Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Overdue?! Lets rant and see who pops first

(232 Posts)
Biggem Mon 22-Oct-12 13:29:37

2 day over now and irregular period cramps and back ache are leading to NOWT!

And if one more persons tries to give me some 'helpful' advice I shall tell them
"Yes, I have been having sex whilst eating curried pineapple"
Fuck off!!!!

Stumbleine Mon 22-Oct-12 21:01:55

Biggem I have very long arms grin.

I have however given up on the ladygarden trimming efforts after some fairly disastrous butchery the other week!

Stumbleine Mon 22-Oct-12 21:03:00

I didn't quite manage it, could feel the head but cervix is sat too far behind.

Orenishii Mon 22-Oct-12 21:23:37

Oh no - hahahaha - not toe nails. Just nails grin I tried to give the lady garden a trim and ended up with a bald patch.

I am too beginning to think ignoring texts is the way - I had a rant on anther thread about it...it's just - what do they think every time they say, "any news?" In my unreasonable, irrational state, I'm beginning to get insulted by it all - do they all really think we won't let them know?? I think also it all taps into anxiety about going too much over - it's hard enough dealing with a po faced MW about it all.

AnneH656 Tue 23-Oct-12 09:15:55

Oh yes. And well meaning friends with no children asking about 'twinges'... They don't understand they are one of MANY asking. As for MIL......

So I asked DP to insert epo capsules far up last night. All has done is given me leaky feeling this morning walking in the city. Nice

Stumbleine Tue 23-Oct-12 10:38:30

Morning all! I had a lot more regular Braxton hicks last night but they've faded off today.

Poor dh is walking on egg shells at the moment. I asked him to go and get me a.creme egg last night and he was gone for nearly an hour! Turns out he had to go to 3 different shops to find one, I guess he dared not come home without it!

I need this baby to come today as this is the last day my birth partner isn't working for nearly a week.

Have spent the morning working on acupressure points. How is everyone else keeping busy?

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 10:54:33

Hahaha Anne I just felt the same...leaky! Enjoy your cake and castor oil today!

Stumbleine that's so funny about the creme eggs, they must be pretty hard to track down this time of year as well! He did well to find one.

I have my sweep today and I'm not sure what to wear. I've mostly been living in various pairs of maternity yoga pants - I guess the MW will put a sheet over me and not expose my (temporary) thunder thighs??

AnneH656 Tue 23-Oct-12 11:00:50

I am officially shit at this. Bought capsules instead of straight caster oil.

Sigh.

Did manage to get black forest slice though :-)

I'd go with yoga pants orenishii. Keeping fingers crossed for you. I think we should all have our babies today. The bake off has finished so we may as well...

imustbepatient Tue 23-Oct-12 11:16:35

I'd say the Black Forest slice is more important anyway AnneH!

I'm currently sitting at home with a poorly DD1. Do you think that might increase the chances that DD2 will now arrive?!

I'm getting sick of repeating the same non-update to people too. It is kind that they are thinking of me but YY to it being a constant reminder that nothing is happening angry

javotte Tue 23-Oct-12 11:22:26

41+4. Had massive arguments with the staff at the hospital because I don't want to be induced. I've got until Thursday morning to have this baby naturally. sad I've been having contractions every night for about a week, but they stop after a couple of hours.

Catlover0608 Tue 23-Oct-12 11:27:42

Orenishii you can wear what you want, as you say the midwife will put a blanket over you. I would advise that you take or have in place a sanitary towel for afterwards though. The midwife appeared to use a whole handful of lube for my sweep, and it was not a pleasant feeling afterwards confused!

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 11:28:04

Javotte my MW just assumed she would book me in for an induction at 41+4. Currently at 41 weeks, with a sweep booked for today. She is very po faced at me wanting to go to 42 weeks and then review the situation, and not even necessarily be induced then.

Try not to stress, you don't have to do anything you want to do. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on MN who have gone well "overdue" - I only say this because I hate that women "have until x date" - that's not going to exactly induce a calm, relaxed woman is it - to have a count down before something she doesn't want to have happen begins!

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 11:29:18

Catlover thanks for the tip! I'll bring a maternity pad...might as well get used to wearing them grin

javotte Tue 23-Oct-12 11:37:21

Thanks orenishii. Yesterday the MW told me to accept the induction on Thursday "or give birth somewhere else". I don't understand why they have to induce me : the baby is thriving, I've got lots of amniotic fluid and I went overdue (though not as much) for my two eldest, very healthy DCs.

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 11:39:15

Oh javotte that is awful! Seriously, she said that? Is that even true - can they do that? Talk about scare tactics sad

Biggem Tue 23-Oct-12 11:59:21

Why are they so desperate to induce...is it to stop giant babies?
Sick dd1 might slightly increase chances for you..fingers crossed!

I am in full spring clean mode after having a shag last night - will nothing make this child vacate?!
Received the hello fresh box I ordered in anticipation of baby actually being here so cooking was easy this week. Sigh. At least it's full of spicy food wink

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 12:06:15

javotte I keep thinking about what your MW said - surely she can't be right? I would be asking her if she is sure that is the official line. It's made me so mad on your behalf - is there anyone who can be your advocate if you're feeling stressed out? I just cannot believe they would pedal that line.

javotte Tue 23-Oct-12 12:19:43

I live in France. They can't throw me out if I show up giving birth spontaneously, but apparently they can refuse to keep on monitoring me every 48 hours and to induce me at a later date if something went wrong.
I have spent the last 24 hours crying because I am so stressed. I am very tempted to call their bluff and give birth in the bath at home smile

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 12:29:26

Oh poor love sad First things first, try to calm down, and relax. Do you have anyone with you - a DH, or family to give you a hug and some hair stroking for comfort? smile A lavender bath, a massage, a cuddle can all go a long way to relaxing you and your babe, perhaps encouraging things along. A stressed mother is no good for either of you.

Next I would arm yourself with information on post dates so you can at least figure out what you are comfortable with. If you feel on Thursday that an induction is best for you and your baby, great. If you still feel pressured/it's not the right thing, you at least have information to help you. I would also post in the childbirth section - I have read some amazing posts from very knowledgable ladies on here who have gone as far as 43 weeks - I can't remember any of the threads but you need a call to arms with support from people on here smile

Biggem Tue 23-Oct-12 12:33:46

javotte that is awful...is it the general French stance or is ur me just a bint?

javotte Tue 23-Oct-12 12:59:33

I have moved since my last pregnancy. I used to live in a big city where they were much more relaxed about due dates. My local hospital seems to be stuck in the 70s/80s, but there isn't anywhere else to go.

javotte Tue 23-Oct-12 13:01:44

And thank you all for the hand-holding, it helps a lot. thanks
I've asked DH to go for a nice walk this afternoon so that I have something else on my mind.

Biggem Tue 23-Oct-12 14:12:30

Anyone else had pains in the bum / back passage?! please be a sigh please be a sign

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 14:21:27

Yup, me! I find the yoga ball very uncomfortable after a while. I tell myself it's the pressure of the baby engaging grin

Biggem Tue 23-Oct-12 15:03:53

Damn, so nothing more encouraging then? Damn.
Just woke up from a semi nap and have managed not to dribble everywhere. Wahoo grin

imustbepatient Tue 23-Oct-12 15:11:22

Well done on not dribbling! At this stage all victories have to be celebrated.

Just back from MW appointment, sweep now booked for fri. Fingers and toes ( but not legs obvs) crossed that baby will arrive before then...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now