Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Natural Conception after 9 years!!

(140 Posts)
jools70 Tue 13-Nov-12 00:51:21

DP and I are 43/42, we have been trying for a baby for over 9 years. We opted for IVF three years ago, fell pregnant first time with twins sadly lost both, one at 8 weeks the other at 17 weeks (very traumatic).
We tried IVF for a second time but it didn't take.
After our second attempt and our years of trying au natural we decided it was not meant to be.
We moved from stressful/busy London in September to Kent.
Aunt flo was late this month, took a pregnancy test expecting nothing, the test came back a BFP, I couldn't believe my eyes. I took another test later that day and there it was again BFP!!!
I went to mothercares and bought one of those Baby On Board signs for the car and wore it around my belly when I got home. DP was in shock and over the moon.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, please keep your fingers crossed for us that this one is a keeper x

jools70 Mon 26-Nov-12 23:52:28

Ladies had the scan this morning as expected I had miscarried, the nurse said everything had completly passed so it was good that I didn't have to go through any proceedure.
She also said I will be very fertile for the next few months so try again asap.
Hopefully we will fall again but we won't put any pressure on ourselves.
Thanks for all your support, we are doing fine xx

NewNames Tue 27-Nov-12 00:07:20

So sorry Jools. sad

Piemistress Tue 27-Nov-12 00:41:27

So sorry jools sad go easy on yourself. The ttc after mc thread is a,great support, Hugs x

stowsettler Tue 27-Nov-12 07:28:10

Have been following this thread and praying for a good outcome for you, so very sorry to hear this. You have a fantastically optimistic outlook on the whole thing and I have everything crossed for you and really hope you have better luck next time xxx

PickleSarnie Tue 27-Nov-12 08:29:58

So, so sorry to hear that. Take care and huge best wishes for the future x x

WandaDoff Tue 27-Nov-12 08:37:27

I'm so sorry love. x

Maryz Tue 27-Nov-12 08:38:52

I'm so sorry jools. I thought when you didn't come back earlier that might be the news sad.

Be nice to yourself for the next while, and I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best thanks

DianaTrent Tue 27-Nov-12 09:18:03

So, so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and best wishes. thanks

jools70 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:51:22

Thank you all for your kind wishes xx

PhoebeC Tue 27-Nov-12 09:56:12

I've been following and thinking of you, Jools. So sorry for you loss.

emeraldgirl1 Tue 27-Nov-12 11:53:58

Really sorry to hear this has happened. Hope you are looking after yourself. Very best of luck with that fertility spike and keeping everything crossed for you xx

EdwardtheEagle Tue 27-Nov-12 13:03:29

Be kind to yourself today jools x

FreckledLeopard Tue 27-Nov-12 13:49:28

If it's any consolation, the same thing happened with my mother. She didn't conceive for 21 years, had a miscarriage at 41 then got pregnant with me. Thinking of you and crossing fingers for the future.

Really sorry to hear your sad news Jools, sending good thoughts your way.

jools70 Thu 29-Nov-12 01:16:29

Girls thank you for your support x
Its 1am and I can't sleep! I've taken this week off work to think about things.
DP is very upset, I didn't expect him to be so excited about the pregnancy, he reacted differently when we concieved through IVF.
Going to see my mum tomorrow, I didn't want to tell her over the phone, I'm sure there will be tears.
We have a house warming party Sat so planning this will keep me busy.
I'm leaving this post now and will look to the future.
Good luck to all who are trying and a happy healthy pregnancy to all those who have a little life inside them x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now