Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Natural Conception after 9 years!!

(140 Posts)
jools70 Tue 13-Nov-12 00:51:21

DP and I are 43/42, we have been trying for a baby for over 9 years. We opted for IVF three years ago, fell pregnant first time with twins sadly lost both, one at 8 weeks the other at 17 weeks (very traumatic).
We tried IVF for a second time but it didn't take.
After our second attempt and our years of trying au natural we decided it was not meant to be.
We moved from stressful/busy London in September to Kent.
Aunt flo was late this month, took a pregnancy test expecting nothing, the test came back a BFP, I couldn't believe my eyes. I took another test later that day and there it was again BFP!!!
I went to mothercares and bought one of those Baby On Board signs for the car and wore it around my belly when I got home. DP was in shock and over the moon.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, please keep your fingers crossed for us that this one is a keeper x

Oh this has cheered me up no end, congratulations and good luck with it.
I hope something similar happens to my lovely lovely Dsis and her husband who have been TTC with no luck for about five years. smilesmilesmile

Piemistress Tue 13-Nov-12 10:57:42

Congratulations! What great news! X

LibrarianAli Tue 13-Nov-12 11:05:53

What a wonderful thread! The 18 months we were trying felt like forever so I can only imagine how delighted you are.

My parents tried for 8 years to have me. My mum was treated by Patrick Steptoe at the Royal Oldham (just before he 'invented' IVF!) and he told her that there was nothing more to be done and to go away and book a lovely holiday, which they did and while they were on holiday she started to feel a little unwell...

SquealyB Tue 13-Nov-12 12:46:16

Lovely news! Congratulations.

rrreow Tue 13-Nov-12 13:51:22

Wow omg I cried reading your post. Wishing you all the best.

Manda472 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:57:03

Yay what fantastic news, congratulations.

I have been a serial ivf'er- 10 in total and have been blessed with 2 beautiful kids....but......I secretly hope that my body would let me be pregnant once more and be a freebie. So miss my bump
A happy and healthy 9 months to you

Mummyof3tobe Tue 13-Nov-12 14:52:48

Congratulations - wonderful news and you must be over the moon.

Everything happens for a reason and now is your time.

As my husband uses to constantly remind me during our 3 year fertility battle "good things come to those who wait"!

CailinDana Tue 13-Nov-12 15:21:04

Oh dear I may have something in my eye...<disclaimer: pregnant and hormonal>

Huge congratulations smile

emeraldgirl1 Tue 13-Nov-12 15:49:18

Huuuuge congrats and keeping fingers crossed, really hope you can enjoy it and very very best of luck! x

MadameJosephine Tue 13-Nov-12 16:50:06

Yay!! Congratulations!
We ttc for 5 years, had 9 cycles of clomid, 3 cycles of IUI and 2 miscarriages before deciding to call it a day. Yesterday I gave birth to my gorgeous DD, my little surprise at the age of 41 :-)

Nicky1306 Tue 13-Nov-12 16:53:16

That's a lovely story! Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a very happy healthy pregnancy x x smile

PhoebeC Tue 13-Nov-12 19:02:55

Congratulations, Jools.

I'm 38 and 27 weeks pregnant with my first after just over five years trying, unsucessful IVF, a diagnosis of premature ovarian failure and beginning to accept a life of childlessness.

I have been through such a range of emotions in the last few months I don't even know where to start in describing it - thrilled obviously and disbelieving, but also at times very anxious, unsure and overwhelmed.

We also, coincidentally, moved from London to Kent about 18 months ago, so if when the news has sunk in a bit you'd like to get in touch and compare notes on this exciting, but unexpected life change, feel free to PM me.

Congratulations again and try not to worry too much.

Cheffie100 Tue 13-Nov-12 19:08:34

Wow that is amazing. I wish you the absolute very best of luck

MustafaCake Tue 13-Nov-12 19:08:58

Wow, very very many congratulations OP!

Best wishes for a safe and successful pregnancy!

seventyeight Tue 13-Nov-12 19:44:15

Congratulations!! Jools, we were in same thread a few years ago (the Grapefruit juice drinkers one) under a different name I think. Is that you? I have often thought of you. So thrilled

And congrats also Madamejosephine

Ellypoo Tue 13-Nov-12 19:49:03

Such fantastic news after so much heartache - congratulations & best wishes for a very sticky bean smile

HalleLouja Tue 13-Nov-12 19:52:13

Congratulations on your bfp.

Thumbwitch I was on the secondary infertility thread with you yonks ago. Congratulations on your baby. Hope it was worth the wait. Sorry for the thread hijack. grin

Wow congratulation!!

HalleLouja Tue 13-Nov-12 19:54:53

It's so lovely to hear stories like these. Obviously moving to Kent is the way forwards.

nananaps Tue 13-Nov-12 19:57:13

Nana puffs up the cusions on the "miracle sofa" and invites jooles70 over for a decaf coffee and cake.

42 here, gave up completely after 7 miscarriages and 10 years on and off trying for a baby.
Had the pill all ready to take, waiting for af, who of course didnt arrive and hey presto a wee baby with a healthy heart beating away on the scan screen!
Gobsmacked doesnt even come close to how i felt!

28 weeks and 4 days today, booked C section in January and so excited i cant tell you.

happy happy HAPPY miracle wishes coming your way from me too grinsmilegrin

DeekeyDoo Tue 13-Nov-12 20:00:38

What absolutely wonderful news! Congratulations and good luck xxx

BonnieBeaumont Tue 13-Nov-12 20:09:30

Thank you so much for sharing this! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. x

Thumbwitch Tue 13-Nov-12 23:50:06

Halle, thank you! smile

Congratulations to MadameJo, PhoebeC and Nananaps for their little miracles as well thanks

jools70 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:16:33

Ladies thank you all for your very kind wish, not sure if its the hormones but you had me in tears.
We have not told anyone yet as we want to wait until we have tests etc out of the way.
Im being very positive and Im not worrying about whats ahead which is a good thing for my tiny seed!!
I will be 12 weeks on, guess when 25th Dec!!! So we will tell everyone then, what a lovely Christmas Present for the family, they will be trilled.
So you ladies are the first to know xx
Thank you all again, loved reading all the replies.

jools70 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:19:42

Seventyeight - yes thats me hun, hope you are well. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now