Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with no. 3 / 4 / 5..?! Thread #2

(395 Posts)
LimeLeafLizard Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:16

If you're pregnant with your third / fourth / fifth DC, come and chat.

This probably should be in antenatal clubs now (?) but I wanted to post this in the same place as the old thread so we can all find it!

Here is the old thread

Sams4lo Sat 05-Jan-13 17:04:09

Hey all just thought would let you all know how things are going my end smile

I went to the hospital and they want me to get to 28wks, and if we can a section a 34-36 wks is preferred! They think I had an abruption starting with ds1 as well and think I can't carry boys! Back at the hospital in 10 days for more checks smile will be having 2 wkly scans as well smile just hoping I can avoid being admitted. I'm struggling so much this time and the tiredness is awful, I thought the middle trimester u got an energy surge, I'm still waitin confused

Any way enough of my waffling on, I hope every one is ok and chat soon smile

LimeLeafLizard Sat 05-Jan-13 19:28:59

Hey Sam, just read your update. Phew, sounds like quite a lot for you to be thinking about. How many weeks are you now? Do they see you as being at risk of an abruption this time too then? I've never heard that about not being able to carry boys, although I have heard that boys are harder to carry, but not sure how / why. I'm sure it must be a worrying time for you and as you say, its hard enough anyway when you feel tired and are running round after all the others, let alone with this on top of everything. Hope the regular check ups and scans will help to reassure you and that you can avoid being admitted. Thinking of you, anyway.

Apple hope Ivy is still doing well, can't imagine trying to get a wee sample from a newborn. That is lovely that DS2 is so protective of her.

We've been doing a bit of preparation for the new baby in the house - rearranging the furniture in DS3's room to make room for the cot and getting new chest of drawers, shelves up etc. Also I have started to pack my labour bag. I find out at our scan next week whether I'll be allowed to go for the home birth or not. FX all is well.

cherrypiew3 Sun 06-Jan-13 13:06:23

Congratulations Apples lovely name.

Sam hope you are keeping well.

Lime Will keep my fx that you get to have a homebirth.

Still struggling with dd here she is very unsettled between the hours of 10pm - 4am so not getting much sleep, starting to panic a bit about dh going back to work he works nights so really hoping we can sort some sort of routine before then.

<waves to everybody else>

Cravingtomatoes Sun 06-Jan-13 18:56:50

Sam really hope you get to 34-36 weeks - how worrying. Hopefully there's not long to go? Funny about carrying boys being different, though. My DSs were both really low from the 2nd trimester and it felt like they were going to just fall out, unlike with the DDs. Do they think it affects the placenta then? Hope you're being closely monitored and you're managing to get plenty of rest in between looking after the DCs.

Lime yes, good luck with the scan next week as hope you have a positive outcome. What day is your scan? Nice that you're at the "getting ready" stage in the house too, and makes it all even more exciting and imminent.

Cherry I'm having the same problem with DS - he's now 6 weeks old, sleeps during the day and is really unsettled all night. In fact he won't be out down, but only a couple of times has he seemed colicky. As soon as I hold him he sleeps (he won't even co-sleep just wants me sitting/standing up holding him all him all night). 2 nights ago he almost went over the edge of the bed when I fell asleep h

Cravingtomatoes Sun 06-Jan-13 19:02:52

Sam really hope you get to 34-36 weeks - how worrying. Hopefully there's not long to go? Funny about carrying boys being different, though. My DSs were both really low from the 2nd trimester and it felt like they were going to just fall out, unlike with the DDs. Do they think it affects the placenta then? Hope you're being closely monitored and you're managing to get plenty of rest in between looking after the DCs.

Lime yes, good luck with the scan next week and hope you have a positive outcome. What day is your scan? Nice that you're at the "getting ready" stage in the house too, and makes it all even more exciting and imminent.

Cherry I'm having the same problem with DS - he's now 6 weeks old, sleeps during the day and is really unsettled all night. In fact he won't be put down, but only a couple of times has he seemed colicky. As soon as I hold him he sleeps (he won't even co-sleep just wants me sitting/standing up holding him all night). 2 nights ago he almost went over the edge of the bed when I fell asleep holding him shock luckily I woke up and caught him. A bit of a nightmare being so knackered in the daytime f. Help!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Cravingtomatoes Sun 06-Jan-13 19:04:00

Posted twice whilst trying to correct typos - damned phone!

Sams4lo Mon 07-Jan-13 07:28:48

Lime- keeping fx for your home birth smile
Cherry - thanks smile am feeling anxious and tired lol
Craving- I've had a few unsettled baby's they liked sleeping on my chest or dh chest! As dd2 got older had to get her a hip seat as she wouldn't leave me at all! Slings have helped with unsettled baby's, swing chairs are fantastic and saved me a lot of rocking smile as hard as this sounds a clingy unsettled baby is hard but I found they are amazing toddlers wink

I'm 19 wks so still got a way to go sad they think I'm at risk of abruption again both ds1&2 were not breathing, low birth weight, really low blood sugars at birth and both of their placentas were black sad ds2 was a complete abruption and ds1 is suspected abruption! But dd1&2 were easier i still had preeclampsia and gestational diabetes sad am just praying for a girl which sounds so selfish as everyone always says all they want is a healthy baby, which is why I pray for a girl as I'm so scared as ds2 was less than a minute from being here!

Hope everyone else is well x

LimeLeafLizard Mon 07-Jan-13 10:25:18

Sam in your case it is NOT selfish to pray for a girl - like all of us, you just want a healthy baby, and for you, a girl is more likely to be healthy. You are doing amazingly well to be having a 5th considering all the challenges you've been through in your previous pregnancies. Hope you are finding some time to look after yourself, it is hard I know.

