Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant with no. 3 / 4 / 5..?! Thread #2

(395 Posts)
LimeLeafLizard Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:16

If you're pregnant with your third / fourth / fifth DC, come and chat.

This probably should be in antenatal clubs now (?) but I wanted to post this in the same place as the old thread so we can all find it!

Here is the old thread

LimeLeafLizard Fri 21-Dec-12 16:29:02

Craving 4 weeks old already! Time flies. Hope he's growing well.

I echo your comments to Cherry, hope things go well for you...

Apple you must be shattered with your kids taking turns to be ill.
I have 5 boys in the house this afternoon (mine + friend's) aged 2,3,4,7,8 - and I am knackered. DH has a new phone and it kept making stupid noises in the night and waking me up, which didn't help.

WC jab went fine - sore arm but otherwise ok so far.

I'll probably be back here over the weekend, but just in case...
Merry Christmas everyone! smile

lime am frankly at the end of my rope now! Dp coughing and making sad faces at me earlier but seriously what the hell does he think I'm going to do?! Dd gone to bed early after refusing to eat any dinner (she had no problem with the ds's end of term sweets). Thankfully at 9 ds1 is able to look after himself to a certain extent and he has taken himself off to bed with a book. So I am left with the bouncy one...at least there are no more school runs and we can just lie around the house now til everyone is better!

5 boys sounds exhausting! Bet you were glad when their friends went!

craving hope your enjoying your little one, I can't wait to reach your point!

Cravingtomatoes Fri 21-Dec-12 19:22:00

Lime & Apple - LO doing well and putting on a lot of weight. He's lovely! Nights are a bit of an issue (he sleeps all day and is awake all night like a vampire like all newborns). However, having no sleep is much easier than the final weeks of pg, so I'm not going to complain.

Apple exactly a month to go and I hope that you can rest up more now there's no school runs for a couple of weeks. Your DC will be born before you know it. I hope your family are all better soon.

Oooh craving hadn't thought of that! Maybe this baby will be kind and arrive a little bit early...that would be lovely...

LimeLeafLizard Fri 21-Dec-12 20:34:25

at least there are no more school runs and we can just lie around the house now... hear, hear! Hope DH will let me have a lie-in tomorrow (he is usually really good about this).

My friend got stuck in traffic and finally collected her boys after 5 hours... I love my friend and her kids are great fun, but I was so tired I was glad to see them go! At least they all had a wonderful afternoon and I helped her out (and DS3 was asleep by 7pm for a change!).

Glad to hear babyCraving is doing well after his slightly early start in life. smile

wavesandsmilesatSanta Fri 21-Dec-12 20:52:54

Hello, could I join you please? I am expecting DC3 end of July and suddenly feeling a little overwhelmed! We will have a houseful, as I also have 2 DSSs who are with us every weekend and 2 nights mid week. So, it is a good thing that we already have a 7 seater car.... My youngest is 7, will be nearly 8 when LO is due so it is a very long time since I have been pg and whilst the basics are the same, it seems that I have forgotten everything important lots of things have changed.

Quite excited that this time next year we will be planning for Christmas with 5 DCs smile

MoonHare Fri 21-Dec-12 22:02:19

Checking in quickly.

So exciting to see all the new bundles arriving and how this thread is really thriving. Someone organised really should set up a post-birth thread in whatever bit of MN is appropriate.

All good here. Baby Moon is kicking and cooing on the changing mat at my feet right now. She's such a little smiler. She took pity on me and slept for 7 hours straight last night - bliss after 7 weeks of broken sleep.

School run (the bit I was dreading) has so far been fine. I'm currently seeking a 'statement hat' for those mornings when I have to go out with bed-head. I reckon an ostentatious winter hat says 'yes, I meant to wear this hat on purpose, it is a fashion statement and not a bad hair cover up'. There are some advantages to a winter baby, lots of opportunity to cover up.

Best wishes to everyone.

cherrypiew3 Sat 22-Dec-12 14:44:31

Hello

Just a quick up date will pop back later.

After my last post on Tuesday I went into labour all by myself in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Dd was born weighing 7lb 3oz and is perfect we are both home now and the dc are all smitten with her.

LimeLeafLizard Sat 22-Dec-12 18:42:48

Congratulations Cherry! wonderful news, just before Christmas.

Welcome wavesandsmiles, great to have you here... I'm sure you'll quickly get up to date with all the baby stuff. It seems to be mostly equipment which changes - updated car seats and prams, for example.

Moon, lovely to hear from you! Are you volunteering to set up a post-birth thread?! I guess it would fit in either post natal clubs or larger families? I would do it myself but another 7 weeks seems like a long time to wait! Good to hear you and babyMoon are doing well and that you've survived the school runs - that is the bit I'm dreading, too! I'll take your tip and keep an eye out for hats in the winter sales.

