Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else here around 38 weeks?

(394 Posts)
MayimBialik Mon 22-Oct-12 06:02:57

I know there is a last week or two of pregnancy thread but it's got to the super long stage making it hard to get into hence me starting this thread.

Currently 38+1 weeks pregnant with my first DC and DESPERATE to meet my baby now. Actually I'm probably not desperate - I think I will truly understand the meaning of that word if I go overdue. But I really don't want that to happen!

Trying to keep active and walking loads plus swimming when I get the opportunity. Bouncing on my ball occasionally and taking raspberry leaf capsules to limber up the old uterus. These seem to be giving me Braxton Hicks though as I've noticed them a lot in the last couple of days since I've been taking the capsules.

Struggling to sleep, feeling very achey in pelvis and getting period like pains (have been for a week or so now, but very mild!)

How's everyone else at this stage doing?

LittleBlackDress Tue 23-Oct-12 22:20:01

All died down in the end. Off to bed son to try to get some sleep.

How's everyone else?

LittleBlackDress Tue 23-Oct-12 22:20:23

soon

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 23-Oct-12 22:22:10

Ah little, never mind.

Won't be long now hey?

Enjoy the rest! I'll be up with ds2 again tonight he has a fever sad and a blocked nose, sore throat etc. feel so sad for him as he's only 15 months sad

Anyway, maybe tomorrow then ladies?!?

debbie1412 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:26:15

39 frickin weeks tomorrow ahhhh its so good to say that. Just planned my night out with my other yummy mummies. 22 of dec and il have a G&T or 7 with my name written all over it. Then 23rd il be spending most of the day attached to my trusty expresser.

sooooo fed up now - had a shower last night and while washing, my right leg slipped and i ended up looking like i was staddling a horse - ouchy bloody ouchy like i couldnt be in any more discomfort down there as it is!!! hubby had to help me out of the shower and now im walking like john wayne!!!!

had all my fianl appts with scans and consultant to confirm what i already know - that baby isnt a whopper (7lbs), is head down (hence the ouch) and that i can deliver on mlbu in the pool!!!

and to top it all off im down to one pair of very uncomfy jeans that i can fit into - am refusing to buy anything at this late stage lol!!!

MacMac123 Wed 24-Oct-12 09:43:03

Hello! Am 38.2
My first baby was born at 39 exactly so am hoping this one is too!

coronalover Wed 24-Oct-12 09:56:20

Hi ladies!

I'm 38+1 and had painful bh at night for past couple of weeks. DH is often home and looks after DS so I'm lucky to be able to get some rest in the daytime smile

I've been getting period type pains and general aching in my groin bur mwife said not necessarily a sign the baby will come early. i've got a hot curry scheduled in for Friday in the hope it'll get her on the move!

coronalover Wed 24-Oct-12 10:01:25

I feel your excitement debbie I'm already so excited about my work Xmas party in december!

littlebubbalove Wed 24-Oct-12 10:33:25

Hello, i'm 38 weeks today! Can i join you?

CardiCorgi Wed 24-Oct-12 13:18:23

Hello again. No problem Gingerbread I like corgis of all types.
Well, work is taking my mind off the fact that I'm going to have to give birth, so I suppose that is a good thing. Apart from that I'm alternating between rushing to get things done and brain not working at all.

Any more signs little? My show was pretty unmistakable first time round (and really quite disgusting).
I'd like the baby to hang on for another week so that I get a day or two at home with my feet up, plus I've got opera tickets tomorrow night and it's ages since I've been out in the evening, so I'll be disappointed if I have to miss it.

debbie1412 Wed 24-Oct-12 13:57:55

Is anyone having that last spurt of energy?? Cooking lots and cleaning. I'm just sprawled on the couch. Think I'm in or a 42weeker.

flutterbynight Wed 24-Oct-12 17:33:00

Hi everyone.

debbie had a spurt of energy yesterday which I ended up using to walk into and around town for two hours (plus walking back home) - not exactly nesting but it was nice to get the fresh air and I felt really chirpy afterwards!

Today is a different story sad woke up feeling out of sorts and haven't been right all day - anyone else feeling like this? Am even off my food, which is unheard of for me! Obviously I want to think this means things are about to kick off but I think more likely its just late pregnancy taking its toll.

