Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Natural Conception after 9 years!!

(140 Posts)
jools70 Tue 13-Nov-12 00:51:21

DP and I are 43/42, we have been trying for a baby for over 9 years. We opted for IVF three years ago, fell pregnant first time with twins sadly lost both, one at 8 weeks the other at 17 weeks (very traumatic).
We tried IVF for a second time but it didn't take.
After our second attempt and our years of trying au natural we decided it was not meant to be.
We moved from stressful/busy London in September to Kent.
Aunt flo was late this month, took a pregnancy test expecting nothing, the test came back a BFP, I couldn't believe my eyes. I took another test later that day and there it was again BFP!!!
I went to mothercares and bought one of those Baby On Board signs for the car and wore it around my belly when I got home. DP was in shock and over the moon.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, please keep your fingers crossed for us that this one is a keeper x

jools70 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:21:27

PhoebeC - another amazing story, so pleased for you.
Wheres abouts in Kent are you?

jools70 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:24:13

Terrywoganstrousers - I hope this will give give you DS some much needed hope.
I think it was all the pressures of life and the pain of what happened before. We came to terms with not having a baby, spld put property, with money in the bank a big weight was iff our shoulders.
I think it makes a big difference!

newby2 Thu 15-Nov-12 16:07:31

Oh wow OP what wonderful news. Many many congrats.xxxx

jools70 Tue 20-Nov-12 07:40:53

Can anyone put my mind at ease, had brown discharge the past two days, not a lot but enough to worry me, last night I didn't sleep too well as I've had cramping.
We've recently moved and I've not registered with my new doctor yet.
I could call my old surgery?
Any suggestions x

Nevercan Tue 20-Nov-12 07:43:54

Can you go to your local Nhs walk in centre? You don't need an appointment - just turn up

jools70 Tue 20-Nov-12 07:53:10

Just started bleeding heavily so I am going through a miscarriage sad

grainmum Tue 20-Nov-12 08:01:09

Jools so sorry to hear this. Just wanted to say that if you need a Dr you could contact your local surgery and even if you're not registered they may be able to see you as an "immediate and necessary". Take care xx

1978andallthat Tue 20-Nov-12 08:32:37

Oh I am so sorry.

showtunesgirl Tue 20-Nov-12 08:40:01

OP, find the nearest Early Pregnancy Unit at a hospital. They should be able to help you. So sorry. sad

Piemistress Tue 20-Nov-12 09:23:19

Ditto what showtunesgirl has said. When I experienced the same thing I called them up and they saw me really quickly.

Thinking of you, hugs x

jools70 Tue 20-Nov-12 12:32:35

Girls we still have a heartbeat, the nurse said the bleeding could be the lining or implantation she said its not uncommon.
I burst into tears, i was prepared for bad news but not good!!!

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Tue 20-Nov-12 12:33:28

Oh, that's excellent Jools. Keeping everything crossed for you smile

thomassmummy Tue 20-Nov-12 12:48:33

Oh my goodness, a big congratulations to you both!! x

showtunesgirl Tue 20-Nov-12 12:52:15

Oh I am so pleased OP! I too had some bleeding in early pregnancy and now she will be ONE on Thursday.

Piemistress Tue 20-Nov-12 13:02:14

Great news OP!! now sit down with a cuppa, a trashy mag and relax smile

emeraldgirl1 Tue 20-Nov-12 13:08:02

That's terrific news! I really hope you can relax now. So pleased for you, was following this thread without ever having the time to comment and am so pleased to hear you're hanging on in there!!! smile

Splinters Tue 20-Nov-12 14:43:54

That's wonderful, I so so hope things settle down and your pregnancy brings you a beautiful baby. Please take it as easy as possible!

Congratulations Jools! Bleeding is heart wrenching and terrifying but not always the end. I have my fingers crossed for you that this one is a sticker grin

jools70 Tue 20-Nov-12 15:06:37

Thank you all, still have bad cramping and some blood so just have to stay positive and see what happens, the nurse has booked another scan for next Tuesday so I pray my precious little ones heart will still be fluttering..
Strange story but my mum told me she had a dream about my dad last night who passed away a few years ago, when I left the hospital the bus announced the next stop was St Micheals (my dads name) just feel he might have been watching over me today hmm

jools70 Tue 20-Nov-12 15:07:39

Just sat down with a cuppa and watching some rubbish daytime tv grin

lotsofcheese Tue 20-Nov-12 18:25:29

Take it easy Jools Hope you're having some chocolate too x

Hope all is well Jools, sending prayers and positive thoughts your way smile

jools70 Tue 20-Nov-12 22:52:01

Terry thank you, went to bed early, took two tablets for the cramps so will try and get some rest and see what the morning brings x

If it reassures you any more, I had very similar at 7/8 weeks with my DD1 and she is now 9 yo and currently snoring.

jools70 Wed 21-Nov-12 09:36:15

Terry that is comforting to hear.

Still cramping and bleeding, I don't know if baby can take too much more of the bleeding, I'm quite worried.
I have another scan booked in on Tuesday, the nurse said I can call if anything changes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now