Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First trimester moan

(22 Posts)
NaomiKnees Fri 16-Nov-12 11:12:55

I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time of it. It really does get better though!
I had a nightmare of a first trimester, but I felt like I couldn't even really moan about it because people wanted to me to super happy and bouncing around on clouds and burping rainbows about my pregnancy.
Of course I was happy, but I felt like crap.
I used to sleep in my car on lunch breaks, was constantly vomitting and as a result turned into uber-bitch at my DH.

Second trimester completely changed things for me though and I finally enjoyed being pregnant so hang on in there!
There's some good anti-nausea smoothies and stuff on this site- http://www.fittamamma.com/

Hope this helps!

Paradisefound Thu 15-Nov-12 17:47:16

My first trimester was awful including 2 hospital stays for hyperemesis, I really felt like I was being poisoned by my baby. By about 14 weeks there were signs of improvement. Now 18 weeks +4, still sick most mornings but feel better the rest of the day. The tiredness is getting worse though and I get really dizzy if I do too much... Low blood pressure apparently. Still living in hope that my sickness will go completely and my energy will return. As someone else said a big bonus to being sick ... I'm a few pounds lighter than I was before getting pregnant despite a significant bump...although I'm putting on what I lost rapidly! Sympathy to all who are feeling shit .. It gets better.

Squizzo Thu 15-Nov-12 17:18:09

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who felt like this. I am now 14 + 2 and although the nausea has gone and the energy levels are back up, I am still being sick a couple of nights a week which has me slightly puzzled. Is this the same for anyone else? Will it go away? I hate the fact that I can't look forward to my evenings at home after work when I would normally relax because I start to feel sick about 6pm and am then sick or feel like I'm going to be. My sickness has been going on since wk 6 and DH is really starting to get fed up of me constantly being sick the minute he gets home. It also means I don't want to make evening plans with friends just in case I'm sick or can't face eating out. I was really hoping this would all be over by now!

cupcake78 Tue 13-Nov-12 18:18:11

My ms pattern is forming, wake up be sick, feel sick all day and vomit around 7am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and then again in the evening.

Fizzy drinks, sweets, not eating, eating too much, being tired, stressed, upset or emotional all make me vomit.

Seasick bands are in place, no idea if they make a difference but don't want to take them off incase I feel worse.

Gingerpanther27 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:15:52

The morning sickness has well and truly kicked in today envy it's a feel sick not an envy emoticon lol I've spent most of today sleeping cos its the only way I didn't feel like I was about to projectile. I spent most of the morning leaning on the toilet cos I thought I was gonna be sick, not that I was therefore I've hardly eaten anything which is worse and i have to go college tomorrow and feel like death.....

specialknickers Tue 13-Nov-12 16:26:01

BTW feeling utterly utterly rancid today and I'm not even 6 weeks. Had to get MIL to look after DS (she is an total angel of mercy). Keep thinking I'm going to barf. Not pleasant but tis a good sign I hope...

specialknickers Tue 13-Nov-12 16:22:53

Well look on the bright side Cupcake, at least you won't be gaining any weight this trimester! [insert Pollyannaish emoticon]

I'm sorry you've been through MCs too (I think I might remember you from previous threads, I'm a NCer!) but congratulations on this new pregnancy. I'll keep everything crossed for you x

cupcake78 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:49:52

Who'd have thought cereal in bed at 9.50pm would've the thing to make me smilehmm

cupcake78 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:48:55

I do know abit of how you feel specialknickers I had two MCs before ds came along. This is the 4th time I've been at this stage.

Just had rice crispies in bed after throwing up again. I have to say they were utterly delicioussmile

specialknickers Mon 12-Nov-12 20:49:09

I have all the same symptoms - and couldn't be happier. With my last two pregnancies I lost the babies around 6-8 weeks. Bring on the nausea, the dizziness, the crying, the rage, the peeing, the aches, the bloating!... Bring em on. I look forward to feeling utterly wretched for the next 9 months actually.

Believe me, the feeling you get when the first trimester blah just stops? That's worse.