OodKingWenceslas Sat 22-Dec-12 18:53:14

Congrats on new babies & new people on the thread.Sorry am quite behind on this thread

I nearly suggested a PN thread a few weeks ago but thought you'd all leave & I'd be here alone blush

Yay congratulations cherry. glad to hear older dcs are smitten!

Having a bit of a what the hell have we done day today! First day of hols dd still not well and refusing to eat (after first demanding certain foods which were supplied and still not eaten)
ds1 clearly feeling better as has been sent to bed early after spending most of the day pushing ds2 around. Am completly stressed and baby is taking up so much room I am constantly uncomfortable and shouting isn't helping! sad

Doesn't help that dh hasn't had a day off in 2 weeks and won't be off till Xmas eve but won't actually be around then as it's nights so he needs to sleep. End. Of. Rope!

Hey all just thought I'd bump us as we're pages back now!

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and is off enjoying themselves and that's why it's so quiet

Keep having massive bh that make me all hopeful baby will soon be here. Oh how the end drags x

LimeLeafLizard Fri 28-Dec-12 21:58:43

Well done for bumping the thread... Merry Christmas to everyone!

I've been off MN for a few days. We're just home and getting sorted out now, trying to find space for all the new toys! confused Maybe I need to follow 5kids example and start de-cluttering?!

BH are a good sign Apple. Time is starting to drag for me, too (34 weeks today), but I haven't had any BH yet.

Hi lime the fact bh are getting stronger is good but I've been getting them since 14 weeks so not holding my breath! Still only 3 weeks left so the end is in sight - yay!

Did dcs get loads of new stuff? My dining/ playroom has been completly taken over and the mess is starting to make me a little bit crazy ( crazier )

HOpe everyone else ok

cherrypiew3 Sat 29-Dec-12 14:45:59

Hello

It's taken me a few days to get myself together dd is a little night owl so sleep is a luxury at the moment and we are struggling to get into any sort of routine.

Apples Towards the end I found myself thinking the same thing what the hell have we done and how are we ever going to cope I think all of a sudden it just gets very real. We did are first family outing the other day and I found myself looking at them all and thinking how did we end up having 4 children.

Lime 34 weeks not long to go once the dc go back to school time will fly by.

Well the last few days have been looking at where my little bump use to be and feeling sad that I will never do it again and that my pregnancy days are well and truly over. Feel a bit guilty that I wished them last few weeks away instead of trying to enjoy them.

Hope everyone else is well and try and enjoy your pregnancies Ladies.

Hi cherry I'm just gonna carry on and wish the last few weeks away! I remember before I got pg feeling a bit nostalgic for the bump days etc as we weren't having anymore! I think when its all over and you have a lovely baby and you see pg women you can get a bit 'rose tinted'. Am too uncomfortable and nackered to enjoy it ( though wierdly looking forward to quiet break when dcs go back to school which will only happen if baby stays put)

So no need to wish time away as ivy arrived super fast (5cm to 10 in 10 mins) at 2.40 am 01.01.13! 37 weeks exactly weighing 5lb11.

She is tiny and gorgeous and the dcs who only met her this morning are completly obsessed!

Happy new year!

LimeLeafLizard Wed 02-Jan-13 22:24:02

Hey, congratulations Apple, that is wonderful news that baby Ivy arrived quickly and safely. So glad I happened to check this thread to see your wonderful news!

Congratulations Apples <<stamps feet at queue jumping>>. My labours are a bit like that too. For me babies seem to be born within minutes of my waters breaking regardless of how dilated I am. It's quite shocking. Ivy is a lovely name and she sounds gorgeous!

<<<waves to everyone else>>>

Sorry spring! My others were all late and quitr long labours so we were completky unprepared and i went into shock after! It was all far too fast and intense so glad i will never do it again!

Spring i hope you get yours soon

freaking out now that im going to have to look after 4 now...

Oodhousekeeping Thu 03-Jan-13 16:15:02

Congrats apple smile lovely name.

Apples - you'll be fine. I've never gotten to 40 weeks so am assuming baby will be born before the 18th. I'll be totally unprepared if I go over! All my attention is now on birth, I haven't thought about having a baby for ages blush!

Sams4lo Thu 03-Jan-13 18:05:27

Congratulations smile x

Cravingtomatoes Thu 03-Jan-13 23:51:59

Congratulations Apple on Baby Ivy - that's wonderful news! And what a great date to be born!

Hmm bit mad realky as i already have ds2 a xmas eve baby. So now hqve xmas eve and new years day, next xmas will bankrupt us!

Just back from hosp as mw did blood test as ivy a bit yellow. Ended up in pead a&e where blood test done agai (& urine test - that wss an experience) & her leveld gone down so sent home!

Clearly ivy is determined to make her mark!

Ds2 currentky leaning over pram telling ivy no one will be allowed to hurt her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now