Hope everyone else is doing okay - wonder when we'll get our first baby news on this thread!

flutterbynight Wed 24-Oct-12 17:36:01

Sorry Ginger am posting on my phone so managed to miss your response! Not a bloody show, no, just snotty and clumpy (eww, sorry for the horrible image!) Does that still count or could it be something else?

debbie1412 Wed 24-Oct-12 17:58:09

CORONALOVER lol I always feel wary about using spicy food as a tattic. You never know when it may re appear or who in front off :-)

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Wed 24-Oct-12 18:02:19

Does sound positive flutter

coronalover Wed 24-Oct-12 19:39:24

Thanks for the warning debbie! It worked (or was just a co-incidence) with DC1 so I'm willing to give it a go again.

I'm distinctly lacking an energy spurt, although have spent most of this afternoon cooking food to put in the freezer for after the baby is born. I kind of had to though because I already had the ingredients!

flutter maybe you'll be the first smile

debbie1412 Wed 24-Oct-12 21:40:24

Tactic

Gingerbreadlatte Thu 25-Oct-12 07:29:13

Hello

How is everyone today? Anyone hit 39 wks yet?

Flutter- your show is v encouraging smile

Re spicy food. I'm not sure my heartburn can take the level of heat required for it!!

I do think sex is a good option if you can bare it!! I'm being swept Monday so reckon sex after that might be a good idea blush

horseylady Thu 25-Oct-12 07:39:06

39 weeks today!!!

Sweep booked for 40+6. would have rather been next week but mw said she wanted to try to leave me naturally.

Been having waves of energy then crashing. Not long to go really though!

MayimBialik Thu 25-Oct-12 07:39:23

Hi all

38+4 today. Feeling very achey after walking around for hours yesterday. Slept pretty well though for a heavily pregnant woman.

BH seem less frequent (boo) and I'm not getting any other symptoms of impending labour. Seeing midwife today so I shall see if baby is any more engaged than last time (3/4). I blimmin' hope so after spending all day on my feet yesterday!

Gingerbreadlatte Thu 25-Oct-12 07:54:07

Hooray for 39 wks horsey!!

Mayim- aches is good. Keep up with being upright!

I am 39 according to my dates but MW say Saturday. I am pretty sure I a, right but it makes no differnrce now really!

I might do something on hands and knees today! Or maybe some ironing to make me stand. Though it buggers up my poor PGP pelvis though.

flutterbynight Thu 25-Oct-12 08:15:57

Morning all! I'm also 39 weeks today but have a feeling that I'm going to be pregnant for a couple of weeks yet...

Yesterday was a really horrible, hormonal day so I've decided to try and take things one day at a time at the moment and to focus on what I'm going to do each day rather than whether labour is just around the corner - let's see how long I manage to keep it up smile

Keeping upright and doing things on hands and knees sounds like a good idea - yesterday I mainly slobbed out on the sofa blush planning to be a bit more active today!

Hope everyone else is doing okay, even if we go overdue it can't be too much longer now! grin

debbie1412 Thu 25-Oct-12 12:50:41

Morning 39 weeks is nice to get to isn't it. I've been obsessed with twinge watching for the past 2 weeks I've woke up this morning with the same attuide I'm just going to carry on with life and try to ignore it. But I've def dropped I feel lower :-)

LittleBlackDress Thu 25-Oct-12 14:37:02

Hello everyone. Well, little LBD arrived yesterday! 38 + 2. Bit of a shock, but all ok. So it was all a build up after all. Quite tired now and ready for nap. Fat chance!

How's everyone else progressing? Can't wait to hear how you all get on.

flutterbynight Thu 25-Oct-12 15:09:22

Huge congratulations Little! Fantastic news grin Let's hope the rest of us aren't too far behind you!

debbie how's the "carry on as normal" approach going? Mine has worked quite well today, have got lots done and not really pondered when baby will arrive, which is progress! Having said that I'm now very achey from being more active today. Would love a nap but off to meet some friends shortly so that may have to wait for later, or perhaps another day!

How's everyone else doing? Any more arrivals?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now