Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 weeks today - minimal symptoms - anyone else in same boat?

(14 Posts)
elmo1983 Sun 18-Nov-12 13:17:20

Thank you everyone!

Really excited about booking appointment now - apart from all the blood tests (yuk). Fingers crossed i will find out about scan etc will be really excited then.

Congratulations everyone - keep happy and healthy! smile

ConfusedKiwi Sat 17-Nov-12 20:42:20

Hi Elmo, I'm on my second pregnancy now but had virtually no symptoms with either. Slightly sore boobs with my first and felt a bit grotty but not really nauseated over xmas (when about 10 weeks) and nothing this time. Both times by the time I got to the scan I had pretty much convinced myself that I wasn't actually pregnant or that something was wrong but both times very healthy babies. I think some people are lucky not to get major symptoms - we obviously don't react to the hormone changes like others (as my mum was apparently the same with both my brother and I).

I hope the scan goes well and you get some good pics - my first the pictures were really unclear although the scan itself was excellent and they explained all the areas they were looking at.

kelsterdotcom Sat 17-Nov-12 20:21:08

Hi! I turned 10 weeks yesterday and although I've been utterly exhausted and had sore boobs, I've only had slight nausea and no actual sickness, so I'm in the same boat! I had my booking in appt at 8 weeks but have only just received my scan appt for 5th December (12+5). Hopefully shouldn't be too long for you smile

Have to admit, I'm bricking it until I actually get my scan and hit the 13 week mark - feel like I'm holding my breath constantly....

Fluffeh Sat 17-Nov-12 13:57:41

I had no symptoms from 10 weeks and was really scared going in to my dating scan (12+5) but saw my baby wiggling around and even standing on its head :D. I'm 17w now and my symptoms are back full on! This morning at a church Xmas fayre I almost threw up as I entered as it stank of bacon from the cafe.
I think symptoms do tend to wane at around 9 weeks so try not to worry too much smile.

Dandelion75 Sat 17-Nov-12 13:35:52

Hi elmo and congrats!
I had lots of symptoms until about 9 weeks and then they all eased off. Nothing to worry about though, and by 13 weeks they all came back with a vengeance! I'm 20 weeks now and still finding it hard to believe (until I notice my massive baby bump grin)
Although they call it a 12 week scan, they just have to get it done before about 14 weeks, so no guarantee you will get one before 12 weeks. Mine wasn't until 13+5. If you end up with a late one like me it means the agony of waiting longer, but it also means you can see a bit more on the scan and hopefully get a good pic.
Good luck x

Guntie Sat 17-Nov-12 13:28:54

Hi elmo1983 I am in the same boat. I have really bad text book symptoms until 9 weeks then magically they lifted. I am afraid I have had a MMC (god forbid) or something. I caved and order a doppler off ebay because I really dont want to have to wait three more weeks to find out if everything is ok.. It was 30 pounds off ebay and I am sitting here waiting for it to arrive right now...

Bunnychan Sat 17-Nov-12 12:26:47

I've been the same through my pregnancy- sore boobs, shattered and spotty. No ms but I felll out with mouthwash and feel yuck during a long car journey. I'm now 13 weeks and saw our little one last week :-) don't worry! I'm sure all is fine x

elmo1983 Sat 17-Nov-12 12:23:00

Thanks - Think i need to see it to believe it! have been so panicked about not telling people because its early on and risk of mc etc that i think i have taken the fun out of it a little bit. Looking forward to things being ok at scan (fingers crossed!) and being able to enjoy it a bit more!

slavetothehome Sat 17-Nov-12 12:19:52

i already have my next scan booked on 3rd dec and ill be 13 weeks then, once youve seen ur midwife they will give u a number to ring to book ur dating scan. i was exactly the same tho i didnt even believe i was pregnant and sometimes still dont tbh i thought it was just me!

elmo1983 Sat 17-Nov-12 12:12:15

Thank you both! Despite doing 4 tests i think i am denial that it has actually happened! (although i really want it!). Think i just want to know everything is ok.

How long after booking appointments do you usually get booked in for scan? will it be by 12 weeks - i.e. in next 2 weeks do you think?

thank you smile

slavetothehome Sat 17-Nov-12 12:06:43

hi im using my cousins account but im also 10 weeks and im the same only got sore boobs no other symptoms, ive had a scan early due to some complications but everythings fine. you havnt to worry trust me i dont even feel pregnant half the time tbh lol xx

Don't worry too much about lack of symptoms. I had very few symptoms with either of mine, never sick, no sore boobs. Now one is 5 and one is 4 months. smile good luck and congratulations.

elmo1983 Sat 17-Nov-12 11:59:51

Also be really nice to chat if anyone is in same area/same stages! thanks!

elmo1983 Sat 17-Nov-12 11:58:56

Hi all,

New here so hello!

I am 10 weeks today but having really minimal symptoms. Sore boobs have been constant and was absolutely shattered for a two weeks but that seems to have passed now - and that is it.

anyone else not having lots of symptoms? I don't want to worry but don't think i'm going to be able to feel excited about the pregnancy until i have my first scan.

I have my booking appointment on Monday - am in Bristol - how long after booking appointment am i likely to get scan?

thank you - ellx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now