Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A sweep yesterday and NO obvious progress? Does that mean...

(17 Posts)
mameulah Wed 14-Nov-12 06:12:35

...it didn't work? I feel so NORMAL!!!

twolittlebundles Wed 14-Nov-12 06:23:42

IME sweeps only work if labour is imminent- and that can change from day to day.

are you term?

ZuleikaD Wed 14-Nov-12 06:34:52

If you've had nothing by now then no, it probably didn't do anything. What did the MW say about your cervix?

mameulah Wed 14-Nov-12 07:40:50

Today 14.11.12 is my official due date according to the NHS. We have had two private scans, the first one said that our due date was 18.11.12 the second one (at 32 weeks) said our due date was 11.11.12.

I think the midwife said my cervix was still quite far back? And that I am 1cm dialated.

twolittlebundles Wed 14-Nov-12 07:51:11

if this is dc1, I'd be expecting you to go over dates- whichever you are going with!

Babies come when they're ready... (don't hit me, but) it sounds as though you've got a couple of days' wait if the cervix is still quite far back & you are at due date.

1cm is great though smile if can, keep moving and make some major plans- that seems to get babies out fast!

ThwartedbyMum Wed 14-Nov-12 07:52:03

It took 3 sweeps for me to go into labour, by then I was 10 days overdue! See if you can have another one in a couple of days time.

mameulah Wed 14-Nov-12 08:00:06

I apprecaite your advice everyone, thank you. If the baby isn't here by Tuesday I will get another sweep then and also get booked in to be induced. Next week seems like hundreds of years away.

twolittlebundles Thanks for the optimism about 1cm, it seems remarkably unimpressive to me!

Twotumsellie Wed 14-Nov-12 08:33:44

I had my second sweep yesterday at 40+3 and nothing. They have booked an induction for 22nd but I have no appointment with anyone now until then. My first one was last Friday and ut dislodged my plug but other than that I also feel completely normal and no signs at all that this baby is coming soon. I feel your pain mameulah

PrincessSymbian Wed 14-Nov-12 08:36:57

Get some evening primrose oil capsules, poke a hole on three in the morning and three in the evening and put them inside you. They contain prostaglandins which help your cervix to ripen. Much more efficient than using ejeculate.

Twotumsellie Wed 14-Nov-12 08:40:07

I used one of the 1000 mg ones yesterday but nothing. Do I need more than one then? Willing to try anything now x

Twotumsellie Wed 14-Nov-12 08:40:40

And is it safe as I think I have lost my plug?

PrincessSymbian Wed 14-Nov-12 08:50:48

I used to do three in the morning and three on the evening, it's fine without your plug, it is if your waters go that you should refrain from putting anything up there.

mameulah Wed 14-Nov-12 11:54:56

Really? Evening primrose oil? I am going to get some!

Twotumsellie hang in there! 40 +3, you must be getting close now!

twolittlebundles Wed 14-Nov-12 18:36:17

mameula I think of it as already having done 1/10th of the work without thinking about it... 1cm is excellent.

Hoping that the next few days brings some babies for those who are waiting.

I've had three so far and im 6 days overdue... (wow thats alot when you look at it like that), hopefully todays one worked! smile

mameulah Wed 14-Nov-12 19:02:44

twolittlebundles I guess I never thought of it like that. Hope the last 1/10th of the work is as easy as the first 1/10th! Have you had any progress? I feel slightly pre menstrual but apart from that nothing, NOTHING new to report.

twolittlebundles Fri 16-Nov-12 18:58:11

any news anyone? Hope you are all progressing nicely or have snuggly new babies in arms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now