Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Benefiber anyone?!

(7 Posts)
AmIGoingMad Thu 15-Nov-12 19:10:39

Hello all!
Just wondering if anyone's been told by their doc/ midwife that benefiber is ok to take in pregnancy?
I'm around 8 wks and having big probs in the constipation dept largely due to constant nausea and therefor poor diet. I'm also wondering if pregnacare vitamins are contributing!
I'm taking fybogel at the moment but its awful and the gagging is not too good when you finally manage to keep a meal down! After ds1 the health visitor recommended benefiber which I found great- just wondering if its ok for pregnancy too?
Awaiting your words of wisdom! ��

LittlemissChristmas Fri 16-Nov-12 07:38:35

Bumping for you OP as I'm also interested in this answer

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 16-Nov-12 14:13:57

I found this info on the boots website which says do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding, although I would double check with your doctor/midwife as I can't imagine why it would do any harm.

AmIGoingMad Fri 16-Nov-12 19:03:01

Managed to speak to my doctor on the phone today and he said its fine for taking in pregnancy- on the bottle itself it just says to consult doc before taking if you're pregnant. Seeing that on the boots website concerns me a bit but my doctor is usually very good and the HV said last time that he's the most knowledgable she's worked with so I'm going to go with what he said! smile

floatyjosmum Sat 17-Nov-12 10:57:24

I've had it and had no problems I tried loads of stuff including g fybogel - never realised how bad it was!

I've now taken shares out in orange juice which seems to be working and tastes better!

AmIGoingMad Sat 17-Nov-12 14:10:23

Actually managed to keep down bran flakes this morning- big woo hoo! And I know what you mean about orange juice! Added some benefiber to it so fingers crossed! smile

floatyjosmum Sat 17-Nov-12 17:11:59

when i managed to get everything moving again i started watering it down with lemonade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now