd given birth but was going to also suggest a hot water bottle which helped me for a few hours.

hope it doesnt get any worse for you!

Oodthunkit Sun 18-Nov-12 21:41:34

Sciatica?

PETRONELLAS Sun 18-Nov-12 21:38:59

I had that, it then started to go down back of leg. Physio friend recommended rubbing/pushing a golf or tennis ball into the area to release some of the 'spasm' (not sure that's actually the word they used). Did help me, as did hot water bottle. Hope it soon goes.

Bunnychan Sun 18-Nov-12 19:33:15

Aw thanks guys, glad I'm not going crazy- it does feel like I've been shot! I've been saying that all day lol x

plannedshock Sun 18-Nov-12 19:29:35

Sciatica-like you have been shot in the bottom! Get it from standing a lot or standing unevenly-leaning your weight on one hip

Zwitterion Sun 18-Nov-12 18:57:18

Sounds like pelvic girdle pain - your pelvis is adjusting to accommodate your growing uterus. I think anyway - I had this in both pregnancies from about 8 weeks.

Do tell your midwife though, and see a doctor if it gets too much. I was referred very quickly to a physio.

Whiteshoes Sun 18-Nov-12 18:55:07

Oh yes, I think so. I have stupidly forgotten the name of it, but I think it's a nerve thing. Mine actually got better by itself but I limped about for a bit with it.

Bunnychan Sun 18-Nov-12 18:47:49

As the title says, since yesterday, I've had a dull pain in my bum cheek. It feels muscular but I haven't done anything to injure it. Is this pg related? I'm 13+3 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now