Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant with no. 3 / 4 / 5..?! Thread #2

(395 Posts)
LimeLeafLizard Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:16

If you're pregnant with your third / fourth / fifth DC, come and chat.

This probably should be in antenatal clubs now (?) but I wanted to post this in the same place as the old thread so we can all find it!

Here is the old thread

LimeLeafLizard Wed 30-Jan-13 16:41:53

Thanks for asking I am much better and apart from a persistant cough and runny nose you'd hardly know just how ill I was last week. It helped that MIL came over for a few days to help with the house and kids so DH could get back to work.

Now I am back to hoping that the baby comes soon! I have a sweep booked for tomorrow so we'll see how that goes... I have all the usual niggles (braxton hicks, period pains, pressure low down, etc) but I'm trying not to get too optimistic as I might have a couple of weeks left to wait!

cherry that sounds tiring, and quite a few on this thread seem to be juggling sleep deprivation at the moment! Hope she starts settling earlier soon. If your DH isn't there at night anyway I can imagine co-sleeping might be easier.

Sam, hope you're ok

<waves to everyone else>

Cravingtomatoes Wed 30-Jan-13 19:08:41

Cherry sorry to hear you've been having difficult nights too. DS stays up with me till I go to bed. Then co-sleeps and it is MUCH better. Last night he woke at 3am then 6am which felt much more normal (before he was literally awake the whole night until 5am then went to sleep just before the other 3 woke up. It was exhausting).) DH is sleeping in spare room as I was a bit paranoid with DS being prem and the HV warning me not to co-sleep as he was prem. But I think the risks are low (never smoked etc).. So we all feel better having more sleep! Definitely worth a go especially if your DH works nights. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight - let us know how it goes.

Lime good you're feeling better and good luck with your sweep - hope to hear news of Baby Lizard very soon smile.

Hope everyone else is doing well - Ood and Sam hope you're both coping with the SPD.

Countmyblessings Thu 31-Jan-13 23:22:48

Ood- how are you coping with your spd on a day to day basis? Was forced to give up work on Monday as went work and was in so much pain I was in tears!!!! So unofficially on sick leave until next week then mat leave starts!!!! DH went out tonight and bought me a small stool so I can step into bed,bath with screaming in pain!!! Turning over and getting up at night to go loo is my worsed right now!
Is there anywhere that I can trade in this body to get a better one, spd has made this pregnancy not as enjoyable as my passed 3 which is sad as I do love being pregnant!!!!

ShellyBobbs Sun 03-Feb-13 11:52:29

Not been on here for ages!

Tommy is now 3 months old and he has just slotted right into family life. He's slept in bed with us from day 1, as did the other 3. He sleeps on my chest as this is his preferred place, we have bought a cot but i'm in no hurry to put it up as i'll really miss him (even though he'll be right at the side of me grin).

SPD is a bitch! Hugs to everyone suffering from it.

Oodsigma Sun 03-Feb-13 12:08:50

Count- crutches, wheelchair , my mum comes when dh is at work to help with tea. I can manage bed time with older dds to help. I can stand enough on my own for a shower but lean a lot, not tried a bath. I was signed off at the start of Dec and officially start may leave on 18/2 as I stayed sick until last minute (36weeks). It's getting out that's a problem as I usually need someone to take me & drop me at the door. We only have on street parking so I can't always get to/from the car.

Cakestar Sun 03-Feb-13 15:31:11

Hello! I'm expecting dc4 in September, surprise pregnancy pretty scared about it all, we're coasting along quite well with 3, but now I'm plunged into awful nausea / dread cycle beginning every morning at 5 am and lasting all day! I know I'll feel better once trimester is over but it seems an absolute marathon each day! Not looking forward to work tomorrow, any positive words from anyone would be gratefully received...

LimeLeafLizard Sun 03-Feb-13 17:07:31

Massive sympathy to all those of you with SPD, it sounds horrendous. Pregnancy is tough enough anyway, without all that to cope with as well. At least we all know it is worth it in the end.

Shelly nice to have your update - can't believe Tommy is 3 months old already! Time flies.

Welcome Cake, and congratulations. How old are your DC? I had terrible nausea with DC3, so I understand how you feel. Hope it does get better for you as the first trimester ends. Getting up so early doesn't help... I always found it wasn't so bad if I'd had a lie-in.

I'm now 39+2 and feeling pretty impatient. Had two sweeps so far, some progress being made but nothing that is actually triggering labour! I just want to avoid induction and get my homebirth! But as you all know, it is just a waiting game.

