Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many weeks did you work up until before mat leave?

(78 Posts)
scubastevie Sun 14-Oct-12 08:45:51

Just that really, and how many weeks did you wish you had worked up to? Assuming that you didn't have a really early baby grin

I am just wondering. Would like to work up til 2 weeks til due date, as I keep thinking as a first baby it will be late. So if I took 4 weeks then baby was 2 weeks overdue that would be 6 weeks wasted at home without baby.
Is this unrealistic though? I'm worried about tiredness and backache and all the other unknowns, but I'm not especially active ie. I'm sat at a desk most the day.
Experiences appreciated smile

scubastevie Tue 16-Oct-12 21:23:43

Xenia not everybody has 90% pay for 6 weeks. My company does full pay for a while, then half & SMP then SMP for a while.
We're saving as at the moment I would prefer to spend more time with LO then have more money smile but who knows!

Xenia Wed 17-Oct-12 21:52:25

I never even had the 90% pay for 6 weeks.

gaby274 Wed 17-Oct-12 22:39:39

I left work 2 weeks before my due day and good too i went into labour the day after i left. Take it easy in the last few weeks my job is stressful. Goodluck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now