Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Showing earlier with number 2?

(25 Posts)
wanderingalbatross Fri 16-Nov-12 21:11:33

Sure this has been done loads of times, but anyone showing earlier than they expected with #2?

I reckon i'm about 9 weeks pg and today I dug out my old maternity trousers! They were so much more comfy than my normal ones grin The trouble is that I never quite recovered my flat tummy after #1, and so it hasn't taken much for my trousers to get too tight again. Am slim everywhere else though, so feel like my belly is really obvious and everyone is going to guess before my scan which is 4 whole weeks away!

Rosiesharples Fri 16-Nov-12 23:19:27

Snap!! I'm 6 weeks and keep thinking this can't be right!!! Not quite digging out my Matty jeans but it won't be long ....everything else is getting tight! Xx

PeachTown Sat 17-Nov-12 08:53:59

Definitely. I had my maternity jeans on from about 9/10 weeks as I was feeling it. My bump is also much more obvious this tine round - stomach muscles obviously never recovered!

PeachTown Sat 17-Nov-12 08:55:58

Try wearing dark ling tops, a Cardigan/jacket and a scarf to distract people's eyes if you don't want to be outer yet.

PeachTown Sat 17-Nov-12 08:56:12

Outed!

cheeseandmushroomghostie Sat 17-Nov-12 08:56:27

Am 17 weeks and just about to get my maternity clothes out and wash them. Only because I have been wearing my 'fat' trousers for the last few weeks which are a size up from my normal size.....

Dynababy Sat 17-Nov-12 08:57:39

Same 9 weeks and wore normal jeans yesterday and had stomach ache... The relief when undone was unreal blush so.... Dug out maternity jeans and they are here to stay! Also will be shopping for bump bands this weekend! My stomach has given up!

Shenanagins Sat 17-Nov-12 08:58:06

Glad its not just me as i definitely have a bump and I'm only 8 weeks gone!

Dynababy Sat 17-Nov-12 08:59:42

Top tips peach I need to keep pregnancy on the QT at work .... adds to shopping list

Jojoba1986 Sat 17-Nov-12 09:00:46

At 6 weeks with #2 I went up a size from my normal jeans. I'm now 11 weeks & still just about squeezing into them when necessary! A week on Monday I have my scan & I can finally start wearing my maternity clothes & be comfortable!

bigkidsdidit Sat 17-Nov-12 09:02:26

Yup I'm 10 weeks and I think it's obvious. Didn't buy mat jeans till 22 weeks last time! But in the last 18 months I've had a big baby and a laparotomy so my stomach muscles are ruined grin

I'm wearing big scarves eery day at work to hide it

wanderingalbatross Sat 17-Nov-12 09:39:20

I am so glad it's not just me! With the first pg I looked a little chubbier at 11 weeks, then was into maternity clothes at 15 weeks. Didnt really start to show till 20ish weeks though. This time round there's definitely more of a bump.

Dillydollydaydream Sat 17-Nov-12 09:42:13

I'm 11/12 weeks and think I have an obvious bump. I'm wearing leggings and my usual jeans fastened with a hairband. I'm putting off buying maternity wear til after my scan - 12 whole days away!
I got rid of all my maternity stuff after dc3.

bigkidsdidit Sat 17-Nov-12 10:14:42

I AM NOT buying maternity clothes till the January sales.
I refuse! 6 or 7 weeks to go...

lilly40 Sat 17-Nov-12 10:54:33

I'm almost 12 weeks and my waist is 38 inches with a noticeable bump. Didn't show with my first this early. I'd advise anyone to buy maternity clothes on Ebay. I recently bought 41 items for £30. Guess its a personal choice though.

Dillydollydaydream Sat 17-Nov-12 11:15:51

I think I might buy some bump bands to cover up the DIY waistband expander! Will have a look on eBay, for the length of time they'll be worn it makes sense, then they can be resold after!

lilly40 Sat 17-Nov-12 13:47:10

I got some bump bands, but not quite sure what they do?lol

VolumeOfACone Sat 17-Nov-12 13:53:34

I'm 18 weeks and I'm sure had a bump much earlier this time. Still, I went out on Friday and nobody noticed, or if they did nobody asked.
(I'm not telling people for a while if I can get away with it.)

Dillydollydaydream Sat 17-Nov-12 13:57:17

I thought they were for covering up the gap between existing tops and trousers when your bump grows, also handy for covering up the hair bobble on DIY waistband extenders ;)

I've also known some people to use them to prevent flashing their tum while breastfeeding.

wanderingalbatross Sat 17-Nov-12 14:01:47

As you get a small bump, your normal tops will start to ride up nicely flashing your expanding belly and drawing attention to what you're trying to hide! Bump bands cover that bit up so it looks like you're just wearing a layer underneath. They don't work well with all tops though.

lilly40 Sat 17-Nov-12 14:11:06

Oh right, I now know what bump bands are for lol. I thought they supported your bump. I guess as I've got quite a lot of maternity clothes I won't have the need to use them. Might use them a bit later on when I start getting bigger though to support the bump. Can't wait to start feeling my little one kick smile

Rosiesharples Sat 17-Nov-12 14:31:33

Good tip lily! I just got a pair of next jeans and a jumper for a fiver! grin

wanderingalbatross Sun 18-Nov-12 12:16:59

I'm lurking on ebay looking for a maternity coat! I resent having to pay full price for a coat that'll do me about 3 months, but I don't think I'll make it all the way to March with my current coat sad

I was absolutely the same. But I'm 24 weeks now and it seems to have settled a bit - I think the stomach muscles just gave way earlier this time, but the bump is now about the same as it was in my first pregnancy.

I'm on number3, and have been in maternity trousers since 7 weeks. I wasn't expecting a bump that early. Dc2 wasn't showing until about 16wks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now