Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Missed miscarriage

(262 Posts)
C4ALR Tue 16-Oct-12 22:12:01

I have found out today I have had a missed miscarriage. I still have the foetus in my womb. I have opted to pass it naturally instead of surgery but a now bit scared as unsure what to expect?
Am I going to go to the toilet and pass a large clot?
Please help sad

C4ALR Fri 19-Oct-12 09:53:37

Goin by ur name hav u had 2?
Everyonw on here seems lovely and obviously understand x

C4ALR Fri 19-Oct-12 11:49:09

Im havin bad stomach cramps this morning, I had them really bad wed night but they went off, y does it come and go wiv days apart. This has been goin on nearly a week now, the bleeding and pains, iv had enough x

janey1234 Fri 19-Oct-12 12:07:17

You poor thing, are you in agony? Did the hospital give you any painkillers? I guess it will keep going until everything has gone. I was 'lucky' because the really bad pains only lasted about one day. I don't know but if it goes on too long, or becomes unbearable call your GP, NHS direct, or your hospital ward?

x

C4ALR Fri 19-Oct-12 13:00:31

The hospital told me to take paracetomol anf ibroprophen (cant spell that) the pain has gone off abit now, had a bath took tablets and laid dwn. I dnt seem to be passin anything tho only few little clots wen I wash myself in the bath. I dnt understand if I will defantly pass a large clot or not? X

janey1234 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:46:52

I really don't know, I'm sorry. I can tell you what happened to me though - sorry if TMI.

The pain seemed to get worse every time I was passing large clots; once they'd gone it eased for a while, until the next one. There was a lot of blood - every time I went to the loo (which at points was every 10 mins or so) there was lots and I could feel clots passing (sorry TMI). The bleeding then carried on for about another week or so, but after a couple of days was just like a normal period...

3rdtimelucky73 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:13:14

Yes C4ALR you're right. Currently third pregancy (about 10 weeks) lost a baby at 39 weeks in 2005 and had a MC at 7 weeks in August this year.

I will echo what janey says, my pain came in waves over several days and was much worse leading up to a trip to the loo to pass clots (I think this is your cervic opening/stretching to allow it to pass).

I was given co-codamol (codeine & paracetamol) towards the end and they were really helpful with the pain and it also helped me at the time to feel a little out of it too.

Be strong, thinking of you x

C4ALR Fri 19-Oct-12 19:23:58

I hope everything goes ok for u this time, fingers crossed,.i cant imagine what it would be like to hav a mc in late pregnancy, id imagine its awful, I am so so sorry for you 3rd time lucky.
Its reassurin to no it is normal for it to come and go, I hadnt until an hour ago actually passsd any clots unless like I sed earlier,i was in the bath.
The pain has become a dull ache now, but I am dosed up with pain killers. X

3rdtimelucky73 Sun 21-Oct-12 10:45:33

Thanks C4ALR I am trying failing not to worry... Time will tell.

How are you feeling today?

janey1234 Sun 21-Oct-12 11:38:10

How you doing today? In much pain? Really hope not. Thinking if you

janey1234 Sun 21-Oct-12 11:39:04

And you too third time - cant imagine how awful for you that late loss would have been, tragic. Got everything crossed for you too xx

C4ALR Sun 21-Oct-12 11:57:33

Hi ladies, I was in pain most of the night last night, but I think things r beginning to happen as I was bleedin more and losing quite a few clots durin the night.
I feel spaced out and drowsy this mornin as I took 2 co codamol bout 9 cos of the pain, so feel rough that way but least theyve stopped my belly ache.

3rd time lucky, try really hard not to worry it must b so difficult not too but ur name says it all so I really hope it goes well.

Thank you both of you for supporting me I am finding it really helpful x

3rdtimelucky73 Sun 21-Oct-12 12:43:04

Thanks Janey and C4ALR (again).

Yes, it does sound like it is starting. I hope it's not too painful and is over relatively quickly. It is an awful thing to go through, but once the physical side is over I hope you can start to grieve and heal. I think the painkillers sped the process for me, as I was less physically tense and I think this was stopping things happening.

Once it was over, I hid in the spare bedroom for three days in darkness, I'm NOT recommending this at all, but it was all I could cope with. I needed some quiet space to grieve and when I came out I could talk to DP and function better.

Do you have to go back for a scan at some stage to check everything?

C4ALR Sun 21-Oct-12 13:15:50

I do feel like I need it over now so I can grieve and try to move on with the future.

I hav got to go back for a scan.on 30th oct to c if it has all come away then go from there I spose. I was on treatment to become pregnant cos iv got pcos so not sure where I go from here to try again x

3rdtimelucky73 Sun 21-Oct-12 21:22:14

You will be able to move on, but take your time and be kind to yourself.

Are you being supported by DP?

Hope you can start TTC again soon if that's what you decide.

C4ALR Mon 22-Oct-12 09:08:21

Dp? Sorry not good wiv short hand, ha.

The nurse was goin to find out wats next for us for wen I go bac on the 30th.

3rdtimelucky73 Mon 22-Oct-12 10:57:10

DP= partner? I know you've mentioned support from your mum, was just asking what other support you had.

How are you feeling today?

C4ALR Mon 22-Oct-12 12:48:26

Oh sorry im bit stupid sometimes,ha.
Yer I do hav a great partner, he is tryin his best, bless him. x

3rdtimelucky73 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:08:22

Good to hear it x

C4ALR Mon 22-Oct-12 14:09:12

How about u hav u had good support throughout ur troubles x

C4ALR Mon 22-Oct-12 14:10:05

How about u hav u had good support throughout ur troubles x

janey1234 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:34:40

Glad you've got a partner as well as your family. It doesn't make it any less upsetting, but being alone is the worst at times like this...
Physically are you feeling any better today? x

C4ALR Mon 22-Oct-12 14:57:58

At the moment yes, about an hour ago I had abit of pain, passed a few clots but one of them had a some white colour to it, it wasnt very big, only a couple of mms but dunno wat it was, the pain went off after that abit x

janey1234 Mon 22-Oct-12 15:21:58

You're brave to look - I just flushed every time and didn't look grin(
I'm really hoping the pain is over soon for you - it must be awful to have it drag on so long. I was 'lucky' I guess in that it was painful - incredibly so at times - for 24 hours, but then the horrible pain stopped and I was just left with what felt like a heavy period, with a dull ache that was very manageable.

For what it's worth you sound very brave, and that you're coping pretty well considering.

Big hugs x

C4ALR Mon 22-Oct-12 16:11:00

Thank u for that, I cant help but look, I wanna no wen its gone.

I said to my mum today I fink wen you are in this situation your body takes over and you have to cope and carry on x

janey1234 Mon 22-Oct-12 16:30:15

I've just googled, at I think you said it all happened at six weeks? If so, apparently it would have been the size of a lentil. I know this isn't much help but I guess that might mean you won't know when it has gone for sure... sad. I'm sorry that doesn't help much.

And you're right, I think it does. When I look back at mine it feels as though I was in a trance throughout it all, the memories are horribly clear but also quite hazy, if you see what I mean, and it's almost as if it happened to someone else, not me.

You will feel OK again, I promise. Once it's all over your hormones will start to get back to normal too which helps I think.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now