Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Overdue?! Lets rant and see who pops first

(232 Posts)
Biggem Mon 22-Oct-12 13:29:37

2 day over now and irregular period cramps and back ache are leading to NOWT!

And if one more persons tries to give me some 'helpful' advice I shall tell them
"Yes, I have been having sex whilst eating curried pineapple"
Fuck off!!!!

terilou87 Sun 18-Nov-12 19:13:36

well baby leon arrived at 3.25 this morning so i didnt have to be induced (yey) he weighed 8lb2 smile

afromum Wed 14-Nov-12 16:53:07

Hi ladies - check out this article might be a little comforting
http://voices.yahoo.com/the-lie-edd-why-due-date-isnt-you-1958162.html

Hope you all get to meet your little ones soon! smile

terilou87 Wed 14-Nov-12 16:22:09

i dont think i could of coped with 3, iv got a feeling it hasnt worked but who knows. booked in for induction on 19th so definitly not going to be too much longer (sighs) been a very long one. smile

I'm still here too terilou. I've just had my third violation sweep, 41 weeks tomorrow. Really hoping this one works!

terilou87 Wed 14-Nov-12 09:15:39

well still here, sweep booked in for today bout 45 mins time, please please please work!!!!! 41 week today sad

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Tue 13-Nov-12 10:21:00

Congratulations RunningKatie! Life for us with a toddler and a new born is... interesting hmm

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:17:10

congratulations runningkatie grin
only just got my show this morning at 40+6 go for a sweep tomorrow really hope it works...

RunningKatie Tue 13-Nov-12 10:04:44

I am back, after a protracted induction experience, and I now have a little DS who is wailing in his moses basket because Mummy has put him down.

Went in on Thursday for induction, got put on induction ward, they examined me and said I was 1 to 2cm blah blah, but the labour ward was full so basically I had to wait. And wait. And wait. They did try a pessary to get me to dilate more so my waters might go themselves but that fell out! At 5am Friday they came to fetch me to go to labour ward so they could break my waters. And we waited, and waited. At 9am my waters were broken, at this point I was contracting roughly every 10 mins but nothing was happening. DS was back to back and there was meconium in the waters so my options were limited but I had a great time sat on the ball with my gas and air. Still not dilating!

At 11am they put me on a drip, the rest of my labour and he arrived at 1pm on Friday. We came home on Saturday and the reality of life with a toddler and a baby is starting to sink in!

seabuckthorn Sun 11-Nov-12 13:34:20

Hope the sweep goes well mickey
I feel your pain these stop starts are dreadful not to mention exhausting!

terilou87 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:09:15

good luck MickeyTheShortOne hope it works this time round for you smile

seabuckthorn i had that last night as well. angry second stretch and sweep today so lets see if that gets things going!!

terilou87 Sun 11-Nov-12 09:52:40

can i join 40+4
been reading all the birth stories, im soo jelous...envy
seabuckthorn i know that feeling i was certain i was starting labor 2 days ago but it died off sad
also desparatly trying to avoid induction....
on the other hand i know there is less than two weeks till little man is definitely here grin

seabuckthorn Sun 11-Nov-12 09:40:45

sad still here!
All died down in the end. I have just been left with horrible backache.
I'm so so annoyed!
Left the sleeping beauties in our bed went down and sat on my birth ball listened to classical music and it all died down.
I'm gutted. I just don't see how I will go into natural labour with the DC about. DP was frigging useless I am so cross.
Think it might well an induction, just what I wanted to avoid.
Sorry this is very woe is me but just how many false starts can one labour take?!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sun 11-Nov-12 04:32:41

Shhh sea's DS1!

seabuckthorn Sat 10-Nov-12 23:58:15

Humph calming down already and DS1 is awake!

seabuckthorn Sat 10-Nov-12 23:53:34

Oh help!
I feel sick, I have pains which go all the way round and down with pressure which makes me think I need the loo.
Hurts especially when he moves, pretty much just hurts when he moves.
Ow and in my back too.
In bed on my left side, can't sleep through these!
Labour or wishful thinking? I'm such a pessimist I think it must just die down sad

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 10-Nov-12 16:57:06

Congratulations Doodle! So glad you got there in the end without a CS smile I'm on DC2 and still looking at her wondering what to do with her. Mostly she just requires snuggles and milk...

Mickey I tried to go back to sleep and didn't wake DH up for hours when I went into labour because I'd had so many false alarms I refused to believe it was the real thing.

Oh I didn't know there was already an overdue thread.. I just started another one.

Im two days overdue.. not alot I know, but after three/four weeks of strong braxton hicks, a week of period pains, backache and irregular contractions, I would've thought the baby would have come by now!! angry

Doodlekitty Sat 10-Nov-12 16:23:58

Hey guys. Had my little boy in the early hours of Friday morning after having waters broken at lunch time thursday, despite not being at all dilated. Went on drip and after 7 hours was only 1.5 cm. more talk of cs. After another 4 hours they checked again and I was 10cm! He was born about 90 mins later.

Still feeling slightly she'll shocked and confused about what I'm supposed to do with this whole new human, but we'll get there. Certainly worth the wait and the effort

seabuckthorn Sat 10-Nov-12 16:20:52

I'm hoping tears are a good sign

seabuckthorn Sat 10-Nov-12 16:20:20

Well I burst into tears this morning (really unlike me, poor DP!) as this is another weekend I'm pregnant. I had another reflexology session last night in a vain attempt to relax me more than anything. I don't feel anymore relaxed or in labour.
I'm having an M&S meal deal tonight and today has been sponsored by Nutella on toast.
I can't be the only one left. I swear if my cervix isn't favourable next week I will have a full on pregnant tantrum!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 10-Nov-12 15:22:57

I got stressed and spent most of the day before DD was born crying about one thing or another. See it as a good sign!

seabuckthorn Fri 09-Nov-12 09:52:29

Anyone popped?
I haven't! I was being so good not getting annoyed or stressed. It was short lived!

seabuckthorn Thu 08-Nov-12 20:00:49

I have 2 left, help yourself smile

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Thu 08-Nov-12 15:50:25

Mmm, I want ones with chocolate sprinkles now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now