Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MS getting worse in 2nd Tri!?

(8 Posts)
10storeylovesong Fri 16-Nov-12 18:29:14

I've been the same - although not actually been on medication. My midwife told me the average to start feeling better was 16-17 weeks. I'm 15+2 so hopefully not much longer!

Paradisefound Fri 16-Nov-12 17:29:03

Still on cyclazine at 18 weeks, have definitely improved in recent weeks, but still comes and goes in waves.
Urine infections, tiredness and stress can all make the sickness worse.

kalidasa Fri 16-Nov-12 17:18:37

pugoff people who have it badly do often seem to see a later improvement, more like 16-20 weeks rather than 12, don't give up hope yet! (I have to admit I am still throwing up at 38 weeks but I was in hospital a lot in the first months so a v. extreme case and even I did definitely have some improvement about half way through.)

I hope your's goes away soon...

That it can last the whole 9 months is so not what I wanted to hear!
Have just broken down at work (with exhaustion and nausea) and have been reassuring my boss that I'm sure in a fortnight (when I get to 12 weeks) I'll be better!

nannyl Fri 16-Nov-12 15:41:55

sorry

yes its just horrendous and so much worse with a baby to look after too (thankfully my mum is staying to help)

"Looking forward to a meal" lol....... i havent eaten a meal for 3 weeks now!!!!!!

have a look for the HG support thread.... its really helpful and you will get lots of advice from people who know just how extreamly hard it is.

pugoff Fri 16-Nov-12 15:36:39

Thanks Nannyl, thats what I'm dreading!

I hope the tablets start working for you so you avoid hospital.

I just hate how I feel about food, trying to manage the situation all the time and dreading eating every day. I feel like I can barely remember what it was like to look forward to a nice meal and eat it, with no worries.

nannyl Fri 16-Nov-12 12:01:08

everyone is different but i remained on cyclizine for the whole 9 months of last pregnancy and still vomitted all the time

9 weeks now and very very sick again, been in cyclizine for 3 weeks and onlt just keeping out of hospital

pugoff Fri 16-Nov-12 11:53:04

I've had a bit of a rough time with MS, and ended up on cyclizine at 9 weeks due to the sickness and nausea getting worse and worse. This was great, I stopped being sick and although I got nauseous again when hungry, I think I experienced more of a normal low level 'morning sickness' that other people had. I thought it would get better, but at nearly 16 weeks it seems to have taken a turn for the worse again. I'm now feeling really sick nearly all the time again and very close to vomitting. Other than feeling sorry for myself and whinging - I'm posting to ask are they others out there that had this and it did actually improve eventually - maybe 20 weeks is the magic time? Or am I likely to be suffering for the whole 9 months if I'm still like this now?

People keep telling me it will get better when I'm 12 weeks, and I'm like - that was a month ago!! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now