Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Missed miscarriage

(259 Posts)
C4ALR Tue 16-Oct-12 22:12:01

I have found out today I have had a missed miscarriage. I still have the foetus in my womb. I have opted to pass it naturally instead of surgery but a now bit scared as unsure what to expect?
Am I going to go to the toilet and pass a large clot?
Please help sad

C4ALR Tue 27-Nov-12 07:24:12

Good luck for your scan, got everything crosses for you x

janey1234 Tue 27-Nov-12 11:23:35

We saw and heard the heartbeat, all is fine. Am so happy smile was magical.

Your turn next. You just need to kick this bloody infection then you can try again. Poor you having such a shitty time of it.x

C4ALR Tue 27-Nov-12 11:41:14

Oh I am really really pleased about that, ive been worring bout you.

I bet you are so relieved smile

I think it will be january befor I can start trying again after all the tablets I need to take. But time is a vertue x

janey1234 Tue 27-Nov-12 16:10:47

Yes, SO relieved. And perfect timing for my hols.
Oh, and yes, I am very lucky to be going away on these holidays. Comes of being so old - more spare cash than in my twenties!
January is no time. And then you'll have your baby in the autumn; countless studies have shown that autumn babies do much better at school than summer babies, so that's good news.
Went well for my lovely friend this morning too, went with her for her scan (she's the one with PCOS) and all looks good so she was given a prescription for clomid. Maybe you and her will be pregnant in the new year smile xx

C4ALR Tue 27-Nov-12 22:53:14

Hopefully.clomid will work for your friend, it must be good. I always wanted a summer baby but least if autumn babies are meant to be clever they got a little chance in life cos they wont get no brains inherited from the parents haha.

Only one more sleep till your holiday, have a lovely time and relax x

janey1234 Wed 28-Nov-12 15:35:32

Thanks you. Will be in contact when I'm back. Hope your infection clears up soon and you're able to start back on the clomid. xx

janey1234 Tue 04-Dec-12 16:58:12

Hey! I'm back! smile
How are you? Feeling any better? Really hope the infection has cleared up now for you...
xx

C4ALR Fri 07-Dec-12 18:16:55

Hi janey, hows things?
Did u have a good holiday?
Iv got some good news.. Im gettin married on the 28th dec this year smile felt like we wanted to start the new year fresh. Hope ur well x

janey1234 Fri 07-Dec-12 22:33:15

Oh my god!! That's amazing news! I am soooooooooooo happy for you grinsmilegrinsmilegringrinsmilegrinsmile

Hopefully it will be the start of a new run of good luck for you.

You feeling better?

Had a lovely hol thanks, now in Bangkok with jet lag about to start our tour of Thailand!

xx

C4ALR Sat 08-Dec-12 08:07:18

Thank you, yes I am feelin alot better now, the antibiotics seemed to wrk and mentally iv got something.good to focus on now so feel ok.

My dp is very shy whicj is why weve not married sooner but now were.goin off on r own. My mum is abit sad about that which has upset me but I feel this is wat we need to move on so im hopin my mum will forgive me!

Im glad.u had a lovely time, I couldnt log in to this site for.some reason which is why I never.replied to you sooner.

Well have a.lovely.lovely time im.thailand, my uncle lives out there x

janey1234 Tue 11-Dec-12 13:35:26

Am in Thailand so can't stop, just wanted to say please don't worry about your mum. Do what's right for you and DP and enjoy every moment of 28th. Will be thinking of you xx

C4ALR Thu 20-Dec-12 09:04:36

Hi, wernt sure wen you wer back? Hope your having a lovely time and taking it easy. Bet the weather is lovely isnt it?

Im all sorted to get married now, mum still not over the moon think shes really hurt but I know if I dont do it like this we wont ever get married, I feel like im being really selfish though. She has been out shopping bought my outfit im wearing and jewlerry but I can tell she is upset.

Im going.in a work xmas/hen party tomorrow.night my first proper drink for months then I start a hormone tab on 23rd so then hopefully it will bring on a period to take my clomid smile x

janey1234 Thu 20-Dec-12 12:03:55

Hey you!
Not back until Christmas Eve - when I go straight from the airport to the clinic for my 12 week scan, argh.
Your wedding sounds so exciting. Please try not go worry about your mum, she really will get over it, and I know that in reality you're a stranger to me but you just sound so different since you said you were getting married. It's clearly making you happier to be starting a new chapter with your husband to be, and will hopefully mark the start of a fantastic new year for you smile
Bloody monkeys stole my camera this morning, cheeky sods. So no holiday pics for me!sad still, was quite funny!

