Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks pregnant and unsure if i'm in labour??

(21 Posts)
hann94 Thu 15-Nov-12 18:11:10

Hi, my due date is in 4 days. i've been very nauseous and 'going to the toilet'alot more. also, i've got really bad lower back pains and period like pains and bad headaches. help!

chaosandcupcakes Thu 15-Nov-12 18:15:28

Not sure about the nausea but early labour for me did start with period pain and back pain. Is it coming and going?

Sounds like it could be the beginnings of labor. Make sure to stay really hydrated to help avoid dehydration (which can cause the headaches and cramping). Take a warm bath, take a nap, and eat, eat, eat during this early labor part. Good luck!

shinyblackgrape Thu 15-Nov-12 18:22:41

Oooooh exciting! I have no clue as awaiting birth of DC1. But hoping this turns in to a live birth thread. I luffs them!

VioletStar Thu 15-Nov-12 18:24:40

Probably: both mine started with lower back and period like pains. Good luck and echoing bringonthetrumpets EAT!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 15-Nov-12 18:28:40

Get a bath
Get some paracetamol
Go to bed

If you're in labour, it's the end of the day and labour can last a long time (36 hrs with ds2)

If its not labour, it will just be your body getting ready. And tomorrow you'll feel normal again.

hann94 Thu 15-Nov-12 18:28:41

Yes they have been coming and going since yesterday, so do you think its worth going to the hospital?

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 15-Nov-12 18:29:11

Oh-and good luck grin

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 15-Nov-12 18:30:03

No don't go to the hospital.

May just be braxton hicks.

Does your stomach go hard when you get a period type pain?

hann94 Thu 15-Nov-12 18:30:28

Thanks! Hopefully this is it as im so fed up of pregnancy now

hann94 Thu 15-Nov-12 18:31:41

Yes

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 15-Nov-12 18:34:35

Every labour is different.

If it would put your mind at ease, give the birthing centre (delivery suite) a call and see what they suggest.

I suspect it's either bh or early labour. Either way, you'll feel better after some food, bath, paracetamol and sleep.

I had our ds3 last Friday and I promise there's no mistaking when you're in labour. It's just the latent phase (early) which can last a long time.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 15-Nov-12 21:43:50

How's things op?

hann94 Thu 15-Nov-12 22:09:11

Getting a bit closer together think my waters broke but im not sure cause i was in the bath lol

VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Thu 15-Nov-12 22:37:40

If you think your waters have broken put a pad on and check to see if its wet. If it is they probably have thanks

Still try to get some sleep and at least rest as much as you can. You will continuously leak fluid through labor, so you'll be able to tell once you get out.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 16-Nov-12 16:22:22

How are you today op?

hann94 Sat 17-Nov-12 12:12:19

Hiya, pains seem to have just gone and docs said waters hadnt broke so just a false alarm for now. hopefully will be soon! I have had the show

droves Sat 17-Nov-12 12:19:40

Hanna midwife told me I wasn't in labour yet ...( was actually in hospital waiting for induction ,hadn't had gel stuff yet ) ...my oldest son was born less than an hour later ! .

Pains were there , but seemed to disappear then came back after about 30 mins.

good luck grin

Good luck, I'm 3 days over now and willing every twinge to be the start of everything!! grin

Bunnychan Sat 17-Nov-12 12:30:52

Good luck to you! Hope all goes well! :-) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now