Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby girl symptoms??

(42 Posts)
chubbychipmonk Wed 10-Oct-12 20:58:44

Ok so am looking for mums of girls? What symptoms did you have? Are any of the following true of old wives takes??
- crave sweet things
- lots of morning sickness
- boobs much bigger
- heart rate over 140 Bpm
-high bump
- weight gain on hips

Did any of these ring true? What were your symptoms with a girl?

InTheNightGarden Wed 10-Oct-12 22:26:09

with my dd smile :
-lots of morning sickness,pretty much the same time every morning.
-constantly ate chocolate,melon and wotsits!
-weigh gain on hips.
- never really got a bump.(had her prem)
- high sex drive.

currently pregnant with a boy smile
- no sickness at all!
- was a vegetarian for 10years however my craving for meat got so bad I'm now not a vegetarian!!
- low bump like a football!
- really good skin!!
- normal sex drive (how annoying!)

hope this helpsss!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 10-Oct-12 23:38:46

With my dd, I was very very sick from 7 till 17 weeks. Only thing I could eat was cheese and onion crisps confused. Lost about a st in weight through this! Small bump (still in normal jeans a week before I gave birth wink). Boobs same size

kittykatskumkwat Thu 11-Oct-12 08:13:22

No sickness
No sweet cravings
Less then 2stone weight gain and a very low out front bump
No heartburn ( lots of hair!!)
Was in the same bra all the way through although boobs fuller but hardly much gain
And a girl! As you can see by reading non of it makes any difference abd everyone will have a different pregnancy, sorry

PeshwariNaan Thu 11-Oct-12 08:19:28

Yes to all, and I'm supposed to be having a girl (but I won't believe it til he/ she comes out!).

The main thing is that I bloated out straight away, all over, and also had very severe morning sickness for 5 months. The majority of women I know who were sick like this had girls.

sammyleh Thu 11-Oct-12 09:07:03

I'm having a a girl and the only thing on the list I've done is crave sweet things.
No morning sickness, boobs not much bigger, heart rate fine throughout and no weight gain on hips. I was kind of hoping to get some curves but I look the same aside from having a football up my top!

chubbychipmonk Thu 11-Oct-12 09:25:58

What's the theory with leg hair? Haven't heard that one? hmm

Back2Two Thu 11-Oct-12 09:43:13

The mum gets more body hair during pregnancy with a boy due to testosterone levels ...that's the theory anyway

wishiwasonholiday Thu 11-Oct-12 09:44:38

I have 2 ds' and with ds1 I ate a pack if haribo a day! With ds2 I craved crisps.

I had a totally different pregnancy with ds2 so thought it was a girl but it wasn't.

I have a boy and girl. Both pregnancies were identical apart from the hair thing! With DS, I had the same amount of body hair as usual, with DD, it was much reduced, I only had to shave my legs once the entire summer grin

TheFlumpsHaveEyes Thu 11-Oct-12 09:50:10

Only two differences for me when I had DD to when I had my DSs -

1) Heart rate was over 140 with DD (mwife said she would also 'guess' a girl as it sounded more like a galloping horse, rather than a steam train (for boys))

2) My spooky friend predicted a girl when holding her swingy crystal over my bump - she also correctly predicted my DSs.

LexiLoganberry Thu 11-Oct-12 09:54:18

I had a girl and had no symptoms except stronger sence of smell until the heartburn started at around 7 months.

stowsettler Thu 11-Oct-12 10:42:23

I'm expecting a girl, I've had:-

- sweet cravings
- very little or no MS
- non-existent sex drive
- was on low-calorie diet before conception
- much less hairy
- gained lots of weight in first 10 weeks, barely 5lb since (now 22 wks)
- ravenously hungry in first 10 weeks (see above point!!)
- bump is a bit 'all over' IYSWIM
- baby's HR was 135bpm on Tuesday.

Judging from other's replies, there's not much store to be set by the old wives' tales!!

MrsAmaretto Thu 11-Oct-12 16:18:43

I had all those symptoms and had a large bouncing boy!

- crave sweet things - up to about 20 weeks I craved savoury and pickled things, since about 20 weeks I have craved sweets and cakes
- lots of morning sickness no, just mild nausea
- boobs much bigger - yes, and right is bigger than left
- heart rate over 140 Bpm yes
-high bump - yes
- weight gain on hips - no

Having a girl, unless the sonographer got it wrong

Oh and I've got more hair than usual!

kilmuir Thu 11-Oct-12 21:34:22

have 4 children, horrendous sickness with 3 of them
only slight evening nausea with 1.
sickness was with the girls

melliebobs Thu 11-Oct-12 21:35:50

I had a girl

No morning sickness
Hr less than 135bpm
Craved salty things. Mmmmm bacon butties
Didn't gain any excess weight but my bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now