Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant with no. 3 / 4 / 5..?! Thread #2

(395 Posts)
LimeLeafLizard Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:16

If you're pregnant with your third / fourth / fifth DC, come and chat.

This probably should be in antenatal clubs now (?) but I wanted to post this in the same place as the old thread so we can all find it!

Here is the old thread

5kidsnobump Fri 07-Dec-12 13:09:12

lime I'm just sick of stuff literally everywhere! I think if all the toys/ clothes were actually put away, there wouldn't be enough space for it all to be away at the same time! Now worrying about where on earth all the things the DC's get for xmas are going to live afterwards confused

Think I need to be much more ruthless!

Hey all

hope cod is off having baby now, a show sounds promising.

5kids i know what you mean about the accumulated 'stuff'. It drives me mad and I'm constantly trying to find ways of getting it all out of the way but can't throw everything out as that's such a waste when you have younger dcs you can pass them to. I do try to get rid of things whilst the kids are at school so it doesn't get too much!

I'm also a bit hmm about all the stuff they'll get for Xmas and it's ds2 birthday on Xmas eve!

OodKingWenceslas Fri 07-Dec-12 20:29:50

Good luck COD

5kids good luck on the decluttering, our loft is full of stuff for dc4 if a girl & dd2/3 to grow into.
Dd1/2 pretty good at small stuff now but am scared by dd3s Xmas pile

CODwidow Sat 08-Dec-12 08:56:31

Still no baby!

O cod was really hoping baby cod was putting in an appearance. Sounds like it will be soon tho, sending labour vibes your way!

Ood i haven't even finished my shopping yet. Ds2 has masses which i will split between Xmas pressies and birthday pressies. Am not so used to girls and dd has hardly anything yet sad so that's my job this week!

On a plus note my ear finally 'popped' last night and I can hear again - yay! Never went to dr as am crap at sorting these things out! It's really wierd to be able to hear tho...

Countmyblessings Mon 10-Dec-12 03:45:25

Oh COD - I do hope something positive is happening and this baby will appear soon!
I'm up have this baby dancing on my bladder!!!!!

CODwidow Mon 10-Dec-12 09:17:41

Hey baby Keira-Jayne born 8/12/12 at 15:53 weighing 9lb 2oz gringrin

OodKingWenceslas Mon 10-Dec-12 09:22:19

Congratulations COD

Yay congratulations cod! stalker alert.. I actually knew that as I've been stalking the December thread and trying to imagine when the jan thread gets to your point next month! Am so fed up of being pg now just need to remind myself that once December is over baby can come safely! grin

Ps wow good weight! Well done you x

cherrypiew3 Mon 10-Dec-12 11:44:08

Congratulations COD

Apples glad the ear is getting better.

5kids how are you doing?

Well today is my due date and I am no longer coping keep crying really wanted this to be over. 2 failed sweeps and one booked for tomorrow feel like this will never happen which is stupid cause I know full well it will. Just sick of the waiting. Sorry for the moan.

<waves to everyone else hope you are all well>

Countmyblessings Mon 10-Dec-12 12:00:56

Congrats to you COD - lovely name!!!
Apple - I hear that not too long for you, wish I could fast forwards to March!
Cherry - soon very soon you also will be having baby cuddles and looking at your baby!!!

cherry you are so nearly there! Sending positive labour vibes your way! It's crap all this waiting around for it to be over. I already feel like that and I still have 6 weeks to go!

LimeLeafLizard Mon 10-Dec-12 13:00:00

Ah Cherry I've been there - no sign of baby on my due date and it is so frustrating... hope it happens soon.

COD wonderful news, congratulations!

Apple great news that your ear finally popped - must be a relief. Or maybe after a few days of hearing the kids in full volume again you'll be buying ear plugs?!

5kidsnobump Mon 10-Dec-12 13:28:26

Yay! - congratulations COD. Come back and tell us all the birth details when you get time! (Love a good birth story grin)

Well another trip to the GP's today (feel like I live there at the moment!). They were meant to be deciding if I could stop more of the meds, but BP back up so now have to increase the dose - when I was hoping to decrease it. Bah - I give up!

Harry seems to have picked up and is back up to 3oz feeds again, so hopefully he will have a decent weight gain when he gets weighed on Weds.

