Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

EWCM at 20 weeks pregnant?

(7 Posts)
JessieEssex Fri 16-Nov-12 09:20:46

I've had lots of thick clear jelly-like EWCM this morning (am 20+5). Have been having lots of creamy discharge as normal but this is very different...
Is this normal? Does it mean anything in particular? Bit worried...

Cluffyfunt Fri 16-Nov-12 09:36:49

I always had this when I was pg.

I started using liners.

I think it's only a concern if the discharge smells unpleasant or if there is blood in it.

Do you think you have thrush?
Thrush can be common in pregnancy.

JessieEssex Fri 16-Nov-12 09:38:50

Thanks cluffy it's just the thickness that concerned me - was yours like jelly? No thrush - I have no soreness at all. No blood, no smell.

Mama1980 Fri 16-Nov-12 09:43:33

Hi jessie, from memory I had this in my first pregnancy. I got checked out and they said not to worry unless it smelt (sorry tmi) or it had blood, as that could be a sign of infection. Call your midwife if your at all worried though. smile

JessieEssex Fri 16-Nov-12 09:47:39

thanks mama! (have posted in antenatal as well...)

Cluffyfunt Fri 16-Nov-12 10:46:01

Yep mine was a bit like jelly sometimes and I did worry it was part of the mucus plug <ewwwwww!> but it was fine smile

JessieEssex Fri 16-Nov-12 11:22:20

Ewwww indeed, but very reassuring, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now