Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Natural Conception after 9 years!!

(140 Posts)
jools70 Tue 13-Nov-12 00:51:21

DP and I are 43/42, we have been trying for a baby for over 9 years. We opted for IVF three years ago, fell pregnant first time with twins sadly lost both, one at 8 weeks the other at 17 weeks (very traumatic).
We tried IVF for a second time but it didn't take.
After our second attempt and our years of trying au natural we decided it was not meant to be.
We moved from stressful/busy London in September to Kent.
Aunt flo was late this month, took a pregnancy test expecting nothing, the test came back a BFP, I couldn't believe my eyes. I took another test later that day and there it was again BFP!!!
I went to mothercares and bought one of those Baby On Board signs for the car and wore it around my belly when I got home. DP was in shock and over the moon.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, please keep your fingers crossed for us that this one is a keeper x

Piemistress Wed 21-Nov-12 11:02:26

I don't think I could wait until Tuesday. Did they expect the bleeding to stop? Is it spotting or heavier? I would head back up there x

showtunesgirl Wed 21-Nov-12 11:12:10

I'm with Piemistress on this. I would head on back to an EPU.

showtunesgirl Wed 21-Nov-12 11:13:19

Also OP, considering your previous history, would you not be under consultant care?

jools70 Wed 21-Nov-12 12:10:33

Piemaster its red but no clots, heavier than spotting.
Unfortunately I don't gave a doctor in the area yet as we just moved home. I've been a bit slow at sorting that out, didn't expect to need a dr so soon smile
I've got the forms to register.

The bleeding has eased a bit, is there anything they can do? I think nature will just take its course. If it gets any heavier I will give the nurse a call, she gave me their direct line.

The nurse also said yesterday that the sac was smaller than expected, she said that didn't really matter as we may have concieved later, obviously the dates are taken from the date of your last period.
She said there is still life there so we have to be hopeful.
I'm feeling sick for the first time today so thats a good sign!

showtunesgirl Wed 21-Nov-12 12:14:16

It's the only time I'll cheer for someone being sick but hooray! smile

EdwardtheEagle Wed 21-Nov-12 12:47:29

Just read the whole thread - what a rollercoaster. Good luck today Jools.

FirstTimeForEverything Wed 21-Nov-12 12:50:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jools70 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:07:50

Ha ha ha, I agree feeling sick isn't normally something to celebrate but I'm happy with that!

It has been a rollercoast without a doubt Edwardtheeagel

I'll let you know of any developments x

Piemistress Wed 21-Nov-12 19:54:13

How you doing? Have things eased off at all?x

jools70 Wed 21-Nov-12 20:22:44

Hi Piemistress, all very strange really the bleeding comes and goes, but the cramps have been like bad period pains. Took two paracetamol and that has helped.
Not sure if this little one is going to stay but I'm praying.
Thanks for checking in, how's you? smile

Piemistress Wed 21-Nov-12 21:18:13

I am praying that the bleeding is nothing sinister for you, are you going to try and get seen again before next week? Might be worth asking them to check your pregnancy hormone levels with a blood test (although I'm not sure how reliable it is?).

Fingers crossed you wake up tomorrow, the bleeding has stopped and you keep being sick (meant that bit in a good way!)

I am moving house next week so in midst of packing frenzy!

jools70 Wed 21-Nov-12 23:29:22

piemistress God I know how that feels we moved a few months back, must say it went quite smoothly, hope it all goes well. Where are you moving from/to?
Cramps and bleeding have eased after taking the tablets. See what tomorrow brings.

Piemistress Thu 22-Nov-12 21:03:47

How are things today jools?

Our stuff is going into storage as we haven't found another house yet which makes it a big more stressful!

ilikesweetpeas Thu 22-Nov-12 21:12:12

I hope that things are ok jools, thinking about you

jools70 Thu 22-Nov-12 23:10:43

Thank you ladies x

When I woke this morning I passed a small clot TMI! Been bleeding on and off all day, stayed at home all week couldn't face work. The cramps have gone and I'm not feeling very pregnant, but then again I didn't have morning sickness, the only thing that happened to me was sore (.)(.) lol, they still look bigger but no longer painful.
Called EPU, the lady was very nice and booked me in for 9:30 mon instead of tues which is a little less time to wait.
I do hope there still is a heartbeat but I have to say I won't be surprised if that is the end of the road sad

Maryz Thu 22-Nov-12 23:21:57

It's going to be a long weekend.

But don't give up yet. Miracles do happen, and you have just as good a chance as anyone of it being ok.

Fingers, legs and everything else crossed smile

5madthings Thu 22-Nov-12 23:24:27

just seen.this, keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Piemistress Thu 22-Nov-12 23:59:12

Hopefully the weekend will pass for you quickly jools anything you can do to take your mind off things?

Natty4 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:01:15

What a lovely story, love the baby on board sign part. Wishing you a happy and successful pregnancy.

Natty4 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:05:23

Sorry just read the rest of your thread. Really hope and pray things work out for you.

chocolatespiders Fri 23-Nov-12 07:07:16

Crying after just doing my make-up is not such a good look!!!

Such amazing stories on this thread..

Wishing you lots of positivity for this pregnancy smile

Sleepyfergus Fri 23-Nov-12 07:15:58

Keeping everything crossed for you over the weekend. TAke care. X

Dontbesodramatic Fri 23-Nov-12 07:17:14

How lovely! Congratulations! smile

jools70 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:24:55

Thanks for all your good wishes x

pie i'm making a Christmas Garland so will try and keep busy with that. Should have had a job interview today but I'm not in the mood so have told them I'm unwell and hope I can arrange it for next week.

Don't feel very pregnant today, no symtoms, although had night sweats again last night, not sure if that is a pregnancy symtom??
Still bleeding, a lot lighter today and no cramps.
I can't stand the waiting grin(

lotsofcheese Fri 23-Nov-12 08:59:43

Oh Jools it's a real rollercoaster for you. The not knowing is definitely the worst part, as you can move on in some way when you know. Monday will hopefully bring you something definitive. I hope you can take your mind off things this weekend x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now