Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Erm....I think I might be pregnant!

(208 Posts)
Pondlily Sat 17-Nov-12 01:51:10

My boobs have been really sore for about a week, so bad I've bought a three pack of those ugly bras, I've always had tenderness before a period, but only for a day or so, I've also noticed a strange taste in my mouth, not enough to think much about it, until now, I've just read an early sign is a metallic taste, and that's the taste, couldn't put my finger on it before.

Slight twinges like mild period pains and wind.

I still don't want to believe it, I'm 39, this will be my first if I really am, but reading that about the metallic taste kinda made a light come on.

Early pregnancy symptoms REALLY feel like a period coming.....That's rather confusing.

I don't have anyone to tell, my husband is sleeping.

Blimey!!!

shock confused smile

blush

MummyV18 Sat 17-Nov-12 04:46:01

They were my exact symptoms.

The two things that made me question myself were the very sore boobs (I wanted rid of my boobs lol) and I had fantom period feeling lol

I tested and was 2 weeks pregnant.

Good luck Hun grin

CountingSparrows Sat 17-Nov-12 05:11:06

Good luck... Hurry up husband!

Lougle Sat 17-Nov-12 05:20:34

How lovely :-)

Pondlily Sat 17-Nov-12 05:22:23

Not had any sleep, that's OK nothing doing tomorrow. I've taken to the spare room, so i can surf the net, hubby just got up to visit the little boy's room, he's far too unexcited :D Don't think he wants to believe it till heis sees the test but my body is pretty much telling me all i need to know.

Bless him <3

Good luck to people POAS tomorrow.

Good luck!

RPosieB Sat 17-Nov-12 06:17:18

I'm nearly 18 weeks and suffering from insomnia. Love mumsnet in the forsaken hours!
I truly hope your instincts are right! How exciting.
Keep us posted. Good luck!

winterland Sat 17-Nov-12 06:24:19

Keep us posted! Fingers crossed you get the result you want.

emeraldgirl1 Sat 17-Nov-12 06:28:32

OP your symptoms like many have already said are identical to what mine were (am now 22 weeks)! Sore sore boobs that were enlarged (so much so that a shop assistant told me the week before my period was due that I had 'big boobs' (I have always been an A cup. It was at that point that I really began to think something was up...)

Gross taste in mouth and (not sure if you have this?) heightened sense of smell, I could smell garlic everywhere.

Just like you I couldn't sleep the night of the day my period was due and woke at 5 just KNOWING. I waited til 6 to test because (even though pregnancy was planned and wanted!!) I just wanted a last bit of time to myself in my old life before everything changed forever if you see what I mean.

Am keeping everything crossed for you and good luck!!! Please let us know outcome smile x

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 17-Nov-12 06:30:11

Good luck, sounds positive though, I'm 5 weeks and have cramps in my tummy which I don't normally get but make me panic all the time!

dancinginthemoonlight Sat 17-Nov-12 06:31:16

Good luck OP shamelessly following

cat Sat 17-Nov-12 06:36:08

Come on OP! Your nearest big supermarket must open at 7?? Is DH dressed and ready to go???? grin

saffronwblue Sat 17-Nov-12 06:36:59

Good luck.

karatekimmi Sat 17-Nov-12 06:46:54

Don't you have a 24 hour supermarket?

My boobs were the first indication and were really sore, I cried at something ridiculous on the radio. These started playing in my head and at 6am on a Saturday morning went to 24 hour tesco and brought a test! My DS is currently peeing on his mat!!

Good luck!

leelteloo Sat 17-Nov-12 06:56:30

And don't rely on those tests that say they can work up to 4 days early. I was convinced I was pg and for 4th time so I knew the signs, too impatient and could not wait. Bought one did it 4 days before period due, negative. Did the other one 1 day before, negative. Went out and got drunk because was so disappointed. Week later still no period, had pound shop test in draw, positive. Just trying to feed the little man as I type this.
So excited for you: got everything crossed. Xx

PickledGerkin Sat 17-Nov-12 07:01:25

Come on, there must be somewhere open grin you must have a 24hour supermarket near you.

This is too exciting, I really hope you are pregnant.

SoulTrain Sat 17-Nov-12 07:03:40

What's happening? Are you at Big ASDA? This is too exciting

wooo how exciting, I really hope you are. Looking forward to hearing tomorrow smile

Pondlily Sat 17-Nov-12 07:04:59

He's more interested in his lie-in. Am in tears.

Pondlily Sat 17-Nov-12 07:06:56

Desperately trying not to smoke a cigarette , had no idea yesterday that i'd be stopping today. sad

iloveholidays Sat 17-Nov-12 07:08:09

Ah Pondilly. Have you tried waking him? Can you go yourself?

He's probably mentally shut it out as wont believe anything until he sees it...

Pondlily Sat 17-Nov-12 07:10:14

Not sad about smoking btw, sad (and shocked) that my husband could be so selfish at a time like this

iloveholidays Sat 17-Nov-12 07:10:15

Oh by the way, although I've not experienced it myself I've heard on mumsnet that some people have had false negatives with the digital ones. Personally I'd go for one which displays a line as sometimes it would be so faint it doesn't pick it up on the digital ones. Or get him to buy both smile

Pondlily Sat 17-Nov-12 07:11:32

I desperately need a wee, he needs to go, I'll just have to wait.

Northernexile Sat 17-Nov-12 07:12:08

Ooh good luck! I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now