Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Dribbling in the night - you, not baby!

(20 Posts)

I did wonder what was going on with the dribbling!? I don't think I happened with DS1 but this time it's shocking!! Glad to know it'll stop :-)

Salukigirl Sat 17-Nov-12 16:52:42

Yep, I'm dribbling all night too!

HappyAsASandboy Sat 17-Nov-12 10:45:06

I dribbled too smile

And yes, it stops immediately after the birth - you can't dribble in your sleep when you don't get any sleep!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, the birth and the lovely <^sleepless^> early days smile

MB34 Sat 17-Nov-12 10:38:00

I don't think my hormones kicked in until about 6 weeks ago then! (I'm 40+4) I only started dribbling and going to the toilet more often at about 35 weeks! I also didn't have any itching until about 4 weeks ago.

I'm glad there's so many of us that have this - I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with my face in the nights!

Yeah, some of the hormones in your body that have done into overdrive also stimulate the saliva gland, so most pregnant women have an excess of saliva - however, my copy of WTEWYE says that it usually goes after the first 12 weeks.

Pregnancy is oh-so-glamorous ;)

iloveholidays Fri 16-Nov-12 21:52:55

I was dribbling loads, horrible. Had DD3 last Saturday and hadn't even thought about it but no dribbling since!! smile. I would have put it down to lack of sleep though sad

Tashymondo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:30:11

LOL my Name is Natasha and I'M a dribbler!! XxX.

I had my first pillow change of the day during my afternoon nap however it was my DFs pillow I duruled on.... Phew glad I got that. Off my chest lol.

On a serious note it is gross!!!

LadyMaryCrawley Fri 16-Nov-12 21:25:25

Yes!

Although, I've done it all my life blush, but it is definitely worse now (am 28+4) and am locked in a vicious cycle of sleep - dribble- wake up for a wee--- notice mouth is dry---- swig loads of water---sleep---dribble---wake up for wee... and so on.

Yes, I was absolutely dreadfully dribbly both times. I'm sure it's why I was also permanently dehydrated too.

shinyblackgrape Fri 16-Nov-12 21:09:09

DH is a dentist and sees it quite a lot - has to get the nurse to do suoer suction on some preggos! So we're not all weirdos! He only bothered to mention to me last week though grin.

I've been more worried about bleeding gums etc but not really suffered from that

Bellaboo123 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:02:17

Me too and it's getting worse - am now 36w 4 days!

shinyblackgrape Fri 16-Nov-12 20:59:26

I'm having to wash our pillow protectors every week. Used to just do it once a week. <Ming>

Glad it stops quickly though

CombustionEngine Fri 16-Nov-12 20:40:32

Me too in both mine! Absolutely loads of the stuff! I used to have to get a towel if I napped on the sofa!

whistlestopcafe Fri 16-Nov-12 20:39:59

Yes, yes it stopped immediately! smile

12ylnon Fri 16-Nov-12 20:29:10

Ahhh! Me too! I didn't even think it could be to do with the pregnancy, but come to think of it, it started about the same time. Glad it's not just me. I tend to lie with my head in my hand so i've been waking up with a hand full of dribble... Doh!

shinyblackgrape Fri 16-Nov-12 20:24:39

Yes! I'm 38 weeks and dribbling at night is terrible! I can literally wake up with bits of my hair stuck together (sorry - grim). It's been really bad weirdly later on for me - after 30 weeks.

Glad someone posted re this. I thought it was just me being minging!

Crumm24 Fri 16-Nov-12 19:55:45

Apparently increased saliva can be a symptom of pregnancy, particularly in the early days?
I get this (fortunately only occasionally, so may be to do with sleeping position) and it's a real pain! No advice, but sympathies!

MB34 Fri 16-Nov-12 19:55:08

Please tell me it stopped once your baby came?!

My pillows can take no more lol!

whistlestopcafe Fri 16-Nov-12 19:51:03

I had it in both pregnancies. Weird isn't it?

MB34 Fri 16-Nov-12 19:49:46

Someone mentioned on another thread that they've been drooling in the night.

I get this too and I mentioned it to my mw and friends with kids and no-one had heard of it as a pregnancy symptom.

I'm dribbling so much I've even have to change pillows in the middle of the night because of the wet patches lol! I never dribbled before I was pregnant!

Does anyone else have this symptom, or is it just the 2 of us!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now