Cherry I can't imagine how fed up you are - my latest baby was 39 weeks and that felt like I had been pregnant forever, so you have my sympathies sad

Decluttering not going well - did our bedroom about 5 days ago and have not got any further since. Maybe I just have to accept the house will be unorganised...probably for the next 5 years until all the DC's are at school grin

icequeenkate Mon 10-Dec-12 14:00:48

Congrats COD! grin

34wks and counting....

cherry 3rd sweep performed on due date worked combined with blush TMI alert blush several deposits from DH wink - DS3 arrived the very next day. Good luck!

LimeLeafLizard Mon 10-Dec-12 16:27:14

icequeenkate yes, I found a sweep worked when it was followed by sex blush! It was the last thing I felt like doing, but anything to get an overdue baby out..! Over to you, cherry (and Cherry's DP!)

LimeLeafLizard Mon 10-Dec-12 16:29:46

Oh and 5kids, sorry to hear your bp is up again... how frustrating. I think you're doing well to have managed any decluttering at all considering recent birth of DC5, your bp issues followed by sick bug - you deserve congratulations!

CODwidow Mon 10-Dec-12 18:11:45

My sweep with dc4 worked followed by sex also blush

cherrypiew3 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:42:12

5kids I would not worry to much about the decluttering you have had loads to cope with since lo came.

Well was going to take all your advice went for sweep and fully intended to jump on dh when I came back grin. However we had to rush straight out to school dh now at work sad so that's the end of that. Not holding my breath that the sweep will work so will be back at the hospital for scan on Thursday.

Hope everyone is well.

CODwidow Thu 13-Dec-12 20:52:49

How are you 5kids?

I'm beginning to feel totally overwhelmed with the fact that I have to actually do this by myself next week, it's only a week of school run but still no idea how I'll do it!

LimeLeafLizard Thu 13-Dec-12 21:41:26

Hello all,

Cherry how are things? Hope you'll be back with some good news soon. Or if you are still waiting, how did your scan go?

COD hope you are doing ok too... how are your boys taking to having a sister?! I can imagine how you feel about the school run... I am beginning to wonder how I'm going to do it and I still have another 8 weeks to go!

I am feeling a big crappy - stinking cold, knackered the whole time, far too many things to do / remember before Christmas. Plus this evening I have spent the last hour in tears because one of my loveliest friends has just had some bad news about her 12 week scan. It is just so sad. I want to be there for her but appreciate she might not want to talk to me atm since I am still pg. Life is so unfair sometimes.

CODwidow Thu 13-Dec-12 22:24:34

The boys are in awe of her and so pleased. I'm very teary today, feeling very lonely not sure why as dh has been here all week but just hormones I guess. Also feeling bad as the delivery was so quick and intense at the end and I was puffing away on g&a I can't really remember her first being born and for some reason I feel really guilty about that sadsad

LimeLeafLizard Thu 13-Dec-12 22:59:23

That is lovely that the boys are pleased to have her! I'm sure the way you are feeling is completely normal and due to hormones.
Sounds like you need a bit of time and space to come to terms with her birth. Was your DH with you and can he talk it through with you? There are some parts of all my labours that I have just forgotten and I have kind of taken DH's memories as my own! Sleep tight tonight.

5kidsnobump Fri 14-Dec-12 10:53:49

Still here COD! I actually did the school run on my own this morning as DH was sorting out all the rubbish that has built up in the garage. Was ok, apart from DS1 managed to stand in dog Sh*t on the way to school, and then stood on my shoe straight afterwards, so ended up at school with that all over the place confused. Apart from that we all got there and back in one piece, so hopefully will manage next week when DH is finally back at work! (I can't believe he has been off for 7 weeks now!). We are going to have to be mega organised in the morning. At least there is one week of school runs, and then mine are off for 2 weeks xmas hols, when we can slob about in PJ's and not worry about rushing around in the morning grin

My birth was also pretty quick once we got to the hospital COD. I was also not really with it for the actual birth bit (also only had G & A). I didn't actually notice that the babys heartbeat had gone through the floor, and the midwife had pressed the emergency alarm & loads of people came rushing in! DH pointed that out afterwards - fortunately Harry was born straight away so no need for any more panicing, but now I look back at it, I can't believe I wasn't really that aware of what was happening at the time hmm

Oh no Lime that must be hard for you. Hope your friend is ok. I think it's hard to know what to say in those situations sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now