Countmyblessings Sun 03-Feb-13 18:57:11

Ood-my gosh what a nightmare to have to deal with crutches, wheelchair just to get around daily!!!!!!! It's just awful to get to the finish line with our babies the pains we endure! I give you a gold star - not long now!
Congrats - Cake - dc4 - it's nice to share our journeys together!! Sorry for the sickness - as your not new to it, Hopefully it will pass soon.
Shelly - 3 months time does go quickly but I'm sure your enjoying every second of it!
Lime - ohhhh I'm so sorry that nothing is happening but I'm
Sure it will be real soon and I hope you get your home birth!
It's just as I said the last weeks just seems too drag!!!
Roll on March!!!!! Whoop!

Oodsigma Sun 03-Feb-13 19:11:29

Welcome cake & congratulations. I think the first trimester is awful as you don't tell people you're pg but feel rough & have to hide it. Fingers crossed it settles down soon.

Hello Everyone, sorry to hear about the spd, how awful. I did have it myself but it was mild in comparison. I could still do everything I usually would, just slower and with (bearable) pain. I'm really glad to say it went almost immediately after DS was born.

Lime - you are so nearly there! The last few days are so tiresome and it feels like you'll be pregnant forever! I'm looking forward to hearing your news.

All is well here. DS is very lovely and fairly easy going. Not a lot of crying at all (providing the cuddles come thick and fast) and we are getting into life with two littlies. I'm lucky that have no school runs as the older children are at secondary school and both go by bus. Dh went back to work this week and it has been ok. I'm tired as there are obviously night feeds but I think I'm lucky as we go between three and four hours between feeds with no real unsettled periods. Some of the ladies on the January thread seem to be having such a horrendous time I feel I couldn't post as I'd just sound annoying!

LimeLeafLizard Fri 08-Feb-13 22:10:34

Thought I'd post an update to mark the reaching of my due date. There is not a glimmer of a baby in sight, unfortunately, despite several sweeps! I've been a bit crampy but experience tells me this can go on for weeks so I'm not holding out much hope. Induction booked for a week tomorrow, so there is still a reasonable chance I might go naturally before then.

Spring, lovely to hear your update... DS sounds like a little gem! I bumped into EmpireBiscuit (from the sleigh) on another thread (about being overdue!) and she said to send you her best wishes. Think she'll have been induced by now so I'm keeping an eye out for updates.

hope everyone is doing well.

<<<waves to Lime>>> I'm thinking of you, hopefully you'll go into labour on your own xxx

Becky2406 Sat 09-Feb-13 09:09:51

Can I join I'm pregnant with ddc4 eecckk I'm in shock I have 3 dds 8yrs 5yrs and 4yrs I have got rid of everything have nothing baby in the house I'm 10 ish weeks had my booking in apt with mw and have scan booked for march. My family don't know and will not be happy when they do I'm very scared of telling them but not sure if its due to being fat (bmi 30+ ) (size 18) or baby number 4 but I'm already "showing" my belles rounded off and I carnt get into any of my clothes my tummies hard too. It gets in my way. Anyway hope after this moaning I can still join smile thank you

Hello all

spring i'm in the same boat. Feeding going really well and Ivy sleeps well between feeds at night - like you i don't want to go on jan thread and boast smile

Ood i really feel for you spd sounds awful. Hope you are getting plenty of help.

Lime hope things kick off soon, at least the end is in sight and you will soon be enjoying newborn cuddles smile

Sam hope your ok

Cherry snap! My dh is on nights too. Its been ok getting used to having 4. Once the school run is done its just me and Ivy which is lovely.

Thingd are going well here. Weekends are a bit mad but think they will get easier , just a mattet of getting everyone out or tgey go crazy! Ivy feels huge now (almost 6 weeks) and is finally no longer yellow! she's just lovely and the others absolutely dote on her!

Only problem is dd1 who now throws tantrums on the way to school.but we are handling it x confused

cherrypiew4 Tue 12-Feb-13 23:45:24

Hello

Welcome Becky and congratulations I felt the same about being pregnant with number 4 did not really want to tell family to my surprise they took it really well hope this will be the same for you.

Lime Hope you are having baby cuddles right now.

Spring Lovely to read your update and glad that ds is doing well, I at last also have a baby that seems to be settling.

Apples I hate dh working nights and I am finding it hard to get back into the routine without him. Ds2 is also playing up in the mornings going to school once we hit the class room door he bursts into tears and won't let go of mesad but he has to go and I have to deal with it.