Cherry & Craving sorry to hear your new arrivals are restricting your sleep so much. Hope they each settle into a good night and day routine soon! I am so looking forward to having my little baby that I am blocking out how much hard work it might be! I should make the most of the sleep I'm getting now - although interrupted, it is at least for most of the night!

VodkaJelly Mon 07-Jan-13 12:39:29

just checking in, my little girl was due on Christmas day but turned up on New year's day instead!! horrendous Labour, 23 hours in total,was 30 minutes away from an emergency c section but fantastic midwives (I had 3!) and consultant got her out, she was stuck and facing the wrong way. Lots of medical intervention including forceps so I am really sore.

but she was so worth it, can't believe how beautiful she is.

LimeLeafLizard Mon 07-Jan-13 13:09:58

Hi Vodka, congratulations on your little girl! Ouch your labour sounds very tough, so well done. Hope you make a quick recovery.

elliejjtiny Mon 07-Jan-13 13:18:56

Congratulations vodka.

sam it's not selfish to want a girl. I would prefer to have a boy as my boys all have a genetic condition which causes complications in pregnancy among other things. A boy wouldn't have those as he couldn't get pregnant. I hope you manage to avoid an abruption this time.

Congratulations vodka! Sounds like a bit of a marathon but great day to give birth grin

sams i think its normal in your situation to hope for a girl. In the end all any of us want is a healthy baby x reakky hope everything is ok and you mske 34 weeks x

lime hope your scan goes well. Thats great tgat your close enough to the end to start getting ready. I had forgotten just hpw exhausting a new baby is but am being rqpidly reminded!

Ivy is now back up to her birth weight after losing a little. Shes stil a bit yellpw but mw didnt seem too worried today.

Took her to pick up dcs from school and got mobbed! Shes so tiny and unexpectely early that i couldnt move for cooing mums smile quite enjoyed it!

Oh god proof reading! How many mistakes, im so tired...

A very quick update with more to follow later...our baby boy was born at 10.11 pm yesterday (16th). He is just lovely smile

Oodsigma Thu 17-Jan-13 05:55:11

Am soooo way behind on this thread. blush

Congrats to vodka - hope you are recovering ok!
Congrats to spring - did you know this was a boy? I can't remember blush youve 3 girls up until now havent you?

Sams4lo Thu 17-Jan-13 08:49:28

Congratulations smile

Went to hospital and the scan says boy sad to say I'm scared is the understatement of the decade, I've had a massive cry and got so emotional but feel a bit better today so am hoping the hospital look after us both! And to top it off the consultant wants me to have a vbac! I'm very confused and emotions are all over the place sad all we want is a healthy baby and just praying he's ok xxx

LimeLeafLizard Thu 17-Jan-13 12:06:37

Spring, many congratulations! thanks That is wonderful news... hope you're both doing well. Do post back and let us know.

Hello Ood, hope you're ok?!

Sams so sorry to hear that you're feeling scared knowing you're having another boy... I am sure the hospital staff will be doing everything they can to make sure you're both fine. You have a lot on your plate and plenty of time to consider whether you want a VBAC or not, so hope you don't feel too pressured.

I'm now 36+6 and starting to get quite impatient. Would still like another homebirth... but feeling a bit nervous this time too. My scan went well last week but they do think I'm having another big baby... so I'm hoping she comes a bit early and before she gets too big. They will induce me at 40 weeks anyway if I haven't already had her. It is all getting a bit scary now.

Oodsigma Thu 17-Jan-13 12:42:26

Oh sam can totally understand being scared, do you have a good relationship with MW to talk about it?

Sams4lo Thu 17-Jan-13 16:30:04

Lime - thanks smile I'm trying not to worry about delivery at the moment but its not always easy sad keeping fingers crossed for your home birth x

Ood - sadly I don't have a mw any longer as I'm consultant led and only seen at hospital by them or GP for emergencies! X

Becky2406 Thu 17-Jan-13 17:57:00

Iv just found out I'm pregnant with my 4th and it's my last !!!! I'm shocked and struggling ! Need to talk to ppl who are going throug the same please please please as feel alone !! sad

Oodsigma Thu 17-Jan-13 18:01:02

I don't have a MW either sam. Is there chance to go through it with cons or anyone who knows the situation? Even if you need to rearrange an appt.

Becky2406 Thu 17-Jan-13 18:13:19

Can I join the chat? I'm pregnant with my 4th dc I'm only few weeks about 6 so still in shock i need to talk to ppl who are going through the same. I don't have the support of my family my mum will kill me when she finds out sad my husband is over the moon and I told my best mate today thankfully she was happy and will support my thank gos I'm so scared to tell my family they going to go mad!!!!! sad

Glad to see this thread moving again!

Congratulations spring! Hope everythibg went ok x

sam sorry things so hard for you. It understandable that you feel worried.

becky you are exactly where i was nearly 9 months ago! Im afraid i never realky got over tge shock BUT i would now never b without my beautiful little girl! And so far having 4 isb't very diferent to having 3 (that said dh isn't back at work ti next week so...)

Ivy has been great so far. The jaundice is finalky starting to go and was weighed today and has gained 1lb 4 in just over a week 7lb now! This is down to being a greedy little monkey grin

LimeLeafLizard Thu 17-Jan-13 18:23:15

Hi Becky and welcome! Have a seat and tell us what is on your mind. <pours brew>
Why do you think your Mum will be cross? 6 weeks is early days, you have lots of time to get used to the idea and so does she. Great that your DH is happy about it, that counts for a lot ime. How old are your other DC?

LimeLeafLizard Thu 17-Jan-13 18:26:01

Hey Apples! Great to hear that Ivy is thriving. grin at X posting, me saying 'don't worry you've plenty of time to get used to it' and you saying 'I didn't get over the shock!' But it is a wonderful thing either way!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now