Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36w can I use deep heat

(9 Posts)
Bellaboo123 Sat 17-Nov-12 18:00:43

Hi

36w 4 days really suffering with lower back pain which gets worse as the day goes on. Struggling to walk now! Can I use deep heat or volterol?

Hot baths help but not effective enough. Any other recommendations welcome.

Thanks!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 17-Nov-12 20:51:06

I don't think you can (I was looking at it last night). Have you tried a tens machine?

crunchingautumnleaves Sat 17-Nov-12 21:32:26

I swore by homeopathic remedies when I had really bad back pain & sciatica at this stage. See www.homeopathytoday.org/2008/12/backache-and-ligament-pain/ for more guidance.

DiagnosisUnknown Sat 17-Nov-12 21:46:40

No you can't. It contains ibruprofen so affects the baby's heart.

Bellaboo123 Sat 17-Nov-12 21:56:03

Thanks - tried tens tonight doesn't see to have done anything...will try homeopathic remedy tomorrow...thanks again!

beckslovestimmy Sat 17-Nov-12 22:57:13

I've been suffering with a lot of hip, back and thigh pain. I've been having a bath and using a hot water bottle. I find the hot water bottle effective as long as it's topped up regularly so it's hot. Could try heat pads or hot water bottle on top of the tens pads? All these have helped me with back pain.

crunchingautumnleaves Sun 18-Nov-12 03:01:06

Sorry just a quick note, don't know about hot water bottle but pretty sure you're not supposed to use heat pads in pregnancy. Also, DO NOT mix heat with the TENS machine.

Secondsop Sun 18-Nov-12 11:01:38

Check with your GP. When I had severe lower back pain at about 26 weeks my GP said deep heat was fine.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Sun 18-Nov-12 21:24:11

Deep heat is fine. Voltarol, ibuprofen or any other anti inflammatory ingredients are not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now