Well there was no need to try co sleeping dd is doing well now and finally sleeping although she does not go down till late but at least I get sleep. Had my postnatal today and everything is fine just waiting for my periods to return. Dd is having her 8 week jabs on Thursday and we are suppose to be making an appointment to book dh in for the snip, although we don't want anymore I am not sure about doing this but dare not say anything to dh.

Hope everybody else is well.

LimeLeafLizard Mon 18-Feb-13 10:27:53

Hello everyone,
at last I am having baby cuddles! DD arrived safe and well on Saturday lunchtime.

I was induced on Friday, started off a bit slow but once I got going it all happened quite quickly. It was very painful but I didn't have time at the end to have anything except gas and air, and I ended up having a waterbirth so quite a good experience overall.

Hope everyone is well...

Countmyblessings Mon 18-Feb-13 13:21:19

Huge congrats - Leaf and welcome to the world to your baby girl! Enjoy all the baby cuddles and sorry that the beginning of your birth experience wasn't nice but glad for your happy ending!
Cherry - so how does DH feel about the op? If he doesn't want it will you tell him how your feeling?
Welcome Becky - I hope things have settled now with your feelings about being pregnant again! And I'm sure when your family know they will support you fully!
Apple - glad to know Ivy is doing well hopefully your DH night shift will not be for long!
How is everyone coping with the children on half term!
I'm just glad it's now and really praying by the time Mothers Day comes I would of had my baby!!!!! ( please please baby)

Pinkbump3 Wed 20-Feb-13 23:25:44

Hi all can I join I'm 11 weeks (I think scan on Monday) with dc4! It was a total shock! We absolutely where not planning any more and got rid of every trace of baby items from house. There was a lot of tears but now starting to get over the shock but I do feel a bit sheepish as if its a bad thing don't really know why maybe because I feel older.im 35 next week and dp is 44 we have a 13yr old a 12yr old and a 3yr old (4in April )
I have only told 2 close friends so far who where really positive about it.
I have to admit I'm really not looking forward to doing the whole baby years again and I hope this feeling passes X

Countmy dh has been on nights for years its better money.

Cherry we've managed to get into a routine and nights with just me and ivy are sort of easier. Also it meabs dhhas uninterrupted sleep and is better abke to help.

Lime so glad to hear your news! Massive congratulations. Hope your enjoying new baby cuddles

Welcome pink, hope your over tge shock. Trust me it is akk ok in the end x

cherrypiew4 Sat 23-Feb-13 23:09:39

Lime Congratulations on the arrival of your dd hope you are both well.

Welcome Pink hope your feeling well and starting to get over the shock.

Count I have spoken to dh about the op and he wants to have it so I have not said anything. Half term went fast for me and we did not really do much. How may weeks are you now?

Apples I am starting to get into a routine at night now and it is getting much easier still wish dh worked days though.

Can not believe that dd is now nearly 10 weeks it is going so very quick. She is now weighing 11lb and is getting a little pudding the other dc still adore her I thought it might of worn off by now she is one very lucky little girl.

beeingfruitful Sat 23-Feb-13 23:46:15

May I join you please? I am 41 and 10 weeks pg with number 11. I'm also new to Mumsnet.

Being welcome and crikey 11 shock how do you manage? 4 is absolutely my limit!

Wow cherry it goes so fast doesn't it? Ivy is 8 weeks on tues. Glad your okder dc are still besotted, mine are constantly asking for a hold - currebtly the whole house is working hard for thosr gorgeous smiles Ivy is reallu mean with them smile

Hope everyone ekse is ok

LandsN Sun 24-Feb-13 10:52:06

Hi I am 5 weeks with dc 3 I have 1 ds 11 and a dd 8 I have had 3 mc's since then so fingers crossed this time is ok, omg 11 that must b a handful do u think this will b your last or will u have more?

beeingfruitful Sun 24-Feb-13 14:24:07

Well I'm quite elderly now wink so can't imagine there'll be many more, if any! How do I manage? By working very hard.... Dh and I both work, (him full time, me part time) and we also run a business. I always feel the need to get that in early because some people say some quite nasty things when I tell them my family size, eg Do they all have the same father? (Yes, they do actually, not that it matters.) Fear of more unpleasant comments has kept me lurking on mumsnet for ages rather than posting, but you seem like a nice group here smile

Many congrats to Minky and everyone else here. Everything crossed for you Lands. Glad to meet you all.

LandsN Sun 24-Feb-13 14:50:31

Wow that's amazing my nan had 9 and I always wondered how she managed I would love to have that many but ATM I am struggling getting to 3 never know it might happen if this one continues and who is anyone to make comments I take my hat off to u u must do a amazing job x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now