(Not offended by the way. Just trying to cheer you up. It's all worth it in the end, I promise smile)

looloo13 Mon 12-Nov-12 18:45:29

Im exactly the same, I feel so ill all day and night, I eat to stop feeling dizzy then spend next couple of hours trying not to bring it all back up. Im so tired yet wake up none stop for pee, got worst indigestion and wind!!! Im 9 weeks and 2 days and feel like Ive been pregnant forever, I have a 17, 16 and 11yr olds and their favorite saying is mam can you, will you,do you and where is! this is my hubbys 1st baby and Im trying so hard not to moan so thank you ladies for giving me the chance to let off steam on here !!

cupcake78 Mon 12-Nov-12 17:02:30

I've just been really sick, feel terrible and ds is being fed jam sandwiches for his tea because its all I can make without vomiting again sad.

Keep trying to tell myself he's far from neglected and if he has to live on sandwiches for a few months he's not going to starve. Wish dh would hurry up and come home from work so I can go to bed and feel sorry for myself.

BB01 Mon 12-Nov-12 16:39:10

Oh my goodness. OP - you couldn't have put it better.
Same for Sundaesundae. Was so looking forward to a weekend of relaxing and small outings after a week of stressful work and being tired. Felt worse than ever, could hardly bear to get up from bed let alone leave the house!
I find I worry it will get worse too then that makes me feel even worse!! Grr.
Makes me feel so alone as not told many people yet.
Just hope and pray that by the magic 12-week mark we'll all be skipping around merrily or if we're not at least getting some well-deserved sympathy as we can finally let the cat out the bag.

Gingerpanther27 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:45:40

rrreow I'm 6 weeks and also counting down til second trimester smile I'm fed up of peeing constantly as well and as for the farting blush DP thinks its a competition......

rrreow Mon 12-Nov-12 13:13:04

Much sympathy, I feel the same as you! I slept about 12 hours last night but I keep waking up every 1 or 2 hours because either I have to pee, have a bad dream, feel too sick to sleep, DS1 wakes up.. so I'm exhausted arrrghhhh.

I'm 9+2 at the moment so counting the days until I get to the hopefully more manageable 2nd trimester! How far along are you?

Gingerpanther27 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:04:51

I'm bloated to the point where you'd think I was 4 months preggo not 6 weeks hmm half the time, I've had to get a new bra already cos my boobs have expanded bad and there sore! angry (pissed off not angry emoticon) tired has a new meaning and feel so lethargic and as for the heartburn.... Just don't get me started and I'm no longer in control of my emotions I'm turning into a crying pissy psycho bitch at least the nausea isn't full blown yet smile and I just really wanted a bitch and a moan grin

lookingfoxy Mon 12-Nov-12 09:25:47

I feel exactly the same, its bloody depressing isn't it.
Im signed off work as well, been stuck in the house more or less for 3 weeks and don't even have cabin fever cos I just feel to ill to care.
House is a tip and I just sit on the couch every day!!

sundaesundae Mon 12-Nov-12 08:50:48

I don't think there is anything. I spent most weekends in angry tired tears till it passed.

Takeaways, early movies, things I could manage were helpful. Lack of any pressure to do anything was good also!

cupcake78 Mon 12-Nov-12 07:31:04

I'm struggling to keep perspective. All my energy is going on just keeping going and working. I need a treat but can't face food, have no energy so a day out or shopping trip isn't much fun. Constant seasickness and dizziness and smells is making it very difficult.

Suggestions on how to cheer me up when I'm feeling so rough and depressed!

xnancyx Sun 11-Nov-12 21:50:03

I feel exactly the same.
The tiredness particularly is so, so frustrating, I have so much to do and all I keep doing is napping. The dizziness and sickness is driving me crazy I have to keep telling myself it will all be worth it!
xxxx

sundaesundae Sun 11-Nov-12 19:03:07

Hopefully it won't be long and you'll feel more human! It is rubbish, but it isn't forever. Get him to do the house and try and go for a little walk tomorrow to get some fresh air and some vitamin d, you won't feel like it mind!

cupcake78 Sun 11-Nov-12 17:57:10

I'm tired, I'm fat, I'm constantly nauseous, I'm emotional, snappy. Infact I'm fairly horrible at the moment.

I had forgotten how horrible pregnancy is and beginning to wonder what the hell I've done. Dh just stares at me and tells me how proud he is of me and I hate him for it. He did this to me, him and his blinking great fertility.

I'm sick of going to bed at 8. Feeling sick and dizzy all day and all night. I just want 1 day of feeling ok so I can sort out the house, get some exercise and eat well.

I am never ever doing this again sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now