Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Having a boy would be awesome having a girl would be awesome but the thought scares me!???

(5 Posts)
milkyjo Fri 16-Nov-12 11:04:05

You've posted the same thread twice, or mumsnet is going crazy. I have replied on the other thread x

ReallyTired Fri 16-Nov-12 11:02:43

I'm sorry for the loss of your son.

Even if you had another little boy he would not be a replacement for your first son.

Feelings are just feelings and it doesn't make you a bad person for feeling anxious about having a girl. If its any consolation a chinese gender calender is only 50% accurate.

dinkystinky Fri 16-Nov-12 11:01:15

I think the loss of your beautiful boy would make you anxious either way, OP. As Hippolyta20 said, try not to overthink your reaction - and wait till your 20 week scan to find out for real what you're having. DH and I were convinced DC1 was a girl - turned out at the 20 week scan he was a boy and I had a distinctly disappointed reaction. However, nearly 7 years later and I wouldnt change him (or his little brother) for the world. Its natural to feel disappointed when pre-conceived ideas turn out to be incorrect - but you really do get over it.

Hippolyta20 Fri 16-Nov-12 10:55:41

I know this is easier said than done but I would try really hard not to overthink how you reacted.

You had a huge trauma last year and I am so sorry for you. It probably hightens all your feelings at what is already a very emotional time.

My husband wants a boy more right now (18 weeks) so a part of me is nervous of finding out the sex. However deep down I know that whatever we have he will love and care for once it is born and I am sure your DF will be the same.

You are in no way a bad person for feeling unsure about the sex. I'm sure you really will both be happy with a healthy baby. smile

Tashymondo Fri 16-Nov-12 10:27:10

Hey,

So this is my second pregnancy after losing my son last year. Today I decided to use a Chinese gender calendar and it said I was was gonna have a girl. My initial reaction was oh, not yey oh.

Since the loss of Zain last year all my DF and I wanted was a healthy baby that is so all we still want yet when I used the gender calendar I was like oh and the felt worried.

When I told my DF he turned and said away never mind??? Why was just his our reaction?? Are we bad people? A little girl would be awesome!! As long as it was healthy any securities will do!!

So why am I anxious at the thought of having a girl??

Eek!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now