Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dry mouth making me crazy

(9 Posts)
MB34 Fri 16-Nov-12 20:27:14

cheese I saw a program a while back and they did a study that showed that milk hydrates you better than water after exercise.

So, drinking milk may be more beneficial in this instance too, as you've found out!

cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 16-Nov-12 20:12:50

I get this too. Sounds crazy but I have notice when I drink a glass of milk before bed I don't seem to get it so much? Strange but true grinA

Mixxy Fri 16-Nov-12 20:09:43

I'm getting a humidifier for the nursery. Maybe I'll use it beforehand to see if it helps.

I was drooling in the first trimester, now at 27 weeks this. I hope it's not GD!

beckslovestimmy Fri 16-Nov-12 19:44:53

I had the drooling thing at the beginning of my pregnancy. I'll take the dry mouth over that anyday! I keep telling myself that water is good for me. Must admit my skin is pretty good at the mo too.

yep, dry mouth even though I'm drinking tonnes. i think some of it it cased by pregnancy and some by having put the central heating on!

Mummyof3tobe Fri 16-Nov-12 19:21:58

If it is any limited consolation I have the opposite problem and keeping waking up with a soggy pillow from drooling which is pretty unpleasant too!

YDdraigGoch Fri 16-Nov-12 18:12:05

You can buy a spray to alleviate the symptoms. Maybe also get it on prescription. Don't know the cause though.

beckslovestimmy Fri 16-Nov-12 18:10:57

I have the same, but it's all day, I drink loads but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I know I haven't got GD so it's not that, I'm just assuming I need more fluid now that I'm pregnant. Maybe someone else can explain it for us?????

Mixxy Fri 16-Nov-12 15:40:59

Is anybody else getting dry mouth at night? It's making me crazy! I drink water which makes my frequent bathroom trips even more frequent, bt my mouth s dry a few seconds later. What is causing this and ny helpful tips on how to combat it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now