C4ALR Thu 20-Dec-12 19:48:24

Haha sounds really funny.. Monkeys stole your camera I know its not really though.

I bet your so excited about your scan? Let me no how it goes, its gone so quick doesnt seem 5 minutes ago you found out you were pregnant.

Its crazy really, like you say we are strangers but feels like iv known you forever.

Speak soon and take care xx

janey1234 Sun 23-Dec-12 04:23:31

Shitting myself to be honest! Because I'm so sodding ancient wink the risks aren't great anyway (1 in 150 chance of downs) but have the fear the scan might make the chances even worse. Just want it to be done with now! Still in our hotel in Thailand but by 1pm Monday I should know the risks.... Aah, keep everything crossed for me!
X

C4ALR Sun 23-Dec-12 18:58:31

U sound like me now thinkin the worst, u just got to stay positive. And im sure ur not ancient ha smile

1 in 150 is very slim try not to worry, I have everything that could possibly b crossed, crossed for you. Let me no how it goes. Il b thinking of you xx

C4ALR Mon 24-Dec-12 16:15:56

How did u get on today? Xx been thinkin bout u x

janey1234 Tue 25-Dec-12 01:16:09

Sorry hectic day! Took 36 hours with no sleep to get to my folks for Christmas from Thailand (via scan) so was exhausted!

Yesterday went brilliantly. Odds gone from 1 in 150 to 1 in 3682 which is amazing for my age, an so bloody happy. Told the folks who were over the moon, and DP's mum couldn't stop crying she was so happy!

It all just goes to show - just because you've had one mc it doesn't mean it will happen again. Your turn next lovely smile

Have an AMAZING Christmas - is your bug day on 28th? Bet you can't wait!xx

C4ALR Tue 25-Dec-12 13:13:47

I am so so happy for you wen I didnt hear from you I startes to worry about you. I bet that is the best christmas present ever ever for you!! smile smile xx

Yer its the 28th at 11;30 I cant wait. My dp gave me a card and had amended it himself sayin wife to be.. He can b sweet wen he wants to b. Ha.

My hen/xmas do was so good I was very very drunk I was ill all weekend recovering. But I am.now takin norethisterone 2tabs for 10days which should bring on a period for me to take my clomid so fingers crossed xx

Have a lovely christmas xx

I am so happy for you smile x

C4ALR Thu 27-Dec-12 11:44:03

Im gettin married in 24hours and my mum is so sad today, I keep blockin it out of my mind but is that really mean.and selfish?

I know she isnt just sad because of me cos she.got a lot on her mind at the.moment but I defo aint helping x

janey1234 Thu 27-Dec-12 16:19:41

Oh, I just came on to wish you luck for tomorrow (I will be with the midwife when you tie the knot!) and saw this sad
Why is your Mum sad? Are you doing it without her? Was she hoping for a big white wedding?
Even if she was, this isn't her day, it's YOURS. Well, yours and your DP's wink. She knows what a shit time you've had and I'm sure she will be happy deep down?
xx

C4ALR Thu 27-Dec-12 16:58:43

Yer were goin to bournemouth tomoro on r own, my dp is very shy there wudnt b anuva way of us gettin married so I excepted that and decided.i love.him so we wud do it on r own.

She just wants to witness it I think, I can.c y she is upset but im tryin to shut it off so I can enjoy my day. I would love for her to b there but I want.to marry my dp more...

Thanks for the message tho.
I done a pg test eaelier cos iv felt really.sick last 2 wks but it was negative, which is wat I expected.really.

Hope all.goes well wiv midwife tomoro x

janey1234 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:09:43

Ah, she will be ok. Just try to take a pic and send it to her on the day, and maybe a few you can print out and send to get later so she can feel she didn't miss out too much.

You have to do this the way you want to, and if this is what you want, you're absolutely doing the right thing smile

Try not to worry and enjoy every moment xx

janey1234 Fri 28-Dec-12 12:57:25

Congratulations!!!! You're married!!! gringringringringrinsmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilegringringringrinsmilesmilesmilesmile

Hope you're having an amazing day!xxxxxxx

C4ALR Fri 28-Dec-12 19:53:02

Thank you, yes we are havin a lovely day. Our hotel is amazin... Ha. I paid £115 & its like a little bungalow with seperate rooms lounge/diner, 2 bedrooms the.lot. Jus sat on r bed drinkin champayne.waitin.for r room service.

How did it go wiv the midwife today? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now